Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Soumare to Napoli?

1 minute ago, Sideshow Faes said:

It's bizarre that we have fans that will slag off tielemans for being amongst our best ever midfielders at his peak, but just not being able to stay at that peak, but they'll continue backing Daka and Soumare based on what they did for their former clubs, despite watching 2 years of them failing game after game in a city shirt.

Exactly that…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sideshow Faes said:

He worse than the vast majority of them and makes less effort than any of them 

I know it’s just one game but did you see his four goals at Spartan Moscow? I’m guessing you did.

Have you seen any other Leicester player score four in a game? You haven’t.

I fully get why some fans- including you - don’t like or don’t rate Daka, but why the hyperbole? He was the second highest rated striker of his generation when we signed him. He’s not so bad you know? Disappointing maybe, but not so bad.

Better than some recent horrors like Musa & Slimani for sure.

Feel free to disagree.

5 hours ago, Madelin21 said:

This bloke is complete and utter shite. Possibly the worst buy in the clubs history.

5 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

🤔

George Armstrong 

Roger Davies

Dennis Wise

Junior Lewis

Ade Akinbiyi

Jack Curtis

Martin Keown

Dion Dublin 

Rachid Ghezzal 

Islam Slimani 

Adrien Silva

…without trying!

Roger Davies was shocking.   

It looks like Bouba will spend the next couple of years picking up 6 or 7 million for doing very little. Few clubs will match his salary , either because they can't afford it or it will break their own salary regime. If we subsidise his pay , we can loan him . I can see the Thais baulking at paying out millions for two years for a player who will then be valueless. He could join the ground maintenance gang I suppose.

Guest Sideshow Faes
16 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

I know it’s just one game but did you see his four goals at Spartan Moscow? I’m guessing you did.

Have you seen any other Leicester player score four in a game? You haven’t.

I fully get why some fans- including you - don’t like or don’t rate Daka, but why the hyperbole? He was the second highest rated striker of his generation when we signed him. He’s not so bad you know? Disappointing maybe, but not so bad.

Better than some recent horrors like Musa & Slimani for sure.

Feel free to disagree.

This is a thread about Soumare.

36 minutes ago, Viva said:

He’s right up there considering the fee we paid for him. Directly responsible for our relegation as we were so poor in that centre mid area and he was the worst of a bad bunch. 

We paid 17 million which really isn’t that much in Premier League terms and everybody was creaming their pants that we’d signed him at the time and after the Community Shield. Considering 95% of our players have underperformed in the 2 years he’s been here, whilst he’s adjusting to a new country, new league and being played in a completely new role, I think I’ll cut him a bit of slack.

18 minutes ago, Sideshow Faes said:

This is a thread about Soumare.

Of course. No straying off the straight and narrow on FT! It’s my age I guess? Note to self - look at the thread you’re posting in before hitting send!

The clue was in your ‘makes less effort than any of them’ comment. Fair enough. 

Again, I’d respectfully disagree. Bloke was brodgered from the get go, brought in to be Yaya Toure when he’s actually more of an Ian Banks. 

I don’t think we overpaid with this one. But you and others are free to disagree 

Edited by Steve Earle

2 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

We paid 17 million which really isn’t that much in Premier League terms and everybody was creaming their pants that we’d signed him at the time and after the Community Shield. Considering 95% of our players have underperformed in the 2 years he’s been here, whilst he’s adjusting to a new country, new league and being played in a completely new role, I think I’ll cut him a bit of slack.

Ok Brendan 

6 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

I’m judging him purely on our time with us. Doesn’t matter how good we thought he would be. 
You can’t give everyone over two years to prove themselves. 

Guest Sideshow Faes
21 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Of course. No straying off the straight and narrow on FT! It’s my age I guess? Note to self - look at the thread you’re posting in before hitting send!

The clue was in your ‘makes less effort than any of them’ comment. Fair enough. 

Again, I’d respectfully disagree. Bloke was brodgered from the get go, brought in to be Yaya Toure when he’s actually more of an Ian Banks. 

I don’t think we overpaid with this one. But you and others are free to disagree 

Agreeing to disagree is healthy conversation my man 👍

When I watched him at his former club he played really the role we have Harry winks in. Drop deep, pick up the ball, play it to other players. The deepest midfielder. You have to defend if you're doing that.

1 hour ago, Rigga said:

made mind up after watching g him the first season… doesnt spot  any danger..slow to react to runners… 

no awareness whatsoever…

2nd season… exactly the same.would only get back when runner had already gone..

tell us all what we are missing ?

The vast change in all that towards the end of last season when played in his correct position for more than a cameo time period. Even the radio pundits commented on it. If you researched his strengths at his last club before he came here you'll see why he was always going to be up against it.

Although I've put this on before, if you have time to read this article and then objectively think about how Rodgers used him, I personally think there's a reason why he didn't perform well on his odd appearances. He's not the only player in fairness who was a round peg dumped into a square hole.

https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/player-analysis-boubakary-soumare/

1 hour ago, Sideshow Faes said:

It's bizarre that we have fans that will slag off tielemans for being amongst our best ever midfielders at his peak, but just not being able to stay at that peak, but they'll continue backing Daka and Soumare based on what they did for their former clubs, despite watching 2 years of them failing game after game in a city shirt.

Very true.

Same with your (user) namesake Faes, whose first good game for us was last Saturday!

Laughably bad before that.

Just now, James_lcfc said:

Very true.

Same with your (user) namesake Faes, whose first good game for us was last Saturday!

Laughably bad before that.

He had plenty of good matches before the World Cup. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Viva said:

I’m judging him purely on our time with us. Doesn’t matter how good we thought he would be. 
You can’t give everyone over two years to prove themselves. 

Yeah, that’s fair enough. I think he’s been shit aswell but just think calling him one of our worst signings ever is a bit much.

6 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Yeah, that’s fair enough. I think he’s been shit aswell but just think calling him one of our worst signings ever is a bit much.

I think the fact that for me, his form directly led to our relegation, moves him higher up the list than others that might not have had such a negative impact. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Viva said:

I think the fact that for me, his form directly led to our relegation, moves him higher up the list than others that might not have had such a negative impact. 

Again bit much, he started half our Prem games last year. He’s well down the list of peoples form which led directly to our relegation 

Just now, Simmo86 said:

Again bit much, he started half our Prem games last year. He’s well down the list of peoples form which led directly to our relegation 

Centre mid was our weakest position. The fact that he only started half the matches tells you something about his form! 

6 minutes ago, Viva said:

Centre mid was our weakest position. The fact that he only started half the matches tells you something about his form! 

So let me get this right, centre mid was our weakest position, Bouba played less games than others in our weakest position but he’s directly responsible for our relegation.

7 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

🤔

George Armstrong 

Roger Davies

Dennis Wise

Junior Lewis

Ade Akinbiyi

Jack Curtis

Martin Keown

Dion Dublin 

Rachid Ghezzal 

Islam Slimani 

Adrien Silva

…without trying!

Ryan Bertrand 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Adrien Silva was a worse signing, by far. 

2 hours ago, Sideshow Faes said:

Exactly Youri is a million times better than Soumare and Daka. Those pair are terrible