Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Best/ favourite thing any Leicester owners have ever done

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Rehiring Nigel Pearson.

Without the decision winning the top flight and FA Cup never happen. 

There's an argument to say the three best things any owner has done for our club are hiring, rehiring and firing Pearson.

Good shout-outs for Holmes too. And maybe Frank Gardner and his friends for starting the club up in the first place. Whoever rescued it in 1919 deserves a bit of love too.

On 23/07/2023 at 23:07, MPH said:

So I thought it was only fair to have a balance and for people to have the opportunity to explain  your favorite/ most important thing the owners have done. There’s going to be some obvious choices, I’m sure!

The donations and the time Vichai & family have given to the city outside the football club..

• Thanks 1

Writing off the debt in 2013/14 was a big one. 

As others have illuded to, bringing Nigel back was also a brilliant decision. Not only because he was exactly what we needed but it was a big shift from the style over substance appointments which were Sousa and Sven. They also had enough chances to sack Pearson in that time but held their nerve. The horrid run in 2012/13 and when we were bottom of the premier league for much of the 14/15 season spring to mind. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Writing off the debt in 2013/14 was a big one. 

As others have illuded to, bringing Nigel back was also a brilliant decision. Not only because he was exactly what we needed but it was a big shift from the style over substance appointments which were Sousa and Sven. They also had enough chances to sack Pearson in that time but held their nerve. The horrid run in 2012/13 and when we were bottom of the premier league for much of the 14/15 season spring to mind. 

But strangely enough we gave Rodgers the same backing...and high % of posters including myself were then with about the same amount of games saying get rid of Rodgers,with Pearson there was more patience, or seemed at the time. But many were also shouting also for Tops head this time,but not so much venom for Vichai's.

Top seen it work out with Pearson,why not for somebody with Rodgers past club achievements..

Makes one stop & think..dunnit!!

They've turned us into the biggest club in the East Midlands, and that's including the fact that Forest are in a higher division than us for the first time in 150 years because the best they're realistically going to achieve next season is making up the numbers again and scraping survival. 

Leicester fans since 2010 have seen two divisional titles, one of which is the greatest achievement in the history of English football, an FA Cup, a Community Shield, multiple European adventures and some of the best football ever played by Leicester City sides. It all went belly up last year, but the investment and foundations are there for us to bounce back far more quickly than ever before. That's all down to the owners, despite some utterly ridiculous decisions over the past 18 months.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bilo said:

They've turned us into the biggest club in the East Midlands, and that's including the fact that Forest are in a higher division than us for the first time in 150 years because the best they're realistically going to achieve next season is making up the numbers again and scraping survival. 

Leicester fans since 2010 have seen two divisional titles, one of which is the greatest achievement in the history of English football, an FA Cup, a Community Shield, multiple European adventures and some of the best football ever played by Leicester City sides. It all went belly up last year, but the investment and foundations are there for us to bounce back far more quickly than ever before. That's all down to the owners, despite some utterly ridiculous decisions over the past 18 months.

I'm sorry but like others have said  the owner that made investments and laid foundations is no longer with us , while the owner who made ridiculous decisions is . 

Just now, los dedos said:

I'm sorry but like others have said  the owner that made investments and laid foundations is no longer with us , while the owner who made ridiculous decisions is . 

The investment and foundations are still there, unless King Power have gone bankrupt and we've sold Seagrave while I've been out.

The appointment of Maresca, the summer transfer business so far and the continued commitment to the club all point to improvements over the horror show of the last two years.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

The investment and foundations are still there, unless King Power have gone bankrupt and we've sold Seagrave while I've been out.

The appointment of Maresca, the summer transfer business so far and the continued commitment to the club all point to improvements over the horror show of the last two years.

Come on, you know what I mean . Vichai was the owner now Top is ! Although I would imagine Top does have to work harder to get the King Power board to agree .

Just now, los dedos said:

Come on, you know what I mean . Vichai was the owner now Top is ! Although I would imagine Top does have to work harder to get the King Power board to agree .

Quite possibly, but how hands on actually was Vichai and is Top?

So far as I can see the missteps have centred around Rodgers; firstly, he was given too much free reign over recruitment and staffing which led to Dave Rennie leaving and our injury record going tits up and a horrific transfer window. Secondly, they were too slow to sack him when Stevie Wonder could see it wasn't working any more. 

Both are arguably understandable on paper - when Rodgers was given free reign over our transfer window, we'd come within a hair's breadth of CL football and won our first FA Cup. Both covered up some pretty poor football towards the end of the season, but only twelve months prior we'd been playing arguably the best football in the club's history. 

In terms of not sacking him, they may naively have thought it would come good if they were patient, just as it had with Pearson in 14-15. The problem was how long it took them to work out that it was never going to work and the lack of a contingency plan, meaning we took to the field against Bournemouth with two woefully underqualified stand-ins and lost the game as a result. Dean Smith would have won that game and we'd probably have stayed up.

Vichai made mistakes as well - look at Sven - and learned from them. Let's hope Top has the same capacity for growthm I'm cautiously optimistic with the appointment of Maresca and our transfer business. 

• Like 4

On 25/07/2023 at 15:14, Bilo said:

Not bad at all