Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Barnes joins Newcastle

Guest glasgowfox

I really liked Barnes.  Not sour grapes but always felt if the full back put 2 crunching tackles on him early doors then he went missing.  Wish him well though.

We always knew this would happen. I hope the change of scenery allows him to develop into the player he’s capable of being. I think he was far too comfortable here and had to many distractions. 

The club now need to invest wisely. 

2 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

Supposedly, he actually didn't want to leave. If true, then it's a similar scenario to the one last season with Kasper Schmeichel. Oh well, what could go wrong?

I think its a very different situation to Kasper as we've been relegated, and Barnes isn't a natural leader. 

Guest Mee-9

One of the best to come out of the academy in the recent years. 

Regardless of the inconsistency, he's been a proper player and has given us some great moments. 

1 hour ago, glasgowfox said:

I really liked Barnes.  Not sour grapes but always felt if the full back put 2 crunching tackles on him early doors then he went missing.  Wish him well though.

100%, said it myself on numerous occasions,  clatter him early doors as a full back and you have won the battle for the next 85 minutes. 

I’m gutted he’s gone. Had a little chuckle to myself though, on his Instagram he said it was the “toughest” decision of his life yet on their website it was “easy”. lol 

Quite obvious he didn’t want to leave. 

1 hour ago, Fazzer 7 said:

It was inevitable that he would leave, he's too good for the championship, however I still think the fee if it was 35 was a steel for Newcastle. A real pi$$er tbh.

Same as with Maddy the fees lower than it should be because we are on our backs in the EFL mainly due to the shit way this club has been run recently and still is ! Very worrying times !