Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Best Individual Performance…

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Off the top of my head, I've only seen one player for us who has won the game on his own; Emile Heskey..

There was a game against a very good Chelsea side at home, maybe second season into the MON years and Chelsea simply couldn't cope. I think Emile got both goals. Frank Lebeouf resorted to kicking and fouling him and even then he came off worse. Heskey that day played like Mbappe. He was unplayable. 

What would a 20 year old Heskey be worth in today's market? 

Back to back double figure goal tallies for a teenager in the Premier League.

You'd be looking at 70-80 odd million surely.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

Kante in every game of the title winning season.

Only half joking!

Some great ones in this thread already, but one that very weirdly game to my head was Mark Davies against Yeovil away. I'm sure it was on TV and hilarious just how far above that level he was.

This. Can remember week in week out sitting there laughing to myself about how on earth we had the best midfielder in world football.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Literally any time Ngolo walked on a pitch.

More obscure, I wanna say Mark Davies v Yeovil (but it may have been another team ) he looked like he'd go and be an international player. He was clearly well below his level in his short time with us.

Was devastated when he didn’t sign

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

What would a 20 year old Heskey be worth in today's market? 

Back to back double figure goal tallies for a teenager in the Premier League.

You'd be looking at 70-80 odd million surely.

He had 1 in 10 games where he was Mbappe level. Usually against sol Campbell at Spurs or Southgate at Villa. In the other 9 he'd mix up being very good or totally anonymous. A little like Barnes if he didn't get a break early on his head went down. 

Massively underrated for us. At the time he was such a quiet timid lad I wonder if he knew how good he was. Funny, as now he's in his 40s he's a really good pundit and advocate for us...not the quiet lad of old 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Off the top of my head, I've only seen one player for us who has won the game on his own; Emile Heskey..

There was a game against a very good Chelsea side at home, maybe second season into the MON years and Chelsea simply couldn't cope. I think Emile got both goals. Frank Lebeouf resorted to kicking and fouling him and even then he came off worse. Heskey that day played like Mbappe. He was unplayable. 

I dont know why but I also remember a 17 year old Emile coming against Norwich and changing a game. I think we were 2-0 down. David Nish was caretaker just before O'neil took over. Heskey came on and we won 3-2 (Emile scored and I think it was the winner). 

Great comeback. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

He had 1 in 10 games where he was Mbappe level. Usually against sol Campbell at Spurs or Southgate at Villa. In the other 9 he'd mix up being very good or totally anonymous. A little like Barnes if he didn't get a break early on his head went down. 

Massively underrated for us. At the time he was such a quiet timid lad I wonder if he knew how good he was. Funny, as now he's in his 40s he's a really good pundit and advocate for us...not the quiet lad of old 

Emile had that power and speed

6 hours ago, BakerLCFC said:

Vardy in the 5-3 comeback against Man Utd. Involved in every goal.
1 goal, 2 assists and won the 2 penalties. 

If he was juiced for any game he played for us it was that one. He was an animal that day

Edited by foxfanazer