Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcbluearmy

Port FC Wednesday?

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I like Owynn but this screams as someone kissing arse to stay connected. 

It’s a 1-0 win over a national league level opposition 

Can’t blame him, games the game. Guillem was suggesting for him to go to his event in Croft as it’ll be good for him and networking. Clearly making the right connections.

19 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Other than Winks and Marcal-Madivadua seems he used the game as an opportunity to get minutes into the legs of the lads he hasn’t seen play as much.

Noticeable that Stolarczyk came on to replace Hermansen instead of Iversen, I think he will be the No.2 this year if we manage to sell Ward and Iversen.

Interesting that Soumare was back in too, I wonder if a move fell through for him or he just picked up a knock? 

Trying to figure what the formation was on the basis we stick to what we’ve done throughout I would imagine the team looked like this:

4-3-3

GK- Hermansen 

RB - Hamza

CB - Vesty

CB - Nelson

LB - Kristensen

CDM - Winks

CM - Ndidi

CM - Soumare

RW - Marcal-Madivadua

LW - Thomas

St - Kel

Didn’t realise he tweeted out the side.

17 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I like Owynn but this screams as someone kissing arse to stay connected. 

It’s a 1-0 win over a national league level opposition 

He gave us the line up and some info regarding the game for absolutely nothing at all in return and gets criticised. I know it’s his job but still. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LVFox said:

In fairness to OPA, he's out there seeing it and we aren't, so who's to say he is kissing arse or just calling it as he sees it.

At least he gives us an avenue to know what's going on in terms of tactical setup etc.

Hopefully he's been well trained enough to know that as a football journalist / correspondent, you just can't win, whatever you say or do. 

Seems to me, what little I know of him, that he has a promising career ahead, like Jason Bourne has carved out for himself. And a long list of others currently working at BBC Sport before him too; Nick Mullins, Iain Carter, Manish Bhasin, John Bennett 

28 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He is a young lad trying to make his way in a tough gig. I’d licking multiple arses if it meant me getting somewhere. 

Sadly brown nosing the club  has gone on for years.

There was a reason that Bill Anderson was known as Biased Bill by the fans, when reporting for the Mercury back in the 70s and 80s. 

In fact his predecessor at the mercury was banned from the club for being too critical and not towing the club line.

Similar thing with Stringer who the clubs players wouldn't do interviews with after he upset Pearson.

Personally I would rather a reporter be strong enough to ask the difficult questions, and say it as it is, but with the negative impact it might make on their career, I suppose its understandable that some reporters don't want to ruffle too many feathers.

Edited by smudger63