Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcbluearmy

Port FC Wednesday?

Just now, lgfualol said:

Cant they just set up a couple of cameras so we can watch as well? Even a bloke livestreaming with an iphone would suffice.

lol. Then queue the 'its buffering ffs' posts!

Edited by Chelmofox

12 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I don't think anyone, anywhere is going to disagree with this. I would rather we weren't out there but i'm pretty sure (not ITK) that this is something that would have been planned and agreed to a while ago, and its not always possible to get out of agreements. Hopefully everyone there is being professional enough to make the best out of a not great situation.

Completely understand what you're saying but you'd imagine we could of had a break clause into it, similar to the FBS thing. Cause obviously the club thought relegation was a possibility otherwise surely they wouldn't of agreed to the break clause in the contract with FBS? Which then makes me wonder why didn't do the same with this tour?

8 hours ago, Stadt said:

Good contingency planning would be playing another decent standard team touring in SEA, I'm not sure if Port FC are going to put us through our paces in a way Spurs might have.

No idea about their quality, but as an unknown entity they'll be a different prospect. Also, we're more likely to play a team weaker than us that sits deep this season than the likely 90 minutes of backtracking we'd have seen against Spurs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Spurs and Leicester and to be fair to them it isnt the middle of Monsoon season it is actually rare for them to have as much rain as they had recently so early in the year. Maybe they are having freak weather like a lot of the world currently is? 

You do realise that is about 40 degrees in Atlanta currently where some of the premier league games are being played? Wouldnt that be too hot?? 

Not forgetting that games have been called off across the UK this weekend due to the adverse weather....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sharpylcfc said:

Going to America at this time of year you know what weather to expect so you're prepared and they'd have drink breaks like over here when it's hot. I just think with how huge the coming season is we'd of been better off preparing in the UK cause even if the weather is bad our pitches can handle it so there would be no need to cancel fixtures. We'd be able to get the players towards match fitness. That's what pre season is all about match fitness and we aren't getting that if matches are being cancelled.

America has vast differences in it's weather - it's over 100 degrees in the midwest right now and hurricane season runs from june to november - so, as with anywhere, there's no guarantees.

1 hour ago, sharpylcfc said:

Completely understand what you're saying but you'd imagine we could of had a break clause into it, similar to the FBS thing. Cause obviously the club thought relegation was a possibility otherwise surely they wouldn't of agreed to the break clause in the contract with FBS? Which then makes me wonder why didn't do the same with this tour?

Trouble is, apart from all the business/media commitments, there's also two other clubs, big 6 clubs, involved - so i suspect just pulling out was neither straightforward or even an option.  At the end of the day, if it hadn't rained, it'd probably have been a good fixture for us.  It's a tough break, and i'm sure everyone involved is mighty pissed off - but, unlike, those on FT that are crying and sulking over it, the club have just got on with it and arranged an alternative game at very short notice - so really, there's almost nothing to be getting worked up about - sure, it's not ideal, but equally it's not a big deal.... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Matt said:

The powers that be still have their heads in the sand and/or in denial.

I guess it's because we'll play with them vs a PL side if we manage to have a match on this tour, but even so lol 

45 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Trouble is, apart from all the business/media commitments, there's also two other clubs, big 6 clubs, involved - so i suspect just pulling out was neither straightforward or even an option.  At the end of the day, if it hadn't rained, it'd probably have been a good fixture for us.  It's a tough break, and i'm sure everyone involved is mighty pissed off - but, unlike, those on FT that are crying and sulking over it, the club have just got on with it and arranged an alternative game at very short notice - so really, there's almost nothing to be getting worked up about - sure, it's not ideal, but equally it's not a big deal.... 

Spurs ironically have probably lost a lot of money. 

Roma pulled out of their friendly with them after their planned games in Korea were called off. Quite a large club they're willing to pull the plug I notice because they felt travelling across the world for a single game wasn't enough for them. 

