Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Barnes joins Newcastle

10 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Such a shame. I hate brendan so very much. 

There will be a time when the venom of relegation fades where we realise just how talented a group we had. 

it might be when soyuncu is bossing the champions league… when barnes is starting for england or when maddison wins spurs a trophy … but we will all realise that the players weren’t the problem, and it was always brendan and the mismanagement of everything for 2 1/2 years straight.  

I think we are more likely to look back and realise we had a group who were massively overrated.

Unfortunately they all rate themselves very highly and we are going to be stuck having to watch a lot of them next season.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

I'm not having this narrative levelled at him. He didn't want to leave, but the club wanted him sold.

It's on them as to who they do business with, not Barnes.

Erm, no.

29 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

He got to a point and never progressed, probably went backwards to be honest,  obviously Howe will be a better coach than Brendan king of the north Rodgers so he might get him to realise the potential.

Agree with this.  I was hoping Barnes would stay with us and that Maresca would improve him.

His goals will most definitely be missed anyone saying otherwise  is deluded . That  said what won’t be missed is his lack of fight and ability to go missing in games . You could argue his goals could have helped to keep us up but they didn’t and the other side of that  his lack of defending tracking back and half arsed ness  helped us get relegated . I’ve no ill feeling towards him and think it’s the best for all parties . The Championship is a real scrap to get out off which. Is certainly not one of his traits so gladly take the money and move on . 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Such a shame. I hate brendan so very much. 

There will be a time when the venom of relegation fades where we realise just how talented a group we had. 

it might be when soyuncu is bossing the champions league… when barnes is starting for england or when maddison wins spurs a trophy … but we will all realise that the players weren’t the problem, and it was always brendan and the mismanagement of everything for 2 1/2 years straight.  

You say that but we would have done well to do any better than we did. 2 fifth placed finishes, fa cup and a community shield. Europe was pretty underwhelming on the whole but still got some good away trips and eventually the semi final. Given the injuries we had (whether you can blame Brendan or not) we did pretty well and probably reached our ceiling. For all the ravings about Brighton they’ve still not achieved what we did. And will be interesting to see how well Newcastle fair this year, they’ve spent more than we could in a space of time but I’d still be surprised to see them finish higher than 5th. 

Obviously it all fell off a cliff and we spunked away a load of money but we still achieved so much. 

6 minutes ago, Raj said:

I dont really care about any players leaving.

I wish them nothing.

Must be my age.

This summer very cathartic indeed.

Really quite enjoying seeing these players gone.

Forget their talent, they don't wanna be here, i'm quite easy with that, just go. :wave: 

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

Want him to do well. 

But one of the most baffling, frustrating and brilliant players I've seen in a LCFC shirt. 

Never seen a player so capable of something brilliant, then suddenly forgetting he is on the pitch the next. I really believe he could have got 15+ goals in every season since about 2020. He could be that dangerous but just didn't take chances, yet would go and score harder ones. 

Wish him well though and feel like he did give a damn about the club 

• Like 1

Just now, phoneticerror said:

That’s the same smile he’s given in all press photos for us too. He’s pretty robotic.

I'll be glad to be rid of the adverts that come up on Facebook with him - Not even sure what they're advertising - It's some kind of dentistry, think it's teeth whitening or braces? :dunno: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One positive, when we’ve looked at 3 CB’s with 2 CF’s there’s the dilemma of how Harvey fits in :- no longer a problem! :thumbup:

You’re still thinking about the loss of a goal scoring, goal creating, exciting to watch home-grown talent aren’t you :ph34r:

29 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Agree with all of that, would only add other than the point re him getting UCL football, I'm gutted its Newcastle, as I'd like him to do well but i want them to do abysmally...

This really hits home the mess we have made of our situation 2/3 years ago - selling Barnes to Newcastle out of necessity would have been unthinkable then.

Better get used to it. Saudi FC will be vying with Dubai City for the next decade or two, unless Qatari United becomes a thing. Who knows, maybe the Saudis will throw so much money at football the Saudi league takes over and the English game becomes a feeder for teams there?

But it says it all when Maddison going to Spurs or Tielemans to Villa are actually the lesser evils than playing for atrocious humans rights United. That's the world is these days unfortunately!

• Like 1

This one hurts a little for me as he the type of player you would want around for a long time.

All the best Harvey.

Lets hope we can get some decent players in now to get back to the league we should have never been relegated from (thanks to the board, leaders and manager for that. Not bitter lol.)

50 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Huge shame, good luck to him.

Not so sure. He played like Madds and Youri last season. When they wanted to they did. But never put it in. Personally glad all three have fvcked off.

Glad none of them are here for this fight. They all fell short when we needed it.

Fvck off to your bigger better clubs I hope you all show what you did for us when it's a fight. So your all found out for what you are. Spuds bottlers.

• Thanks 1