Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Barnes joins Newcastle

12 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

This is the saddest I have felt about any player leaving. Shame on our indecisive and weak management for persisting with Rodgers on his sabotage mission when all the signs were there for so long.

I know the feeling. Other players who left were kind of expected but Barnes leaving is just down to our failure last season. Such a shame. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jono1604 said:

Same as with Maddy the fees lower than it should be because we are on our backs in the EFL mainly due to the shit way this club has been run recently and still is ! Very worrying times !

Just read elsewhere it's 38. Still a snip though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, glasgowfox said:

I really liked Barnes.  Not sour grapes but always felt if the full back put 2 crunching tackles on him early doors then he went missing.  Wish him well though.

I’ve just said similar to a friend who’s a Newcastle fan . 

• ‘It’s a massive opportunity to be involved in a successful team’

That was us once upon a time. Everyone will be looking at their match programme on opening day to check who is the guy with the number 1 shirt, 4 shirt, 5 shirt, 6 shirt, 7 shirt, 8 shirt, 9 shirt, 10 shirt and look there Vards, he did stay after all for the 5mn final year pay check.

6 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Inevitable but still sh1t to read.

Been a good servant, could often go missing in games, but stats were strong and gave us some important goals.

His screamer away at Sheffield Utd was a fond favourite of mind.

One of those who will be remembered and respected hopefully.

August bank holiday 2019, really enjoyed that day out then the miracle of headingley the next day. All in burning sunshine. Christ maybe the best weekend ever 

• Like 1

He could be massively frustrating at times, others he was more of a goal threat than Vardy. Couldn't give a shit about Tielemans, or the other frees, even Maddison was a bit of an anti-climax but Barnes will be a huge loss in the top half of the pitch.

McAteer, Marcal Mark-Viduka, Alves & the rest have big academy graduate boots to fill.

Guest glasgowfox
51 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I’ve just said similar to a friend who’s a Newcastle fan . 

I have unfriended all newcastle fans....rate themselves as top fans but fail to remember the abuse they used to give to their own players including chants of "your not fit to wear the shirt".  Yes we have all been their but they now think they are daddy big balls.  How they can get away with their owners to sell one of their own players to themselves at an over inflated price just to abuse a loophole in ffp to sign Harvey is a complete disgrace and close to or is corruption.  People may suggest I am biased and bitter, which is a load of bollocks.....because I totally am.  Nobody in the modern game will ever not buy success other than little old Leicester :scarf:

6 hours ago, evil jack said:

Everything is shit.

Thanks to Top:appl:

We really have been Rodgered with no vaseline and I'm humble enough to admit we deserve it.

You don't sleepwalk out of the most lucrative league in the world and keep your best players.

Back to square one with a  matchday squad that is barely decent for this level and that's if no one gets injured!

Oh Top,  what a mess you've enabled:appl:

3 hours ago, Arkie Bennett said:

This is the saddest I have felt about any player leaving. Shame on our indecisive and weak management for persisting with Rodgers on his sabotage mission when all the signs were there for so long.

1 hour ago, HybridFox said:

These farewell videos are becoming quite cringe. Conveniently glossing over the shambles from last season as well and their respective parts in it

Agree with both of these.

Maddison kind of felt inevitable regardless and as much as i loved him here, i felt like we could always go out and replace him with something similar stats wise.

Barnes is absolutely avoidable and one we could have built a team around. Not saying he would have stayed forever but certainly overseen the next couple of years as we repaired ourselves. To go down in such catastrophic circumstances and lose a local lad is an absolute kick in the gut. Worst feeling i've felt today since we went down.

And on the point of the videos and statements - they're so empty. Not only are they all made by their little teams so lack all authenticity, they dont address us how they should. No one has taken real accountability for last season and they're all still showing signs of that attitude that got us into that mess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glasgowfox said:

I have unfriended all newcastle fans....rate themselves as top fans but fail to remember the abuse they used to give to their own players including chants of "you’re not fit to wear the shirt".  Yes we have all been there but they now think they are daddy big balls.  How they can get away with their owners to sell one of their own players to themselves at an over inflated price just to abuse a loophole in ffp to sign Harvey is a complete disgrace and close to or is corruption.  People may suggest I am biased and bitter, which is a load of bollocks.....because I totally am.  Nobody in the modern game will ever not buy success other than little old Leicester :scarf:

All clubs will try to bend rules , I know it’s not to the same extent but Hirst went to  OHL for free then came to us so we didn’t have to pay Sheffield a fee  

5 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Meh. Extremely overrated player. Can't say I'm too fussed. Althougj he does have potential to be a beast and Howe is a good candidate to bring that out him let's see. 

Disagree with this - he’s had double figures for goals and assists and on his day unplayable. 

Big loss to us and all the best to him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

Thanks to Top:appl:

We really have been Rodgered with no vaseline and I'm humble enough to admit we deserve it.

You don't sleepwalk out of the most lucrative league in the world and keep your best players.

Back to square one with a  matchday squad that is barely decent for this level and that's if no one gets injured!

Oh Top,  what a mess you've enabled:appl:

Rodgered with no Vaseline made me laugh out loud. Very good.

You are absolutely right up until you get to the point about our squad. It's easily the best in this league. We don't have to worry about that. We will use the Barnes money to get wingers in and we will rock this joint.