Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcbluearmy

Port FC Wednesday?

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

it’s the nature of it, but it’s not helpful at all imo.

We laugh at things like Arsenal TV but at least that gets honest thoughts a platform… maybe @BSLBPod and @Ric Flair will become our voices of reason on the ground 

Arsenal TV? Honest reaction? Come on mate. That was an absolute joke, constant knee jerk reactions from a load of entitled idiots. The reasons people watched it wasn’t for it’s hard hitting journalism. It was for the embarrassing meltdowns. Nothing real about it 

Having said that there is definitely a place for honest insight and analysis. And the Beeb isn’t really that. Owynn will have to toe the party line, but that’s his job. Having met Owynn a few times and had some good chats with him, he’s a thoroughly decent fella, I just treat it as a different type of insight to the club

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Playing humidity is ideal for fitness…. It will benefit the lads more than anything. 

Really? I'd of thought if you're not used to it, it'd make you ill. 

I found Bangkok to be the most unpleasant climate for anywhere I've been, I've no idea how they play football in it.

10 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Other than Winks and Marcal-Madivadua seems he used the game as an opportunity to get minutes into the legs of the lads he hasn’t seen play as much.

Noticeable that Stolarczyk came on to replace Hermansen instead of Iversen, I think he will be the No.2 this year if we manage to sell Ward and Iversen.

Interesting that Soumare was back in too, I wonder if a move fell through for him or he just picked up a knock? 

Trying to figure what the formation was on the basis we stick to what we’ve done throughout I would imagine the team looked like this:

4-3-3

GK- Hermansen 

RB - Hamza

CB - Vesty

CB - Nelson

LB - Kristensen

CDM - Winks

CM - Ndidi

CM - Soumare

RW - Marcal-Madivadua

LW - Thomas

St - Kel

Makes sense to give hermansen time playing with Winks (oo-er!).  Hamza in the ricardo role isn't so different from playing the winks (as he did previously) role when we're attacking..

8 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

100%.

Worse still, it will take them time to learn the system, so it won't be as straightforward as just throwing them in. Perhaps though Maresca or his coaches will get involved with the U21 team and get them playing the same way? Braybrooke I can see coming on for Winks when games are already won, Alves could be either an attacking midfielder or a winger. Because of his dribbling, I think he'll be tried out wide first.

I think we have to believe that Maresca will have the academy playing the same system, why on earth would they not.

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

IMO this is another stupid reason to play in Asia / the States in summer. The humidity kills any chance of being able to implement true high-pressing football.

Bit they're not there all summer.  I think it's accepted that training at extremes is most beneficial after making the adjustment back to normal

16 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Really? I'd of thought if you're not used to it, it'd make you ill. 

I found Bangkok to be the most unpleasant climate for anywhere I've been, I've no idea how they play football in it.

...I think training at altitude is what is the beneficial part, not the training in humidity!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I think training at altitude is what is the beneficial part, not the training in humidity!!!

Both humidity and altitude stress your body to increase your performance ultimately. They are not the same. but can both have positive effects.

I've read that the body adapts to humidity and heat more quickly than altitude.

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Both humidity and altitude stress your body to increase your performance ultimately. They are not the same. but can both have positive effects.

I've read that the body adapts to humidity and heat more quickly than altitude.

With the humidity it would be just so difficult to get enough fluids to keep rehydrated, and therefore difficult to get enough cardio work in as your in danger of making yourself ill. Does Brazil have high humidity? I wondered if this is a reason why Thais dont really play football.

I'm only surmising of course, when I was in Bangkok you stepped outside of an AC hotel and you were drenched in sweat in no time, Chang Mai cooler though, I'm surprised they didn't go north 

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Heat/humidity are both beneficial for training for up to a month afterwards. Dehydration is the main issue but as long as the staff manage it sensibly, it shouldn't be a problem.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, splinterdream said:

With the humidity it would be just so difficult to get enough fluids to keep rehydrated, and therefore difficult to get enough cardio work in as your in danger of making yourself ill. Does Brazil have high humidity? I wondered if this is a reason why Thais dont really play football.

I'm only surmising of course, when I was in Bangkok you stepped outside of an AC hotel and you were drenched in sweat in no time, Chang Mai cooler though, I'm surprised they didn't go north 

they play more football than we do here. 

I played most days after work for 3 hours when i was there… the locals never missed a day.  you’d just head to the park. 

You honestly get used to it. 

surprised their wives allowed it mind 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3