Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcbluearmy

Port FC Wednesday?

53 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Other than Winks and Marcal-Madivadua seems he used the game as an opportunity to get minutes into the legs of the lads he hasn’t seen play as much.

Noticeable that Stolarczyk came on to replace Hermansen instead of Iversen, I think he will be the No.2 this year if we manage to sell Ward and Iversen.

Interesting that Soumare was back in too, I wonder if a move fell through for him or he just picked up a knock? 

Trying to figure what the formation was on the basis we stick to what we’ve done throughout I would imagine the team looked like this:

4-3-3

GK- Hermansen 

RB - Hamza

CB - Vesty

CB - Nelson

LB - Kristensen

CDM - Winks

CM - Ndidi

CM - Soumare

RW - Marcal-Madivadua

LW - Thomas

St - Kel

"blah blah blah minutes under players' belts" whatever but jesus it's no surprise it was only 1-0. The grey crested newts at Seagreave are more creative than that rabble

37 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Always nice to see the mouth breathers out themselves in pre-season. 

The season we won the Premier League, we failed to beat Mansfield and only beat Rotherham, Burton Albion and Birmingham by a single goal in pre-season.

They.

Are.

Training.

Exercises.

And had to come from behind to beat then non-league Lincoln.

1 hour ago, Jabfox said:

Cant help but think its such a shame Sammy Braybrooke and Will Alves have those awful injuries. I have little doubt they'd of featured quite a bit this pre season and seem the sort of players Enzo would like. 

100%.

Worse still, it will take them time to learn the system, so it won't be as straightforward as just throwing them in. Perhaps though Maresca or his coaches will get involved with the U21 team and get them playing the same way? Braybrooke I can see coming on for Winks when games are already won, Alves could be either an attacking midfielder or a winger. Because of his dribbling, I think he'll be tried out wide first.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

100%.

Worse still, it will take them time to learn the system, so it won't be as straightforward as just throwing them in. Perhaps though Maresca or his coaches will get involved with the U21 team and get them playing the same way? Braybrooke I can see coming on for Winks when games are already won, Alves could be either an attacking midfielder or a winger. Because of his dribbling, I thunk he'll be tried out wide first.

Yes I think you are right and those are good points, I hope the youth teams are going to adopt the same style of play as the first team as well so if players are in contention the transition is relatively similar. Be interesting to see how it unfolds when are back in contention. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

He’s basically turned Ndidi into peak Yaya Toure with those forward attacking runs into the box 

It’s a crime that no manager has thought to do that with Ndidi, no wonder he’s stalled. Managers took for granted his breaking up ability while completely neglecting the rest of his skill set. If Maresca can turn him into a player who can get 5-10 goals across the season then it’ll be a great piece of work. 

It’s just another training game in reality isn’t it. 

Loads of these happen, you don’t normally hear about them. I wonder if this was always in the works and we just moved to pacify the king power employees (sorry customer … sorry fans), after the joke of a fixture the other day.