Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcbluearmy

Port FC Wednesday?

I give up. Third time I’ve fell for it.

But ‘Well, to be fair there was a monsoon - we don't know how many tickets were sold - besides...’ 

So why did we play a ‘high profile game’ during monsoon season which would directly affect the ticket sales? 

Whilst at the same time, the broadcasting fee must have been so good that they were willing to give LCFC the chance to screen worldwide for free. Therefore undercutting a pay Tv broadcaster. 

Edited by CosbehFox

8 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

I give up. Third time I’ve fell for it.

But ‘Well, to be fair there was a monsoon - we don't know how many tickets were sold - besides...’ 

So why did we play a ‘high profile game’ during monsoon season which would directly affect the ticket sales? 

Whilst at the same time, the broadcasting fee must have been so good that they were willing to give LCFC the chance to screen worldwide for free. Therefore undercutting a pay Tv broadcaster. 

I'm not on a wind up, sorry if it seems that way, i'm just trying to point out that there's another way to look at things - that maybe the club DO know what they're doing - it just feels like a lot of people are just looking for any shade short of perfection and piling on.

As with everything this club does, we don't know why they have made the decisions they have - we simply don't know why the tournament was this date or what the broadcasting fee was - but not knowing behoves us as fans to try to remain open-minded and patient and to try to trust them - at bottom, they aren't going anywhere, so i'm just going to focus on the positives - which is that we look like we're going to have a decent chance to correct things this year, one cancelled pre-season game shouldn't make a significant difference to players at this level.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we are valued at £450m!!!

by who? Seems a bit steep for a championship side on the slide downwards! even still, cheaper than buying all the players in all the world I suppose! and still being Al -Shebab vs Al-Helal or whatever, honestly apart from people in those places who cares. 

They are obviously rich but not intelligent!

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

by who? Seems a bit steep for a championship side on the slide downwards! even still, cheaper than buying all the players in all the world I suppose! and still being Al -Shebab vs Al-Helal or whatever, honestly apart from people in those places who cares. 

They are obviously rich but not intelligent!

And having shifted loads of assets for free or reduced priced that we could've counted towards net worth, I'm struggling to believe that figure too.

5 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

I'm not on a wind up, sorry if it seems that way, i'm just trying to point out that there's another way to look at things - that maybe the club DO know what they're doing - it just feels like a lot of people are just looking for any shade short of perfection and piling on.

As with everything this club does, we don't know why they have made the decisions they have - we simply don't know why the tournament was this date or what the broadcasting fee was - but not knowing behoves us as fans to try to remain open-minded and patient and to try to trust them - at bottom, they aren't going anywhere, so i'm just going to focus on the positives - which is that we look like we're going to have a decent chance to correct things this year, one cancelled pre-season game shouldn't make a significant difference to players at this level.

Love your positivity your obviously being taken in by the Leicester City PR bandwagon you cant polish a turd!

1 hour ago, Lillehamring said:

No, just not obsessively trying to find fault to further some desperate agenda to discredit the club.  If that's what people want to do then God love em, because i love this sport, last year was miserable, but already, nothing to do with PR, i like Maresca, i like the signings, there's plenty of reason for optimism from a footballing perspective.

Last year was miserable but I am very excited for this coming season in the Championship .I think Maresca is an exciting choice after suffering through the "super star manager" & I like the direction the club is going in. We were fantastic at buying young unknowns and building a team and that is what we need to get back to

31 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Last year was miserable but I am very excited for this coming season in the Championship .I think Maresca is an exciting choice after suffering through the "super star manager" & I like the direction the club is going in. We were fantastic at buying young unknowns and building a team and that is what we need to get back to

Absolutely.  No pre-season or transfer window will ever be close to perfect, but to sit and pick holes in everything that happens is just imbecilic - I know people have criticized the board for the so-called investigation into what went wrong - but clearly something has changed, clearly we've, as you say, gone back to the routine that gave us success, that blend of scouting enthusiastic experience and unknown youth.  My biggest fear was Maresca needing too long to get his tactics across but we've seen everyone seems to be on the same page.  This friendly should be ideal, because they'll probably just sit deep and defend as many of our EFL opponents will do.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

Why is it a surprise to you that people are scrutinising decisions? Not sure if you remember, but we were relegated last season, and it wasn't because the teams around us went on 10-game winning streaks towards the end of the season, it's because those who have the power to make the big decisions did fvck all to arrest the decline before it was too late.  

