Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Barnes joins Newcastle

Half watcher is he Newcastle game in the pub after football, happy to see Barnes score. He didn’t want to leave (apparently) or leave on bad terms. Gutted we don’t have him anymore. 

For all the mediocre performances for us, he had plenty of good games and scored a hatful. 

On 24/07/2023 at 17:17, Corky said:

I can see him returning one day. Think he'll feel there is more to do here.

On 24/07/2023 at 17:31, moore_94 said:

Give it 2-3 years and as long as we are back up I reckon he would be easy to bring back from Newcastle as they will have spent a load of Saudi pounds on someone else

I could see this happening.

If Newcastle end up splurging cash on absolute giants of the game, as they might if they want to make a genuine title challenge in the coming years, then Barnes might end up down the pecking order. 

I think he'd come under those circumstances if we're back up and return to the levels we were at two or three years ago.

Harvey will go on to be a success and hopefully nail down a place in the England squad ahead of the Euros. Glad to see him bag yesterday. 

To consider the numbers he posted despite clearly having regressed overall under Rodgers makes you wonder how high his ceiling will be under a manager who doesn't stunt his growth and wreck his confidence. Good luck to him.

7 minutes ago, Bilo said:

I could see this happening.

If Newcastle end up splurging cash on absolute giants of the game, as they might if they want to make a genuine title challenge in the coming years, then Barnes might end up down the pecking order. 

I think he'd come under those circumstances if we're back up and return to the levels we were at two or three years ago.

Bit cringe.

If Barnes was down the pecking order  in a few years it would suggest he hasn't improved much and if we still wanted him it means we wouldn't have moved on much in that time.

Get relegated, lose your best players, watch them play well for somebody else.

• Like 2

On 24/07/2023 at 16:07, South Shire Fox said:

I like Barnes but if he wanted to be here that long why would he only of signed a 4 year contract like Tielemans and Maddison? After two seasons the power shifts to the player

A player quite rightly even thankfully does not flip the pages of his local football forum…

He signs  rightly a contract for his own ( mixed emotions/practical reasons).  future & benifit…

Its not always about want, emotional or locality reasons. You saw a potential top scoret spite Rodgers outward bleetings,

be suppressed or feel of thoughts of duty to benifit team…

Crap, he should of had 20% thoughts on defending the rest, his duty has a player is to use his attacking instinct to benifit team. 

Rodgers,like Puel with Vardy,just turned a blind eye to the out n out Skills the individual has,& just can’t adapt their own way of thinking…Which in turn leads to  fans question the coaching manuals or ideology of todays modern coach/manager…

With Enzo it’s completely different,he’s New ,coming with a total different way of set up & game plan,where every single players

will „need to learn & adapt „..Maybe it is Vardy’s last farewell,or like the whole squad needs time for team & himself to create those openings. The whole chosen  forward line in pre-season and these 3 competive games are struggling to find their way..

Barnes will at Newcastle have to get to know his teammates,but I bet,

not with too a complicating choice of tactics and team-play…

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Harvey will go on to be a success and hopefully nail down a place in the England squad ahead of the Euros. Glad to see him bag yesterday. 

To consider the numbers he posted despite clearly having regressed overall under Rodgers makes you wonder how high his ceiling will be under a manager who doesn't stunt his growth and wreck his confidence. Good luck to him.

Very much doubt he gets in the England set up despite previously being in it. 

Left hand side you have, Grealish(starter), Foden and Rashford(should he actually ever turn up for England and not drop out). 

Maddison was utilised there too in recent games. 

Actually delighted for him. Was pretty much the only player I enjoyed seeing put the blue shirt on last year, even if the nobheads around me would shout abuse at him because they expected him to beat PL defenders every time. Hope he has a solid injury free season and puts himself into England contention. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

Looks like we massively undervalued Barnes 

BT ‘We’ I guess you mean the powers that be, as a lot of us could see how he has potential to really step up under the right manager and the right circumstances. Madders and Barnes both often had two players on them, but put them in a team with threats all around, opponents can’t afford to do that to them. 

Great to see Harvey get a goal and assist in the few minutes he played. Exemplified why alot of us thought 38M for a young English player with the stats he's delivered was an absolute steal. If its true that he didnt want to leave, we should've kept him and see him destroy the championship. 

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

Bit cringe.

If Barnes was down the pecking order  in a few years it would suggest he hasn't improved much and if we still wanted him it means we wouldn't have moved on much in that time.

Not really. If Newcastle push on and buy top top players, and we get promoted in the same time, that doesn’t mean Barnes wouldn’t be good enough for us. 

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

Bit cringe.

Or that he's not quite title challenge levels because that's where Blood Money FC est 2021 will be once they can ignore FFP like Man City

I liked Barnes. Great to see a player come through the ranks and out of him, Maddison and Tielemans he was the one I was saddest to lose. That’s relegation for you.

What he does at another club is of little interest to me. It’s just annoying that we got ourselves in a position where we had to let him go 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Can see him being a regular in the England squad, but he won't get many minutes so long as Southgate's preferred front line of Rashford, Kane and Saka stay fit. Grealish will also be ahead of him in the queue. As will Sterling be, even if he's not the player he once was. Southgate is very loyal to his favourites.

Southgate is loyal, but all of those players, as well as Foden are rightly above Barnes in the pecking order. 

I’m sure Barnes will be a great squad player for Newcastle. We needed to sell though and got a fair price. 

Edited by Viva
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Viva said:

Southgate is loyal, but all of those players, as well as Foden are rightly above Barnes in the pecking order. 

i’m sure Barnes will be a great squad player for Newcastle. We needed to sell though and got a fair price. 

I wont be leaving it on a negative Note..So:-

I bet he becomes a first team regular, ………has many assists,  & …..scores 14-18 goals a season

That neither Howe..or Southgate can afford to leave him out.

Then .Becomes a favourite of the English fans

I’ve said this all a long. His output in terms of goals and assists will only be improved playing in a better team. Whether it were Liverpool or Newcastle he’s gonna have a scary scary season I think. Doesn’t defend well but when allowed to play almost like a left striker he’s incredible.