Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Barnes joins Newcastle

Can see him really developing under Howe, might be they've that can elevate him to international status.

The tools are there, he just needs work rate and some good coaching by a non-narcissist.

Hes going to one of the most forward thinking and well run clubs in England. Despite their money, the work they're doing in the background is superb.

Best of luck Harvey!

• Like 3

No doubt he’ll be missed. 
However, the thing that sticks in my mind is the stick he got throughout most of last season. Especially on here. 
l rate him, always did, even if some obviously couldn’t wait for us to cash in. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STEVIE B said:

No doubt he’ll be missed. 
However, the thing that sticks in my mind is the stick he got throughout most of last season. Especially on here. 
l rate him, always did, even if some obviously couldn’t wait for us to cash in. 

Those people are in for a shock this season if they think Barnes was a bad player for us

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

As I said in the other thread, I'm gutted as I felt Harvey had the X Factor to get us out of the division. 

I wish him well

If we can get 3-4 players with that money in, I think that will have a bigger impact overall on the team, even tho Barnes would of been a star in the championship.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'll be glad to be rid of the adverts that come up on Facebook with him - Not even sure what they're advertising - It's some kind of dentistry, think it's teeth whitening or braces? :dunno: 

He’s got fake teeth of some degree ain’t he. Either veneers or implants.

Anyway, good luck to him. He’s been up and down for us. Never nice to see a local lad leave, but I don’t think this will be too detrimental to our campaign.

Edited by phoneticerror

If £40m +3 is right and Maddison is £40m +add ons then given the situation it isn’t terrible business given we are in the championship. 

Barnes (and Chilwell) are two players we should be proud that they have came through our academy.  

Not a patch of Julian Joachim but there you go….

• Like 3

The Saudis had to pay through the nose to buy golf.  A few billion up front and the willingness to burn unlimited billions until they turned the PGA tour into a minor league.

They are doing the same to buy football.  Absurd transfer deals and contracts to bend the market and bring the sport to its knees.  One can't even imagine the size of the over- and under-the-table payments being made to bring another winter World Cup there in the 2030s.

And their one bargain … is the guy they got off us.  :nono:

For about as much as the same owners "paid" themselves to get St-Maximin off Newcastle's books to make room for him.  :nono:

Edited by KingsX

I think he'll need to improve his overall consistency in Howe's team or be in and out.

Like all of us l dont know if he wanted away or not, but he seems happy to be there.

Personally l hope he does okay in a team that wins nothing and is relegated when we go up!

Unlikely in the extreme l know but due to their appalling moral free owners l detest this lot with a passion.

Good luck to Harvey.

No way a player with his numbers should stick around in the Championship.

Gutting as others have said, I forget that he’ll be 26 in December….why do we allow our academy players to miss so many early years?

I know that’s off topic but our “young” players that come through the academy always seem to be 2/3 years older than you assume.

57 minutes ago, Matt said:

This summer very cathartic indeed.

Really quite enjoying seeing these players gone.

Forget their talent, they don't wanna be here, i'm quite easy with that, just go. :wave: 

I agree, but I'm not sure the "not wanting to be here" rhetoric can be levelled at Barnes?

4 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Just affirms my resentment towards the football club. 

Why? Players come and go at all clubs. We should be expecting our academy prospects to be going for 15, 20, 30, 40 million.  The amount of flack Barnes got last season says to me he should have been looking for a move to further his career anyway. Rather this than run a contract down. The money and wages saving is much needed.

Loved watching the bloke. Will cheer him next time he's at the KP. Wish him good luck.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Think this would hurt much more if we weren’t in the championship. 

Totally disagree. If anything it's worse, it's a double whammy. If we were in the prem, you could stomach losing a player or two, and we would have a good chance of replacing him with a good player. We have little choice now in recruitment because all the best players will be snapped up by clubs in Europe or the prem.

30 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Those people are in for a shock this season if they think Barnes was a bad player for us

Exactly this. A homegrown player who got 13 goals in the prem from the wing. Easily the best we've had since Mahrez. God knows what we will end up with on the wing. 

Just now, winteriscoming said:

All the best to him. Hope Newcastle go down. I do find it worrying about or lack of attacking options both wide and centrally. 

I don't think we'll be the finished article until the end of the transfer window.

• Like 1