Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Soumare to Napoli?

19 minutes ago, JayT - Always A Fox! said:

Why is he still here?

Because hes on obscene wages for his actual ability so the teams that actually want him cant afford him.. like the problem with a lot of our players. Almost guarenteed he will end up on loan late in the window and we will be massively supplementing his wages  

Edited by South Shire Fox

I thought some French club would be in for him as he was quite well thought of over there before his move to us. Does anyone know the likely fee we would accept for a permanent move (realistically) or is it going to be another Ghazzal where he ends up at a different club each year on loan?

I can see Soumare getting really cheeky offers from clubs abroad, sub £10million type offers. 

They know we have no intention of keeping him and he has flopped here. 

I expect he will go on a season long loan right at the end of the window, as we give up on trying to sell him. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd be amazed if he stays, but if he did, I still think he'd be ridiculous at this level if he was motivated.

I tend to agree tbh.

The fact we've managed to get some kind of tune out of Jannik gives me faith we'd be able to get something out of Soumare. 

There's definitely a player in there, I feel if he'd have been given a run in this side under the new regime we'd be seeing glimpses of why we splashed £££ on him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He was one of the first names in my head when Maresca came in. I still think that a confident and motivated Soumaré would absolutely piss this league in that right side 8 role. It's practically made for him. 

But he's got to want to be here and he doesn't appear to. 

I'd say it's the first major man management test of Maresca's young career if Bouba and Patson are still here on September 1st. Two players far too good to be left out of the squad in the Championship. Bridges need to be rebuilt quick sharp if they can't be moved on. 

Yeah. I hope if he and/or Daka don't get their moves that between player and manager they get their heads right and utilise the talent that's there. Both at this level should be very dangerous.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd be amazed if he stays, but if he did, I still think he'd be ridiculous at this level if he was motivated.

Has he ever been motivated? 

I don't think he wanted to play for us even in the Premier League, so very much doubt he will find motivation now. 

I think we are probably getting serious low-balled by clubs abroad, and will have to either accept a painful offer or get stuck with loaning him out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Because hes on obscene wages for his actual ability so the teams that actually want him cant afford him.. like the problem with a lot of our players. Almost guarenteed he will end up on loan late in the window and we will be massively supplementing his wages  

Think we will end up taken a reduced price to compensate for his wages. We just need to bite the bullet, take a loss & move on.

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

I don't think he wanted to play for us even in the Premier League, so very much doubt he will find motivation now. 

I think we are probably getting serious low-balled by clubs abroad, and will have to either accept a painful offer or get stuck with loaning him out.

I genuinely have a theory that Rodgers never really wanted him. His entire approach to ball progression is carrying the ball through the midfield and I just don't think it's what Rodgers wanted at all. It's too high risk, too dynamic. 

I think someone in the scouting department picked him out for his progression stats with Tielemans due to leave and Rodgers was probably never that convinced. Guessing he tried to essentially change him immediately after he arrived. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He isn’t intelligent enough on the pitch to suit Enzo ball nor does he have the engine to press in the high 8.

He wasn’t quite for Rodgers dire football and even less so where Enzo’s style relies on players with and without the ball being switched on.

Not selling him last summer was such a rancid decision.

17 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Thought he looked bang up for it under Dean Smith

• Like 3