Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Barnes joins Newcastle

On the verge of qualifying for a finals and he fancies it now! Not sure how I'd feel about that if I were a Scotland supporter! 

A bit short-sighted from Barnes as Southgate will go after Euros and with a CL season under his belt it will be a different situation under whoever comes in

Edited by Poznan34

8 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

On the verge of qualifying for a finals and he fancies it now! Not sure how I'd feel about that if I were a Scotland supporter! 

A bit short-sighted from Barnes as Southgate will go after Euros and with a CL season under his belt it will be a different situation under whoever comes in

I’d be delighted if he f****d off after the euros or even before them . He was going to walk after the WC but was “ persuaded to stay in post” . Another unflushable .

Would be great for Scotland. I'm always bit on the fence about players switching their nationality for football despite not really having much of a link to them culturally...but hey, it would strengthen Scotland and give Harvey a chance to compete at the Euros. Go for it.

8 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I suppose he thinks it's futile when he sees Southgate playing Maddison out of position in the exact position that he plays, like what happened today.

Maddison might make it at International level…

but not from where he played last night.

Rashford Saka & Kane should start…

IMO Barnes covering Rashford…would be the nearest  Barnes would get near the Squad.

Unlike some I thought Southgate started out well,but now he doesn’t seem to be taking us forward in our set up.or style of play.

Henderson…?? Squad yes but not now has a starter. Foden or ANO,

should be given their reigns,and not 2ndary subs..

But until Barnes starts putting in clear,and descisive performances,like others,before him ,decent top club player,but not yet England rife.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Makes a mockery of international football. Eligibility rules need to be tightened. 

To put a dampener on it,

Southgate should select him for the Oct-Nov Internationals,just to pss  the jocks off their straps…:D

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Makes a mockery of international football. Eligibility rules need to be tightened. 

Definitely.   At most, you should only be able to reference your parents, not your grandparents ... and I reckon even parents is pushing it a bit, when you were born in a country, lived your whole life there, supported the national team and consider yourself that nationality.

My solution would be this ... when you get to 21 years old, you have to fill out a form saying what you consider your nationality.   That's it.   No changing after that.

7 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Definitely.   At most, you should only be able to reference your parents, not your grandparents ... and I reckon even parents is pushing it a bit, when you were born in a country, lived your whole life there, supported the national team and consider yourself that nationality.

My solution would be this ... when you get to 21 years old, you have to fill out a form saying what you consider your nationality.   That's it.   No changing after that.

I have very distant Welsh heritage and let me tell you, you and your prehistoric proposal will not be ruining any potential international football career I could have with Wales if England don’t pick me tbqh 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

...21 is too old. 18 at a push, you should know by the time you are 15 what your nationalty, allegiance is!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update.
  • Like 1

always said it - as effective as Barnes can be, he’s a very 1 dimension player at the top level. He’s got electric pace over a short period, and that’s about it. He’s more Scotland level than England, unless he wants to be a sub for England in circumstances where games get stretched.

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck
  • Like 1