So Spurs' Tour consists of going out to Australia to play West Ham and then kicked their heels for nearly two weeks to play a Singaporean side. 

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Spurs ironically have probably lost a lot of money. 

Roma pulled out of their friendly with them after their planned games in Korea were called off. Quite a large club they're willing to pull the plug I notice because they felt travelling across the world for a single game wasn't enough for them. 

So Spurs' Tour consists of going out to Australia to play West Ham and then kicked their heels for nearly two weeks to play a Singaporean side. 

I suppose, from the clubs perspective, going out here was a calculated risk - two relatively high profile games (the spurs game was scheduled for broadcast here in Norway) and some PR for the club in asia.  If people never did anything because there was a risk, especially such an unpredictable risk as bad weather, nothing would ever get done.

The club must have weighed up the cost/gains of taking/not taking this trip and with the sponsorship, ticket sales and broadcasting must have felt it made sense and saw no reason to pull out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Is this thread for real? Best laugh I’ve had in a while 🤣 wtf are we doing 

Cancelling a game due to dangerous conditions, hastily scheduling an alternative game to make the best of the situation, whilst getting some warm weather training?  :dunno:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lillehamring said:

I suppose, from the clubs perspective, going out here was a calculated risk - two relatively high profile games (the spurs game was scheduled for broadcast here in Norway) and some PR for the club in asia.  If people never did anything because there was a risk, especially such an unpredictable risk as bad weather, nothing would ever get done.

The club must have weighed up the cost/gains of taking/not taking this trip and with the sponsorship, ticket sales and broadcasting must have felt it made sense and saw no reason to pull out.

Were they high profile? The crowd awaiting the game didn’t look particularly big on Sunday, 

Over here, the inner sanctums of the club have repeatedly shown little understanding of what football fans want. So I misplacing of that in Asia isnt a surprise, 

We will be paid a significant sum by a promoter. But in terms of actual preparation, we’ve screwed up our time zones etc, abandoned Enzo the ability to do real quality training sessions to play a team the quality of Alfreton Town and be the side piece for Liverpool. 

Receive a bit of revenue here to gamble the biggest revenue prize of them all, promotion 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Were they high profile? The crowd awaiting the game didn’t look particularly big on Sunday, 

Compared to northampton and peterborough and last year we played hull, derby, PNE & notts county, i'd say spurs and liverpool are high profile, certainly i would gather most tv regions would pay to broadcast their preseason games, which we'd receive a cut from. So, yes, definitely high profile.

Over here, the inner sanctums of the club have repeatedly shown little understanding of what football fans want. So I misplacing of that in Asia isnt a surprise, 

Well, they were smart enough to chose Maresca over Parker or Smith - even before a ball has been kicked the mood of the fans has shot up, and even turned some anti-board-fans into pro-board-fans.  They can't please all the fans all the time - it doesn't seem that extraordinary for a thai owned team to take the club to asia; add in the fact that they've already had a good experience with the academy in Hong Kong - is a tour to asia really 'misplaced'?

We will be paid a significant sum by a promoter. But in terms of actual preparation, we’ve screwed up our time zones etc, abandoned Enzo the ability to do real quality training sessions to play a team the quality of Alfreton Town and be the side piece for Liverpool. 

Receive a bit of revenue here to gamble the biggest revenue prize of them all, promotion 

I'm sure this was all booked well before relegation, well before enzo - they are losing a game against spurs (which is hardly good preparation for most of the EFL bus parking we'll see) but still picking up a friendly against a side that will offer something - who knows what - but it's probably no worse than alfreton (also, matches at lower league clubs in the uk have also been called off), and from what they've shown today they've had some perfectly decent training sessions ( arguably tougher sessions due to the heat) - so i don't really see that that much has been sacrificed.

