Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Barnes joins Newcastle

9 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

Shame we didn't see this bloke last season 

Tbh we did he was are top scorer and had brilliant stats the attacking and goals scored last season was enough and has much has a mid table side it was the other way in defence the reason why we got relegated 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Rodgered with no Vaseline made me laugh out loud. Very good.

You are absolutely right up until you get to the point about our squad. It's easily the best in this league. We don't have to worry about that. We will use the Barnes money to get wingers in and we will rock this joint. 

Similar to how we were too good to get relegated.

We will just get bullied every game as our players are soft as shite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeamRocket said:

Honestly still find it sad that he's gone, it's such a shame..miss the days where players where loyal. Guess this just shows no really is loyal to a club

Its nothing to do with loyalty, the club wanted him gone for the transfer funds hence why hes not been risked all pre season. The club didnt want to sell Fofana so carried on playing him until he started being a bellend and missing training 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

As I said in the other thread, I'm gutted as I felt Harvey had the X Factor to get us out of the division. 

I wish him well

Him madds and Youri all had the x factor to get us out of the division last season.

Our ponderous style last season resulted in Barnes getting the ball less frequently than makes sense and he often received it from a standing start, with a fullback up his behind or a pass that was hard to control.  That may explain why he appeared at times to let the game pass him by and he didn't feel involved enough to contribute in defence.   He ended up top scorer nevertheless.

Playing in a team now that like to attack with momentum, with support, and under someone better than a god-awful manager, I expect him to thrive at Newcastle.

I think he might have been persuaded to stay had we not felt we needed the money.  I would like to think that Maresca would have ironed out some of Barnes' flaws and improved him, and enabled him to flourish in a playing system more suited to him.

In summary, he will be a big miss this season.  I don't point the finger so much at him as others for what happened last season, so I feel sadness rather than anger towards him, and wish him well with Newcastle.

12 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Our ponderous style last season resulted in Barnes getting the ball less frequently than makes sense and he often received it from a standing start, with a fullback up his behind or a pass that was hard to control.  

Spot on.

Barnes was great when the game opened up a bit, and he could run at a back-peddling defence.

But he wasn't at his best when everything was slow, and he received the ball from.a standing start, with all their defenders neatly in position.

5 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

He’s a creature of comfort and he is very, very close to his family. Being stuck up in the North East won’t suit him personally, the similarities to Matty Piper are very stark. If we can get back to the Prem, he’ll be back in 2 years. 

...it could just be the making of him!!!

I totally agree with what you are saying and could see it happening, but KDH went out on loan and came back a totally different person and Barnes may have to open up to other people and get a different perspective of life.

17 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

He’s a creature of comfort and he is very, very close to his family. Being stuck up in the North East won’t suit him personally, the similarities to Matty Piper are very stark. If we can get back to the Prem, he’ll be back in 2 years. 

I was certain he was going Villa for those very reasons. 

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I was certain he was going Villa for those very reasons. 

Indeed one of his family members stated the week after relegation that his transfer to Villa was ‘all but signed’. The family were chuffed about it as he would get to stay close to L’Boro where he only moved to in 2022.

• Like 1

Don't care about Maddison going, not bothered about Tielemans, but this hurts and the fee is about half price to my mind.

I think we will regret this one.  Barnes might well have been the difference in getting us promoted.

15 hours ago, TeamRocket said:

Honestly still find it sad that he's gone, it's such a shame..miss the days where players where loyal. Guess this just shows no really is loyal to a club

I think he wanted to stay from what I’ve been told. The club wanted to sell. 

14 hours ago, ConnFoxUS said:

Crazy that he’s already on the bench for Newcastle in Philadelphia! Howe said he’ll get some minutes tonight. And Youri is on the bench for Villa enjoying the match. 

He’ll have had a better pre season than the rest of the squad soon.