Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Barnes joins Newcastle

Just now, LCFCJohn said:

You trot out this one quite a bit to pull Harvey down. 2020-21, 9 goals but 25 games, on a great run of form and season ended through injury. Even the most negative of our supporters should be able to see 10 would have been cleared easily if not for the season ending after 25 games. 

2021/22, peak Brendan ball in full force.

Your fact you like to quote is of course correct. However, speak about using stats without context to fit an agenda :dunno:

I agree, his numbers are better than most in the Premier League.

Shame. I thought he'd be around a long while but we've brought it upon ourselves big time.

With him out that's now just under 60% of our league goals from last season gone with no attackers brought in yet, exciting times.

2 minutes ago, majaco said:

????????!  Thirteen goals last season.  Barnes will be sorely missed.

Can score thirteen goals and still be frustrating. Yes we’ll miss him if we don’t sign any wingers between now and the end of the window. 

Honestly, I just felt his heart wasn't in it last season. Just seemed to be totally moody in most games. Lacked the effort. Lost connection with the fans. He's a Leicester lad and surely he should have rolled his sleeves up to get us back up there. All those that say that he's begrudgingly gone, I beg to differ. 

14 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Such a shame. I hate brendan so very much. 

There will be a time when the venom of relegation fades where we realise just how talented a group we had. 

it might be when soyuncu is bossing the champions league… when barnes is starting for england or when maddison wins spurs a trophy … but we will all realise that the players weren’t the problem, and it was always brendan and the mismanagement of everything for 2 1/2 years straight.  

Meh, my blame has actually shifted away from Brendan slightly (Although he's still the catalyst) and I'm glad to see the back of these players who simply didn't wanna be here, pull their sleeves up, get dirty, work or put a shift in.

Then I go full circle and ask could I blame them playing how Brendan had them playing. 

Did they change once Brendan had gone, not really.

Relegation aside - They all think they're CL quality when they chucked CL away, two years in a row.

**** em'.

Edited by Matt

That's what happens when you get relegated , sad to see 😢 he would of been championship dynamite,  but good luck Harvey , hope you grab more  goals, enjoy Europe and maybe get an England call up.

15 minutes ago, Sly said:

I agree, his numbers are better than most in the Premier League.

Exactly. Stats are good but in Barnes case, get used against him. The one about only getting double figures goals without context is one. The other is assists. It will happily be pointed out by some that he only got 1 assist last season but conveniently missed out for the agenda the 10 assists the season before. Or 8 in 2019/20.

Basically, he has combined goals and assists well into the double figures every season for the four seasons he was properly in the side. It has varied whether that is weighed more in favour of goals or assists but overall numbers are very good.

• Like 1