And i'm sorry, but to suggest that this pre-season could jeopardize promotion is just sensationalist paranoia.  What do you actually think the impact of this tour is? - players dying?  jesus, so they lose a day to jet lag, big deal - there're probably as many reasons why it will be beneficial (not least as a team bonding exercise) than that it will be detrimental.  Have you seen the video of KDH and Winks' budding bromance in the ice baths?  Surely this is much more important to see, harmony and enjoyment, that the tension has been lifted, that our two key playmakers are becoming mates?  Look, i know things seemed shit a month ago, but why waste so much negative energy impossibly trying to prove the club are incompetent and try to see what is happening, that we are moving forward again, depsite the odd (inevitable) hiccup - life's too short.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Compared to northampton and peterborough and last year we played hull, derby, PNE & notts county, i'd say spurs and liverpool are high profile, certainly i would gather most tv regions would pay to broadcast their preseason games, which we'd receive a cut from. So, yes, definitely high profile.

Well, they were smart enough to chose Maresca over Parker or Smith - even before a ball has been kicked the mood of the fans has shot up, and even turned some anti-board-fans into pro-board-fans.  They can't please all the fans all the time - it doesn't seem that extraordinary for a thai owned team to take the club to asia; add in the fact that they've already had a good experience with the academy in Hong Kong - is a tour to asia really 'misplaced'?

I'm sure this was all booked well before relegation, well before enzo - they are losing a game against spurs (which is hardly good preparation for most of the EFL bus parking we'll see) but still picking up a friendly against a side that will offer something - who knows what - but it's probably no worse than alfreton (also, matches at lower league clubs in the uk have also been called off), and from what they've shown today they've had some perfectly decent training sessions ( arguably tougher sessions due to the heat) - so i don't really see that that much has been sacrificed.

And i'm sorry, but to suggest that this pre-season could jeopardize promotion is just sensationalist paranoia.  What do you actually think the impact of this tour is? - players dying?  jesus, so they lose a day to jet lag, big deal - there're probably as many reasons why it will be beneficial (not least as a team bonding exercise) than that it will be detrimental.  Have you seen the video of KDH and Winks' budding bromance in the ice baths?  Surely this is much more important to see, harmony and enjoyment, that the tension has been lifted, that our two key playmakers are becoming mates?  Look, i know things seemed shit a month ago, but why waste so much negative energy impossibly trying to prove the club are incompetent and try to see what is happening, that we are moving forward again, depsite the odd (inevitable) hiccup - life's too short.

There was a bigger crowd at Northampton of Leicester fans than they were sold tickets for the Spurs friendly in our end judging from them supposed 5k maximum of this fixture at its original venue. High profile really? 

How much we saying then for the broadcasting fee? Because you’d be lucky if pays one of players wages for a week. If it didn’t go straight to the promoter who was happy to hire a stadium and charge nearly £50 a ticket. 

The choice of Enzo over two others is an unknown decision if good or bad. I’d hardly use the boards footballing decisions has some beacon of their capabilities given their performance over the last eighteen months. 

A tour to Asia is misplaced when it takes place in the monsoon season. A tour to Asia is misplaced when our previous Hong Kong pretty much faced constant complaint of the humidity levels. A tour to Asia is misplaced when the local population are largely concerned with the Premier League and in particular the largest clubs within it. 

We are now playing training sessions on poorer facilities than we have at Seagrave. The ground we are playing the behind closed door friendly at appears to have dressing room facilities akin to a standard set up at non league clubs. 

If you can let me know a UK based professional club what had a pre season game called off on Saturday then by all means shoot. Shepshed Dynamo in the seventh tier of the non league pyramid isn’t a comparable set up to a second tier club just relegated with a multi million pound 

Warm weather training? Europe’s very warm at the moment. Probably not quite as open to high humidity or heavy rainstorms. 

What do I think the impact of the tour is? Nothing more than an owner misguided in trying to show off his toy. The ability to build morale and team bonding could occur on any trip touring; even a little scoot up to Scotland.

