Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Best Individual Performance…

Lloyd Dyer in a 6-0 home win against Ipswich. Poor old Bradley Orr was on loan from Blackburn, remember him twisting and turning, falling to the deck, he just couldn’t get near Dyer. 

We had 3 or 4 big home wins over that couple of seasons and each one of them Dyer was unplayable. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I dont know why but I also remember a 17 year old Emile coming against Norwich and changing a game. I think we were 2-0 down. David Nish was caretaker just before O'neil took over. Heskey came on and we won 3-2 (Emile scored and I think it was the winner). 

Great comeback. 

https://youtu.be/DHDG-yB6n2I

Found the game! I can’t believe how old it looks. Whitlow’s free kick - how did I forget that

Neil Lennon in the '96 Play-off final. Pouring forward in search of that equaliser (Parker pen) left us totally exposed to the Palace counter attack. Lennon cut them off, mopped up and got it forward time and again. The Claridge shin (that wasn't) is mostly repeated but for me it was Lennon's defensive midfield performance that gave us the chance to win it. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Neil Lennon in the '96 Play-off final. Pouring forward in search of that equaliser (Parker pen) left us totally exposed to the Palace counter attack. Lennon cut them off, mopped up and got it forward time and again. The Claridge shin (that wasn't) is mostly repeated but for me it was Lennon's defensive midfield performance that gave us the chance to win it. 

Remember Scott Taylor putting a decent shift in that day too, Lennon was unbelievable that day. 

1 hour ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Honorable mention to Wilfred Ndidi against Liverpool (Covid season). He was phenomenal that day.

Didn't think this would get a mention in this thread, but when I saw the thread title, this is the game and the individual performance that sprung to my mind. Ndidi was simply astonishing that day, one of the best defensive-midfielder performances I have ever seen.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CheeseHead said:

Didn't think this would get a mention in this thread, but when I saw the thread title, this is the game and the individual performance that sprung to my mind. Ndidi was simply astonishing that day, one of the best defensive-midfielder performances I have ever seen.

I remember the Essien comparison. I would imagine that there is a compilation somewhere, he seemed to win the ball back every single time.  It has been so depressing to watch him go so backwards.

22 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

Julian Joachim must be a contender

He scored an absolute belter of a goal where he seemed to ghost past every player on the pitch twice before tucking it in. 

Marshalls hat trick against Derby was so unexpected. I remember being a bit down before kickoff because someone wasn't playing but he soon cheered me up. 

Stan and Heskey against Sunderland. Sadly, Heskey left after that game. As a pair they were awesome.

Shlupp scored a hat trick in the cup as a striker. I think it was his debut. He then scored another 2 in the next round. 

But for me Mahrez against Man City away in the title winning season. How he flicked the ball over the defender is anyone's guess.  

All great memories. This thread has put a smile on my face

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Product of 84 said:

He scored an absolute belter of a goal where he seemed to ghost past every player on the pitch twice before tucking it in. 

Marshalls hat trick against Derby was so unexpected. I remember being a bit down before kickoff because someone wasn't playing but he soon cheered me up. 

Sure he was only playing cos Heskey was out.

Vardy in the Man United 5-3 game was on a different level. Mahrez had a couple of unreal performances against Man City (who can forget that touch to bring down a 40 yard pass in the rain?)

Against us, it's a toss up between Van Nistelrooy in 2003 or Alexis Sanchez in the home game against Arsenal in the title season. 

• Like 1

The one I thought of instantly was MAHREZ vs Chelsea at home 15/16. The turns against Cesar Azpilicueta were ridiculous for the goal.

vardy vs man utd

vardy vs Man City at home in the rain

de Vries vs Sheffield Wednesday at home

howard vs Cardiff semi final play off away

kante most games

schmeichel vs Sevilla both legs

schmeichel cup final 

James Maddison vs Bournemouth 🥹

13 minutes ago, Danizen said:

who can forget that touch to bring down a 40 yard pass in the rain?)

And the one touch layoff for Vardy to score, from a long ball from Fuchs? To this day, I consider it so good I can't believe it was intentional!