Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcbluearmy

Port FC Wednesday?

Just now, filbertway said:

Game should be well over now. Would be nice to have some kind of acknowledge of this game right?

After all it's part of this commercial extravaganza tour that was so important.

Even if it is behind closed doors which I didn't think it was, I just find the lack of insight mind boggling. 

Maybe the game didn't happen after all? 

Just now, Jabfox said:

Even if it is behind closed doors which I didn't think it was, I just find the lack of insight mind boggling. 

Maybe the game didn't happen after all? 

Dunno the coverage we got of the Leuven was cameras from weird angles and in the case of one goal, behind netting. Just baffles me 

• Like 1

https://www.lcfc.com/news/3604203/ndidi-strike-seals-win-over-port-fc-in-bangkok?lang=en

Wilfred Ndidi's early goal was the difference as Leicester City defeated Bangkok side Port FC 1-0 at Alpine Football Camp Training on Wednesday.

Following the cancellation of Sunday’s match against Tottenham Hotspur at Rajanmagala Stadium, the Foxes headed across town in Bangkok to take on Thai League 1 outfit Port, who finished third in their league last season. This summer, Leicester have so far faced Peterborough United, Northampton Town and OH Leuven. On Sunday, meanwhile, Enzo Maresca’s men will come up against Liverpool in Singapore (10am BST kick-off).

New goalkeeper Mads Hermansen was in from the off for the Foxes, with summer signing Harry Winks also getting more minutes in the tank. Academy graduate Hamza Choudhury, meanwhile, wore the captain's armband in 34-degree heat. 

The Foxes were ahead inside 10 minutes when Victor Kristiansen slid the ball through to Kelechi Iheanacho, with the Nigerian squaring it for international team-mate Ndidi to slot home from close range. 

A moment of alarm arrived on 14 minutes, when Frans Putros found himself in space, closing in on Hermansen’s goal. Choudhury, though, arrived out of nowhere with a perfectly timed sliding challenge to relieve the danger. Leicester broke away shortly after, but neither Wanya Marçal-Madivadua nor Iheanacho could get there in time to convert at the far post.  

At the half-hour, there was a water break, but before then a raised flag stopped Iheanacho from doubling his side’s lead. The last action of the opening 45 minutes, on the other hand, saw Hamilton Soares De Sa send Suphanan Bureerat’s cross narrowly wide of Hermansen’s near post, with Ben Nelson bravely challenging him. 

Ndidi was a threat for City. Just before the interval, a curled effort from the edge of the box was palmed away well by Port ‘keeper Sumethee Khokpho. Into the second half, Iheanacho chipped the Port shot-stopper from a tight angle, but also missed the target.

Eight new faces joined the action with just over 20 minutes to go, including Patson Daka, Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall and new signing Callum Doyle. 

Khokpho had to be alert with 15 to play, getting down well to hold Dewsbury-Hall's low drive. Daka's shot was blocked too, but it was victory by a solitary goal in Leicester's fourth outing of the summer. 

City: Hermansen (Stolarczyk 68'), Winks (Dewsbury-Hall 46’), Iheanacho (Daka 68'), Kristiansen (Castagne 68'), Vestergaard (Souttar 46’), Ndidi, Choudhury (McAteer 68'), Thomas (Castagne 68'), Soumaré (Praet 68'), Nelson (Doyle 68'), Marçal-Madivadua (Ricardo 68').

11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.lcfc.com/news/3604203/ndidi-strike-seals-win-over-port-fc-in-bangkok?lang=en

Wilfred Ndidi's early goal was the difference as Leicester City defeated Bangkok side Port FC 1-0 at Alpine Football Camp Training on Wednesday.

Following the cancellation of Sunday’s match against Tottenham Hotspur at Rajanmagala Stadium, the Foxes headed across town in Bangkok to take on Thai League 1 outfit Port, who finished third in their league last season. This summer, Leicester have so far faced Peterborough United, Northampton Town and OH Leuven. On Sunday, meanwhile, Enzo Maresca’s men will come up against Liverpool in Singapore (10am BST kick-off).

New goalkeeper Mads Hermansen was in from the off for the Foxes, with summer signing Harry Winks also getting more minutes in the tank. Academy graduate Hamza Choudhury, meanwhile, wore the captain's armband in 34-degree heat. 

The Foxes were ahead inside 10 minutes when Victor Kristiansen slid the ball through to Kelechi Iheanacho, with the Nigerian squaring it for international team-mate Ndidi to slot home from close range. 

