Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Best Individual Performance…

Funny story today, I got talking to a bloke in a pub. He had had quite a few I reckon, but he starts chewing my ear off about climate change and other things and then I heard him mention the problems with the Juninho effect (El Nino) - I just said to him don’t worry about Juninho - Pontus Kaamark will take care of him. 
Dead silence and I think he left thinking I was the odd drunk bloke at the end of the bar.

Anyway, got me thinking, what is the single greatest individual performance by a Leicester player you have seen?

Overall the player might have been crap but, an individual performance that will get talked about forever!

Huth on a hat-trick, Iwan v Derby, Marshall v Derby, Kaamark v Juninho, so many great goalkeeping performances - Peggy against Chelsea, Kasper at Wembley, Tommy Wright v Cambridge.

Many, many more but what’s the best individual display you’ve seen?

6 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Heskey tearing spurs a new one…. As close as I’ve seen to someone being entirely unplayable 

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Off the top of my head, I've only seen one player for us who has won the game on his own; Emile Heskey..

There was a game against a very good Chelsea side at home, maybe second season into the MON years and Chelsea simply couldn't cope. I think Emile got both goals. Frank Lebeouf resorted to kicking and fouling him and even then he came off worse. Heskey that day played like Mbappe. He was unplayable. 

Good shouts. Heskey vs Spurs in 97 and Chelsea in 98. We were dominant in both those games. 

• Like 1

Kante in every game of the title winning season.

Only half joking!

Some great ones in this thread already, but one that very weirdly game to my head was Mark Davies against Yeovil away. I'm sure it was on TV and hilarious just how far above that level he was.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Off the top of my head, I've only seen one player for us who has won the game on his own; Emile Heskey..

There was a game against a very good Chelsea side at home, maybe second season into the MON years and Chelsea simply couldn't cope. I think Emile got both goals. Frank Lebeouf resorted to kicking and fouling him and even then he came off worse. Heskey that day played like Mbappe. He was unplayable. 

Do you remember Emile against Norwich at Filbo. That lives in the memory too

Literally any time Ngolo walked on a pitch.

More obscure, I wanna say Mark Davies v Yeovil (but it may have been another team ) he looked like he'd go and be an international player. He was clearly well below his level in his short time with us.

• Like 1

Mark Draper at the start of the ill fated 94 season, at home to Spurs - playing in a midfield with Mark Blake and Lee Philpott against a stellar (if defensively iffy) Tottenham side. Absolutely ran the show in a way I'd never seen a Leicester player do before.

• Like 2

It’ll surely be a Mahrez game. So many but the one that sticks in my mind is the Chelsea game. 

Kasper in the FA Cup final Was immense, in a game that will largely be remembered by non Leicester fans for the Tielemans goal. 

Kante, Mahrez and Huth against Manchester City in the 3-1 we’re all incredible. 

Vardh against Manchester United. 

One that I think gets over looked, Kaspers performance against Manchester United when we drew 1-1 in the 15/16. 

• Like 1