My justification for this largely comes from long haul trips in the pre seasons of 2016/17 and 2017/18 where we started the seasons off awfully. 2016/17 we had a very poor result on the opening day followed by a couple of hammerings. 2017/18 we had four points out of a possible twenty four 

Are we moving forward? If we are it’s awfully slow. Not particularly helped by having a lot of potential departures in Asia. The long proposed signing of Mavididi appears a bit stuck to the point you question if he does arrive, will they bother sending him to Singapore? 

I’ve said my piece now. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Cant the owners of Al Shabab or whoever just buy us for 150 Million?

Surely a cheaper way to get the prestige of Premier League football is buy a team and get them into the Premier League instead of buying all the good players. At the end of the day Al-Fayha FC vs Al-Ittihad Club in a desert is still shit as a spectale no matter how much money you pump into it. 

...we are valued at £450m!!!

27 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

There was a bigger crowd at Northampton of Leicester fans than they were sold tickets for the Spurs friendly in our end judging from them supposed 5k maximum of this fixture at its original venue. High profile really? 

Well, to be fair there was a monsoon - we don't know how many tickets were sold - besides...

How much we saying then for the broadcasting fee? Because you’d be lucky if pays one of players wages for a week. If it didn’t go straight to the promoter who was happy to hire a stadium and charge nearly £50 a ticket. 

No idea - but considering TV money is the key source of funding for the sport, i'm guessing it was ok, certainly more than if we'd played some league 1 club.

The choice of Enzo over two others is an unknown decision if good or bad. I’d hardly use the boards footballing decisions has some beacon of their capabilities given their performance over the last eighteen months. 

You miss my point - look at the effect it's had on the fan base in general - for those not still crying over last season, there's a real buzz starting to grow - regardless of how well enzo does, just his presence has been an antidote for BR

A tour to Asia is misplaced when it takes place in the monsoon season. A tour to Asia is misplaced when our previous Hong Kong pretty much faced constant complaint of the humidity levels. A tour to Asia is misplaced when the local population are largely concerned with the Premier League and in particular the largest clubs within it. 

And yet each year clubs from throughout europe play there...

We are now playing training sessions on poorer facilities than we have at Seagrave. The ground we are playing the behind closed door friendly at appears to have dressing room facilities akin to a standard set up at non league clubs. 

Obviously, but they are clearly of a standard enzo and the club are satisfied with

If you can let me know a UK based professional club what had a pre season game called off on Saturday then by all means shoot. Shepshed Dynamo in the seventh tier of the non league pyramid isn’t a comparable set up to a second tier club just relegated with a multi million pound 

It was still called off - even if there weren't more games cancelled, the point is the weather would have made conditions really bad for the players

Warm weather training? Europe’s very warm at the moment. Probably not quite as open to high humidity or heavy rainstorms. 

We've had thunderstorms in Norway - you really are clutching at straws to find issue here.

What do I think the impact of the tour is? Nothing more than an owner misguided in trying to show off his toy. The ability to build morale and team bonding could occur on any trip touring; even a little scoot up to Scotland.

Yes, but we are in thailand and the team building looks good. I disagree with the misguided owner toy thing - that's just malicious and without substance.

My justification for this largely comes from long haul trips in the pre seasons of 2016/17 and 2017/18 where we started the seasons off awfully. 2016/17 we had a very poor result on the opening day followed by a couple of hammerings. 2017/18 we had four points out of a possible twenty four 

So that means it's guaranteed to have the same effect this year? - every year teams play global tournaments and are perfectly fine - again, you're really just clutching at straws to validate your belief that the club is fuched.  

27 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Are we moving forward? If we are it’s awfully slow. Not particularly helped by having a lot of potential departures in Asia. The long proposed signing of Mavididi appears a bit stuck to the point you question if he does arrive, will they bother sending him to Singapore? 

It's been a month - what on earth do you expect us to have achieved.  Incoming and departures will continue until september, the club are aware of this, things ARE happening.

I’ve said my piece now. 

And yet failed to offer any convincing belief to back up your doom-mongering and conjecture.

• Thanks 1