Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Leicester Vs Liverpool - Match Thread KO 10:00 UK Time

2 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

I like the look of Mads already 

I agree, so comfortable with the ball at his feet, seems leagues ahead of Danny is so many ways. It seems like the old school style of keeper is slowly dying out, not just someone to block the goal and kick it long, its such an agile and quick reaction output now. Hermy is the future. 

Isn’t it great as well that nearly everyone on here can see it with their own eyes and appreciate how different and good it looks with a gaffer with tactics you can just look at and say ‘yea that’s lovely’

Just now, StanSP said:

Rodgers regressed us so much. 

Imagine if we'd sacked him in October and appointed Emery or De Zerbi. European football would have been a genuine possibility. 

• Like 3

Probably going to get beat here but you can see the tactic and vision of Enzo, and if it takes a few months to really kick in with slow results so be it, because if we completely master this then we could be in for a barnstormer of a season 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm genuinely amazed how quickly everyone's picked it up. Reflects very well on Enzo but can we also take a minute to say a big fvck you to everyone who tried to make out our players weren't technical enough or smart enough or whatever "enough" to play Rodgers football? 

Or any other of the hundred excuses for why possession football wasn't productive under the last manager. 

It’s a much higher tempo of passing for sure. 

• Like 1

Just now, EnglishOxide said:

Mate, just enjoy the pre season match.

Talk about the boring and negative stuff afterwards to your hearts content. 

I am enjoying it. But we're on the third (fourth?) spell of Ndidi being on the receiving end of most of our positive attacking movement. It's ceased to be a fun cameo or a freak one off, it's a pattern. 

It's fine for now, the manager is doing the best he can with the squad he has, but christ we still really got to do some recruiting and the season is looming. 

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

Imagine if we'd sacked him in October and appointed Emery or De Zerbi. European football would have been a genuine possibility. 

Yep. Not only did he regress us, but he did it off the back of the own success he managed with us. So he took us forward then did an impressive job of taking us so far back. 

Just now, foxfanazer said:

I'm not certain we'll get promoted but I do feel like I'm going to start enjoying watching my team again. The last 2 years were painful to watch, even on the rare occasions we'd win

Exactly this mate, all I want is to watch us play entertaining and energetic football 

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

I am enjoying it. But we're on the third (fourth?) spell of Ndidi being on the receiving end of most of our positive attacking movement. It's ceased to be a fun cameo or a freak one off, it's a pattern. 

It's fine for now, the manager is doing the best he can with the squad he has, but christ we still really got to do some recruiting and the season is looming. 

Yeah there's no way he should be the one arriving late in the box to finish these chances, his finishing is absolutely dire. He's missed about 3-4 gilt edged chances in these friendlies alone. 

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

You know what, even if we get battered, I've seen enough in this first 10 minutes to make me very, VERY excited.

Get Enzo his attacking players FFS. This guy will turn us into a brilliant team.

For me this is a breath of fresh air. I am reminded of Brighton TBH, a mid-table team that dares to play an attacking and entertaining style.

Again, similar to how I see it. Brighton-esque.

I rate what we're achieving in our play despite the blatant room for improvement. Our ceiling under this bloke is HIGH.

• Thanks 1

It's pleasing to hear how organised we look and that everyone appears to know their role. And everyone just seems on board with the tactics as a team, as well as individually.

And this up against a strong Liverpool side. Even if they're not up to full speed, it's still Liverpool. 

Promising if we can keep this up today and for the season, just need that adequate depth with the subs ready to come on and opportunities when players get injured. 

• Like 1