Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Barnes joins Newcastle

10 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Why? Players come and go at all clubs. We should be expecting our academy prospects to be going for 15, 20, 30, 40 million.  The amount of flack Barnes got last season says to me he should have been looking for a move to further his career anyway. Rather this than run a contract down. The money and wages saving is much needed.

Loved watching the bloke. Will cheer him next time he's at the KP. Wish him good luck.

Because we’re sat in the Championship having a fire sale of our best players to clubs that not even 18 months ago were considered to be inferior to us given what we’d achieved. I’m still pissed off at the club for being so negligent.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

Gutted to be honest about this, really gutted. He's a homegrown lad and a special talent, it's been a real plesaure watching him break into the first team and become an indispensible member of our squad and he's given us some great moments and wonderful goals. Good luck Harvey except the next time you play us and if it doesn't work out, you know where we are!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, J. James said:

I think he'll need to improve his overall consistency in Howe's team or be in and out.

Like all of us l dont know if he wanted away or not, but he seems happy to be there.

Personally l hope he does okay in a team that wins nothing and is relegated when we go up!

Unlikely in the extreme l know but due to their appalling moral free owners l detest this lot with a passion.

They have a much bigger better squad than we did. He will be rotated. Gordon, Isak, Murphy etc, he won't be a shoe in for every game like he was here. He's bound to look happy. What do you expect? Him to be almost in tears saying I never wanted to leave my beloved Leicester?? He's just got from the championship to a champions League club, got a pay rise, they've got a lot of English players and one of the best coaches in the game, so yeah I'd be fairly happy too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

All the best to him. Hope Newcastle go down. I do find it worrying about or lack of attacking options both wide and centrally. 

Down to spain for a champions league game, very likely lol.

They will never go down to the championship now that they are owned by the saudis.

Best to focus on getting promoted and then never being good enough to crack the top 7 again. Mid table mediocrity  lol

1 minute ago, Headcase said:

Knew he would go, but what are we going to do about width...its been a problem for years, and he was our only wide player now we have 0 natural wide players, left and right?  Hope we have some people lined up.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Because we’re sat in the Championship having a fire sale of our best players to clubs that not even 18 months ago were considered to be inferior to us given what we’d achieved. I’m still pissed off at the club for being so negligent.

Yes - it sucks. But you have to move forward. When walking out of the KP after the West Ham game we knew Madders, Barnes, Nacho (likely) and all those that ran their contracts down were off. What matters now is how we rebuild. 

This really shouldn't have come as a surprise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Yeah fair one, but i cant see him doing the job,  hes had his best days i think, and i cant see him playing the amount of games needed, he plays on the right and crosses well. But width and pace?? Im really not sure hes our guy.

7 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Down to spain for a champions league game, very likely lol.

They will never go down to the championship now that they are owned by the saudis.

Best to focus on getting promoted and then never being good enough to crack the top 7 again. Mid table mediocrity  lol

Never say never. 

2 hours ago, Bert said:

Think this would hurt much more if we weren’t in the championship. 

This. It's always a shame when one of 'your own' leaves, but it's understandable when you know they're too good for the league you're currently in, and the money would be very useful...  Shame it had to be Newcastle Saudi Investment Utd, but then, that's why they've got the ££££££££, right :P :-/ :(