Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcbluearmy

Port FC Wednesday?

10 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

I just don't know what to make of it. I'm finding it almost impossible to gauge any progress and as for whether we'll be in the promotion mix come May next year, its anyones guess.

It's super difficult to take much from the pre-season scores !!  Coaches are always chopping & changing and looking at different things. Personally I think we will be front and centre in the promotion mix but truthfully we don't know what the team will look like once the window closes.

32 minutes ago, Lionator said:

It’s a crime that no manager has thought to do that with Ndidi, no wonder he’s stalled. Managers took for granted his breaking up ability while completely neglecting the rest of his skill set. If Maresca can turn him into a player who can get 5-10 goals across the season then it’ll be a great piece of work. 

I do believe this place went nuts when 'he who shouldn't be mentioned' tried to move him away from a 1 dimensional holding midfield player last season :dunno:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

I do believe this place went nuts when 'he who shouldn't be mentioned' tried to move him away from a 1 dimensional holding midfield player last season :dunno:

This place goes nuts on a regular basis !!

It don't take much to set off the inmates !!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Tried to make him a deep lying play maker lol 

Thankfully Enzo isn't an idiot and realised there's only one place Ndidi fits into the system and it's not receiving the ball from the defence under pressure.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

IMO this is another stupid reason to play in Asia / the States in summer. The humidity kills any chance of being able to implement true high-pressing football.

Found this to be an interesting stat too.

A testament to the absence of recruitment I guess on Wanya playing that much.

If we were over there for 3 months and their bodies were adapting to it, I could understand. Can't imagine the bodies are going to be adapting a great deal within a week or two though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s always invigorating to see a youngster come into first team reckoning, I hope Wanya takes his chance

I was really expecting Maswanhise to get himself on the periphery this summer.

Can't say I've ever seen much or even anything of Wanya, really hard to tell atm because he's played against 2 teams that are likely non league level. If he's one of the top performers though then that bodes well.

Will definitely be backing him if Enzo rates him and he's in on merit though.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Not really we just have no other wingers. 

Neither is Marcal-Madivadua, he often played as a central midfielder for the development team. There are other players from the development squad that have played out wide on far more occasions than he has. Maresca clearly sees something.

Edited by StriderHiryu

1 hour ago, Fazzer 7 said:

I just don't know what to make of it. I'm finding it almost impossible to gauge any progress and as for whether we'll be in the promotion mix come May next year, its anyones guess.

Same as every preseason then. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, filbertway said:

A testament to the absence of recruitment I guess on Wanya playing that much.

If we were over there for 3 months and their bodies were adapting to it, I could understand. Can't imagine the bodies are going to be adapting a great deal within a week or two though.

I’ve also wondered how much proper coaching Enzo gets to do with shape and pressing considering factors of humidity and heat. Looks like we are doing double sessions but with quite a gap in the middle to accommodate that. 

2 minutes ago, lcfc-fan1126 said:

Is it true that luke thomas played right wing, and does anyone know how well it went?

Seems an odd experiment

Every chance he did judging from Owynn’s Twitter thread, appears Enzo wanted to get some playing time for those behind the rest 

5 hours ago, Levi Port said:

He gave us the line up and some info regarding the game for absolutely nothing at all in return and gets criticised. I know it’s his job but still. 

I find it baffling that people take this attitude after what’s just happened. 

Part of our problem was that the media propaganda that pandered to the club, and allowed the club to sit in cuckoo land and ignore the realities. 

I won’t apologize for wanting my reporters to be real about situations. 

Rob Tanner was just about the only person willing to call a spade a spade 

Edited by Lambert09

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

IMO this is another stupid reason to play in Asia / the States in summer. The humidity kills any chance of being able to implement true high-pressing football.

Found this to be an interesting stat too.

Playing humidity is ideal for fitness…. It will benefit the lads more than anything. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Did you see the Ambulance in the the background…Half the stadium plus 2 food trolly boys,Vardy collapsed after seeing Ndidi

running into that open space to score…in fact Ndidi also fainted, after finding himself bursting from midfield and suffering high blood pressure,while playing so high up the pitch…

His Ndidi going to be the new boy on the block, rekindle his Leicester career saving the club £10-18 mil…

28 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I find it baffling that people take this attitude after what’s just happened. 

Part of our problem was that the media propaganda that pandered to the club, and allowed the club to sit in cuckoo land and ignore the realities. 

I won’t apologize for wanting my reporters to be real about situations. 

Rob Tanner was just about the only person willing to call a spade a spade 

Owen works for the BBC and gets a lot of access given to him via to club, it’s the way the world works. If he starts calling them out, he’ll get the boot like Ian Stringer. He’s a young man who's recently got the big gig covering his local club, he’s not sticking the boot in now. 

I do understand your point completely  mate and he does give managers an easy ride in a press conferences but he’s not the issue. 

Edited by Levi Port

1 minute ago, Levi Port said:

Owen works for the BBC and gets a lot of access given to him via to club, it’s the way the world works. If he starts calling them out, he’ll get the boot like Ian Stringer. He’s a young man who's recently got the big gig covering his local club, he’s not sticking the boot in now. 

I do understand your point completely  mate and he does given managers an easy ride in a press conference but he’s not the issue. 

it’s the nature of it, but it’s not helpful at all imo.

We laugh at things like Arsenal TV but at least that gets honest thoughts a platform… maybe @BSLBPod and @Ric Flair will become our voices of reason on the ground 

• Like 2