Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcbluearmy

Port FC Wednesday?

9 minutes ago, sharpylcfc said:

Hopefully the club learns it's lesson and doesn't do an overseas tour again and just sticks to the UK in future for pre season. To think we've had 3 pre season games is a joke.

so will end up with 4 /5 then ? Which is about the same as we have played for the past 10 years or so ? 

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Honestly the actions of the owners is getting close to borderline farce. The day we are sold to competent owners the better.

You’ll get slaughtered for suggesting such things. 

We are fast becoming a vanity project and for the Thai government (for now). :ph34r: 

39 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

So after all the shenanigans yesterday they've decided to have a 5-a-side kick about down Goals :ph34r:

Looking at that picture, that’s not far from the truth. 

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

All I'm saying is that I'm clinging onto the idea of what happened the last time we had a disastrous trip to Thailand lol

In the (slightly altered) words of @Babylon... i'd rather another tongue punch to the fart box video than this shambles....

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

so will end up with 4 /5 then ? Which is about the same as we have played for the past 10 years or so ? 

Pre season is about getting minutes in the legs and match fit for the current season which 3 games isn't enough. All because the club thinks we have some fan base or following in Thailand which we don't because if we did the game against Spurs if it went ahead would of been sold out? It wasn't. The following for Leicester in Thailand isn't as big as the club thinks it is. Now if the club was successful and was at the level or got to the level of Man City etc I could to an extent understand a tour of Thailand cause the following would be there. At present it isn't so I think it would of been more sensible to of stayed in the UK and had games over here to get match fit for an upcoming season which is gonna be a huge season because we're gonna want to get straight back to the Premier League. 

Edited by sharpylcfc

9 minutes ago, sharpylcfc said:

Pre season is about getting minutes in the legs and match fit for the current season which 3 games isn't enough. All because the club thinks we have some fan base or following in Thailand which we don't because if we did the game against Spurs if it went ahead would of been sold out? It wasn't. The following for Leicester in Thailand isn't as big as the club thinks it is. Now if the club was successful and was at the level or got to the level of Man City etc I could to an extent understand a tour of Thailand cause the following would be there. At present it isn't so I think it would of been more sensible to of stayed in the UK and had games over here to get match fit for an upcoming season which is gonna be a huge season because we're gonna want to get straight back to the Premier League. 

yeah 3 games isn't enough, 4 or 5 is. Other than the flights (which aren't that bad especially coming home) nothing is different to staying here. The only thing we have done differently is try and promote brand LCFC in Thailand. 

For some it hasn't work and is a waste of time / money for the club who knows? it could have worked it might not of we will probably never know. 

Not sure the club could have predicted ticket sales 12/18 months ago when this was planned in if we were playing Man City / Man Utd rather than Spurs i imagine the ticket sales would have been a bit better? No idea. 

Lets hope we don't go up then and then contractile obliged to play in the Premier League Summer Series that is currently happening in America. 

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

yeah 3 games isn't enough, 4 or 5 is. Other than the flights (which aren't that bad especially coming home) nothing is different to staying here. The only thing we have done differently is try and promote brand LCFC in Thailand. 

For some it hasn't work and is a waste of time / money for the club who knows? it could have worked it might not of we will probably never know. 

Not sure the club could have predicted ticket sales 12/18 months ago when this was planned in if we were playing Man City / Man Utd rather than Spurs i imagine the ticket sales would have been a bit better? No idea. 

Lets hope we don't go up then and then contractile obliged to play in the Premier League Summer Series that is currently happening in America. 

If we go up and have to play in the States the weather in the summer is usually good and it's the Premier League so the games would decent sized attendances anyway. I mean who really thinks it's a good idea to go to Thailand in the middle of monsoon season? 

6 minutes ago, sharpylcfc said:

If we go up and have to play in the States the weather in the summer is usually good and it's the Premier League so the games would decent sized attendances anyway. I mean who really thinks it's a good idea to go to Thailand in the middle of monsoon season? 

Spurs and Leicester and to be fair to them it isnt the middle of Monsoon season it is actually rare for them to have as much rain as they had recently so early in the year. Maybe they are having freak weather like a lot of the world currently is? 

You do realise that is about 40 degrees in Atlanta currently where some of the premier league games are being played? Wouldnt that be too hot?? 

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Spurs and Leicester and to be fair to them it isnt the middle of Monsoon season it is actually rare for them to have as much rain as they had recently so early in the year. Maybe they are having freak weather like a lot of the world currently is? 

You do realise that is about 40 degrees in Atlanta currently where some of the premier league games are being played? Wouldnt that be too hot?? 

Going to America at this time of year you know what weather to expect so you're prepared and they'd have drink breaks like over here when it's hot. I just think with how huge the coming season is we'd of been better off preparing in the UK cause even if the weather is bad our pitches can handle it so there would be no need to cancel fixtures. We'd be able to get the players towards match fitness. That's what pre season is all about match fitness and we aren't getting that if matches are being cancelled.

This is a dangerous call imo.  Bad pitch positions and low standard opposition.. I can see us taking a few tackles that youd get from sides like san marino coming in. 

This will be a big moment for this team I dont think it will be that friendly. They will want to show what they can do.  

14 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

This is a dangerous call imo.  Bad pitch positions and low standard opposition.. I can see us taking a few tackles that youd get from sides like san marino coming in. 

This will be a big moment for this team I dont think it will be that friendly. They will want to show what they can do.  

"Port FC are proud to announce the signing of Fer Nino"

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Are you introducing logic to a FT topic ???

Well Played Sir !!

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Hearing we're thinking of a back up back up against a Spongebob select XI, in a pineaple under the sea of course, so will require scuba gear. Great fitness test to be fair. 

Finally the waterpolo spa and hotel complex at Seagrave has found its calling.

1 hour ago, sharpylcfc said:

Going to America at this time of year you know what weather to expect so you're prepared and they'd have drink breaks like over here when it's hot. I just think with how huge the coming season is we'd of been better off preparing in the UK cause even if the weather is bad our pitches can handle it so there would be no need to cancel fixtures. We'd be able to get the players towards match fitness. That's what pre season is all about match fitness and we aren't getting that if matches are being cancelled.

I don't think anyone, anywhere is going to disagree with this. I would rather we weren't out there but i'm pretty sure (not ITK) that this is something that would have been planned and agreed to a while ago, and its not always possible to get out of agreements. Hopefully everyone there is being professional enough to make the best out of a not great situation.

• Like 3