This isn't about the minutes played (although one game in three weeks before the start of a long Championship season under a new manager with completely fresh ideas doesn't strike me as ideal), it's about the club deciding to go ahead and parade the team around Thailand like we're actually still relevant on the international scene. Despite the fact we play Cov what, 5/6 days after they land? Once again, it reeks of complacency that seems rife at the club, if The Athletic article with Stowell is anything to go by. We aren't just a run of the mill Prem team any more, we'll be the team to beat this season, which is why there's a lot of anxiety amongst the fanbase around getting things right at the moment. 

There's no meltdown on my part, I really hope we get away with the seemingly poor preparation and kick into gear quickly, but I am irritated we haven't set ourselves up for success whatsoever this year, which is a familiar theme with the club recently.

When did I say it was a suprise ? It's not a suprise people are annoyed with the club, I am too. But does every single thread turns into the same thing at the minute. It's boring. 

Other that missing one match we have done nothing different to a usual pre season. You say see from players Instagrams that the training has been tough in difficult conditions. 

Pre season is about fitness, which was well off last season and shape. All of this can be done on the training pitch. 

You really think playing Cov 5/6 days after landing home is going to be an issue? With what Jetlag ? Adjusting back to the timezone? It really won't be an issue. I would expect them to be training back in England Tuesday/ Wednesday. 

Out of interest what would you do in pre season to get us in better shape ? Intrigued to know your thoughts. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

When did I say it was a suprise ? It's not a suprise people are annoyed with the club, I am too. But does every single thread turns into the same thing at the minute. It's boring. 

Other that missing one match we have done nothing different to a usual pre season. You say see from players Instagrams that the training has been tough in difficult conditions. 

Pre season is about fitness, which was well off last season and shape. All of this can be done on the training pitch. 

You really think playing Cov 5/6 days after landing home is going to be an issue? With what Jetlag ? Adjusting back to the timezone? It really won't be an issue. I would expect them to be training back in England Tuesday/ Wednesday. 

Out of interest what would you do in pre season to get us in better shape ? Intrigued to know your thoughts. 

Cancel the trip to Thailand,  arrange friendlies with teams of a similar quality to what we will actually be faced with to give a true understanding of where we are at - given the fact we have a squad and tactics overhaul. 

As a bonus, I'd probably look at arranging at least one friendly match at the King Power so that those who actually invest their time, money & interest into the club can see the team, rather than parade the team to my family abroad like some evil circus master would do with his pet monkeys.

Pretty simple and obvious things for everyone but Top and rest of his incompetent advisors. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Cancel the trip to Thailand,  arrange friendlies with teams of a similar quality to what we will actually be faced with to give a true understanding of where we are at - given the fact we have a squad and tactics overhaul. 

As a bonus, I'd probably look at arranging at least one friendly match at the King Power so that those who actually invest their time, money & interest into the club can see the team, rather than parade the team to my family abroad like some evil circus master would do with his pet monkeys.

Pretty simple and obvious things for everyone but Top and rest of his incompetent advisors. 

So when you say similar standard you mean from the championship? (Rarely done) or do you mean the likes of Peterborough and Northampton? 

I agree about a friendly at the KP but think you're being a bit ott on the whole parading thing. The did about half a day of promo and the rest has been done by legends of the club. The players have been doing double sessions in a high humidity high temperature environment. For fitness (which was desperately needed) you don't get much tougher conditions. 

Personal opinion other that the lack of game at the KP I can't see an issue with this pre season. 

• Like 1