A moment of alarm arrived on 14 minutes, when Frans Putros found himself in space, closing in on Hermansen’s goal. Choudhury, though, arrived out of nowhere with a perfectly timed sliding challenge to relieve the danger. Leicester broke away shortly after, but neither Wanya Marçal-Madivadua nor Iheanacho could get there in time to convert at the far post.  

At the half-hour, there was a water break, but before then a raised flag stopped Iheanacho from doubling his side’s lead. The last action of the opening 45 minutes, on the other hand, saw Hamilton Soares De Sa send Suphanan Bureerat’s cross narrowly wide of Hermansen’s near post, with Ben Nelson bravely challenging him. 

Ndidi was a threat for City. Just before the interval, a curled effort from the edge of the box was palmed away well by Port ‘keeper Sumethee Khokpho. Into the second half, Iheanacho chipped the Port shot-stopper from a tight angle, but also missed the target.

Eight new faces joined the action with just over 20 minutes to go, including Patson Daka, Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall and new signing Callum Doyle. 

Khokpho had to be alert with 15 to play, getting down well to hold Dewsbury-Hall's low drive. Daka's shot was blocked too, but it was victory by a solitary goal in Leicester's fourth outing of the summer. 

City: Hermansen (Stolarczyk 68'), Winks (Dewsbury-Hall 46’), Iheanacho (Daka 68'), Kristiansen (Castagne 68'), Vestergaard (Souttar 46’), Ndidi, Choudhury (McAteer 68'), Thomas (Castagne 68'), Soumaré (Praet 68'), Nelson (Doyle 68'), Marçal-Madivadua (Ricardo 68').

Castagne must be fit replacing Kristiansen and Thomas on 68"

13 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Other than Winks and Marcal-Madivadua seems he used the game as an opportunity to get minutes into the legs of the lads he hasn’t seen play as much.

Noticeable that Stolarczyk came on to replace Hermansen instead of Iversen, I think he will be the No.2 this year if we manage to sell Ward and Iversen.

Interesting that Soumare was back in too, I wonder if a move fell through for him or he just picked up a knock? 

Trying to figure what the formation was on the basis we stick to what we’ve done throughout I would imagine the team looked like this:

4-3-3

GK- Hermansen 

RB - Hamza

CB - Vesty

CB - Nelson

LB - Kristensen

CDM - Winks

CM - Ndidi

CM - Soumare

RW - Marcal-Madivadua

LW - Thomas

St - Kel

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

Just now, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Other than Winks and Marcal-Madivadua seems he used the game as an opportunity to get minutes into the legs of the lads he hasn’t seen play as much.

Noticeable that Stolarczyk came on to replace Hermansen instead of Iversen, I think he will be the No.2 this year if we manage to sell Ward and Iversen.

Interesting that Soumare was back in too, I wonder if a move fell through for him or he just picked up a knock? 

Trying to figure what the formation was on the basis we stick to what we’ve done throughout I would imagine the team looked like this:

4-3-3

GK- Hermansen 

RB - Hamza

CB - Vesty

CB - Nelson

LB - Thomas 

CDM - Winks

CM - Ndidi

CM - Soumare

RW - Marcal-Madivadua

LW - Thomas

St - Kel

Thomas doing a good job of covering the left side

Castagne coming in for both Kristiansan and Thomas? No wonder it was only 1-0!

Interesting that both left-backs started though. I guess one of them was tried on the right, or as a left-sided forward or left in a midfield 3?

Edited by ALC Fox

4 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

4-3-3

GK- Hermansen 

RB - Hamza

CB - Vesty

CB - Nelson

LB - Kristensen

CDM - Winks

CM - Ndidi

CM - Soumare

RW - Marcal-Madivadua

LW - Thomas

St - Kel

Madivadua was only the left apparently

• Like 1

Solid 1-0 wins against Northampton trialists and the 3rd best team in Thailand.

On the plus side, it could be worse. Spurs went 1-0 down to a team called Lion City Sailors. Harry Kane doing what he does best and scoring penalties against fisherman to lay claim to being the greatest striker ever to grace a football pitch.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

4-3-3

GK- Hermansen 

RB - Hamza

CB - Vesty

CB - Nelson

LB - Kristensen

CDM - Winks

CM - Ndidi

CM - Soumare

RW - Marcal-Madivadua

LW - Thomas

St - Kel