Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Soumare to Napoli?

10 minutes ago, westernpark said:

And people use the ‘it’s not always straightforward’ line when defending our outrageously bad record for outgoings.

It always seems to be straightforward for the buying club

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

:dunno:

Fenerbahçe has signed 24-year-old Leicester City midfielder Boubakary Soumare on loan. #LCFC

◉ € 2.5M rental fee
◉ € 15M purchase option

I just can’t see fenerbache paying £15 mil for a championship midfielder. Turkish clubs are tight enough as it is. Is that a credible source?

56 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I have an issue with it because we demanded £15m last summer, Monaco offered it to us and then we changed our minds. At a time we needed players out to bring players in, it was annoying. Now it seems a huge missed opportunity.

Was any of that confirmed by anyone, or is this just more paper talk used to beat people with?

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Was any of that confirmed by anyone, or is this just more paper talk used to beat people with?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11031249/Leicester-rejected-15m-bid-Monaco-Boubakary-Soumare-seek-recoup-23m-fee.html

And reports of us keep increasing the price

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2022/exclusive-leicesters-boubakary-soumare-disappointed-by-monaco-deal-collapse/

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Babylon said:

Even when selling players you can end up either covering a percentage of wages, or dropping the sale figure so low to accommodate. 

Last few days have seen some extreme whataboutery!

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Last few days have seen some extreme whataboutery!

Sorry you'll have to explain this one. It's simple, when selling OR loaning a player a condition of a sale or a loan can be you have to cover a percentage of said players wages to get them off the books. A sale is not always better than a loan, there is no whataboutery involved. It's a stone cold fact. It depends entirely on the makeup of what's offered. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Paper talk then, as two days later the sun reported they offered nothing like £15m.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2022/exclusive-leicesters-boubakary-soumare-disappointed-by-monaco-deal-collapse/

This alludes to us increasing our price. There was something from the likes of Tanner or Percy saying the same at the time as well.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

It is not an issue providing this UKP2.5m loan fee does not include his wages.  

Can't imagine it would, two separate things I would have thought. Although I suppose it's not beyond the realms of possibility that it's a way of getting the money for the wages up front. But I've never heard of it. 

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This alludes to us increasing our price. There was something from the likes of Tanner or Percy saying the same at the time as well.

All I can find is that valuations were far apart with Monaco and that Soumare rejected a move to another unnamed club after we accepted an offer. 

2 hours ago, Clarkey123 said:

I just can’t see fenerbache paying £15 mil for a championship midfielder. Turkish clubs are tight enough as it is. Is that a credible source?

They won't they will pay the 2.5m loan fee then offer 15m lira to sign him on a permanent if he does well. 

1 minute ago, desertfox2 said:

They won't they will pay the 2.5m loan fee then offer 15m lira to sign him on a permanent if he does well. 

They're only getting an option to buy price by giving us a loan fee otherwise there is no benefit to us. 

Obviously we would prefer to sell and wipe our hands of the situation but it appears we don't have that option. 

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

All I can find is that valuations were far apart with Monaco and that Soumare rejected a move to another unnamed club after we accepted an offer. 

From what I recall, it was reported he wanted the move and we were happy to sell.

That's why he sat out of training/friendlies as his head wasn't right to play while the move was negotiated. 

Then BR got told we're not buying anyone unless there are major sales and decided he could work with him. What isn't clear is whether we then subsequently rejected the offer or he did. 

Last summer was an utter mess so not clear on what to believe.  

• Like 1