Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Soumare to Napoli?

4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

This is what I earlier wrote:

The vast change in all that towards the end of last season when played in his correct position for more than a cameo time period. Even the radio pundits commented on it. If you researched his strengths at his last club before he came here you'll see why he was always going to be up against it.

Although I've put this on before, if you have time to read this article and then objectively think about how Rodgers used him, I personally think there's a reason why he didn't perform well on his odd appearances. He's not the only player in fairness who was a round peg dumped into a square hole.

https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/player-analysis-boubakary-soumare/

That says his talents are interceptions  and headers due to his height, plays let side of centre but rarely leaves the middle of the field.

At the time we bought him, we were looking for a link up player to play with tielemens as Ndidi just wasn't it, looks like we just thought we were getting a more skillful upgraded Ndidi. Perhaps Soumare has just never wanted to play for us, personally against opinion, those last games he played I thought he was the best option we had, and thought he'd be brilliant for the championship, it seems though that he wants out which is dissapointing 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

That says his talents are interceptions  and headers due to his height, plays let side of centre but rarely leaves the middle of the field.

At the time we bought him, we were looking for a link up player to play with tielemens as Ndidi just wasn't it, looks like we just thought we were getting a more skillful upgraded Ndidi. Perhaps Soumare has just never wanted to play for us, personally against opinion, those last games he played I thought he was the best option we had, and thought he'd be brilliant for the championship, it seems though that he wants out which is dissapointing 

You're probably right. I think it was his passing and keeping the ball moving/progression that were supposedly his strengths in France. 

I remember upon his arrival Rodgers saying that he wanted him to be more box to box and score more goals. He also then played him as a defensive midfielder, both according to the write up, his weaknesses! Sometimes a player that remains in and around that centre circle area of the pitch can be a great asset like Deschamps or Busquets for example (not directly comparing him to them at all). I think he'll have a decent career somewhere though not reach those heights. It's not a glamorous or eye catching role but in the right system, a very important one. I don't think that would be on Maresca's wish list though from what I've seen or understood so far. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mike1983 said:

Any actual news on this? Had to scroll down the whole page and it was nothing but off-topic dribble. 

What do you expect?? This is Foxestalk.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

If the fella does have mental issues then i guess that’s going to potentially scupper any transfer ?? 

I don’t know this to be the case now but we do know that he had problems in year 1 settling away from france. 

I’m struggling to think of another reason why he simply isn’t at seagrave (unless he has or has had a family problem of serious magnitude)

He is at Seagrave.

6 minutes ago, Ricey said:

He is at Seagrave.

Delete my post then 😄

I hadn’t seen him in any videos (but then maybe I’m not looking very carefully ) 

just looked more closely at yesterdays video and yep - he’s there 

Edited by st albans fox

Football being football , managers average about eight months in a job , Soumare might think he can outlast Maresca and this will have been discussed between him and his agent. Praet has outlasted Rodgers and he and Vestergaard are back in the fold. Unlike them Soumare has got plenty of time.

9 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Rodgers stated he saw Soumare as a rotation option for both Tielemans and Ndidi. He was never expected to be a starter.

26 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes burn it all down and create a world of nothing but being on topic I say  :huh:

Well which is it? You get picky about the fact that the transfer topic on Soumare had other discussion around the same player so I can only take from that, that you think every thread on the transfer forum should be nothing but a string of links from twitter (sorry ‘X’ :rolleyes:) weirdos.

3 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Well which is it? You get picky about the fact that the transfer topic on Soumare had other discussion around the same player so I can only take from that, that you think every thread on the transfer forum should be nothing but a string of links from twitter (sorry ‘X’ :rolleyes:) weirdos.

Was being a bit facetious, obviously transfer threads about player X (Not the application formally known as Twitter) would feature some non-transfer related discussion, but it does get mildly tedious when none of is in relation to transfers for player X and just repeat gripes from the main forum

11 hours ago, Mike1983 said:

Any actual news on this? Had to scroll down the whole page and it was nothing but off-topic dribble. 

How long have you been saying dribble, instead of drivel? :ph34r:

Incidentally, that’s something Soumare can’t do. Dribble.

Edited by RoboFox

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Was being a bit facetious, obviously transfer threads about player X (Not the application formally known as Twitter) would feature some non-transfer related discussion, but it does get mildly tedious when none of is in relation to transfers for player X and just repeat gripes from the main forum

That’s fair, I am fully aware I was being facetious myself in my reply. I suppose we could call it semi on/off topic. I think the mods do a good job with threads which go genuinely right off.

Personally, I and others clearly do too, find it tedious to come on these threads and just see endless ‘he’s shit’, ‘pub player’, ‘competition winner’ etc and of course ‘he’s the worst signing in the clubs history’ which I think appeared for about 3 different players on the same day a couple of days back :rolleyes:

Its no wonder those shit posts attract responses debating these points. 

• Like 1