Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Leicester Vs Liverpool - Match Thread KO 10:00 UK Time

2 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Why do our fans always make mountains out of molehills 🤷‍♂️ 

Is this a case of that though? 

We're witnessing a preseason that has hardly been testing in terms of game time and opposition (up until today) and has been hugely disrupted by a tour, most likely arranged in arrogance assuming we'd still be a premier league side, and now we're seeing everything we did last season, the fact that we're in a game quite clearly have talent in the squad but it lacks all self belief and when they go behind their heads drop and all the fight disappears. Yes this is against Liverpool but this is a squad largely the same as last seasons when we should be looking at competing against them. 

I have always been one of those that doesn't take much from pre season, but the 18 months or so are still very fresh in the memory and it's hard to shake off that feeling that we crumble and there is no fight in the team, that is going to be Enzo's biggest test, to instill that self belief, determination and grit to back up the talent. 

• Like 2

This team should look a lot different in 3-4 weeks time, so can’t get to distressed by the usual dossers playing badly.  

Castagne vestergaard Daka etc all useless - how Castagne is getting linked to Juventus is beyond me.

Could be an indifferent start to the season - will take a few months to get a settled side and some fluidity - and this joke of a preseason won’t help, but we are going to have to try and find some patience from somewhere (me included) because anyone that thinks we are pissing the league from the off, is an ostrich 

Just now, boosmanana said:

Some of you in here are so bi-polar 😂 we're losing against one of the best pressing teams in the world whilst trying to learn a new style of play, with a couple of players who aren't capable of doing it. It's quite clear to see that Ndidi, Daka and Castagne are going to hold us back in this system. We'll have some new players in and some of these gone before the end of the window. It's also a pre-season game. Relax a little. First 20 minutes was the best I've seen us pass the ball around in a long time and we could have been 2-0 up. 

It’s our last pre season game.. should be all of next weeks starting 11 getting 70/75 mins…

1 minute ago, IsItMuzzy said:

Whoever thought it was a good idea to have David ‘you know’ Nugent on co-comms should be relieved of their position immediately 

He’s been poor, normally much better.

Commentary is woeful though and so unwilling to call it as it’s really happening. Terrible mistakes brushed off with “oh well, it’s preseason”.  

can’t wait to enjoy a season of this coverage… 

We opinion after the first 45 minutes.

I like the system, it’s nice to see us play pressing football with numbers and move the ball at a higher tempo. 

We dropped off toward the end of that half and let in the three goals. This tactic will work against lesser teams, however we can’t play like these against teams who press and control the ball better than we do. 

Hermansen looks good with his feet, need to see more of him but hasn’t stood out in terms of goalkeeping as being better than our other keepers. 

Ricardo is better on the right. Castagne needs to go and we need to play a LB / CB. 

Ndidi as an 8 gets into the positions, however isn’t technically good enough to move the ball at the right pace or has the final Product to play this system. 

Vestergaard has a real Issue when he’s exposed out of possession. It’s okay being comfortable on the ball, however when you’re smaller when you jump and have the turning circle of the titanic, he’ll get ripped apart by mobile attacking players. We need Coady back for and in his place. 

McAteer looks lively and he will

definitively be around the first team this season. 

Daka is a waste of a squad space and I’d sell. He doesn’t fit the system And will only be effective off the shoulder of the last defender. 

Passed the ball around well in spells. 

It's a completely different style of play to last season but much more exciting to watch. 

It will take time for the players to fully adjust however It doesn't help when players like Castagne can't find feet with a 5 or 10 yard pass :thumbdown:

He has had a stinker. 

2 minutes ago, boosmanana said:

Some of you in here are so bi-polar 😂 we're losing against one of the best pressing teams in the world whilst trying to learn a new style of play, with a couple of players who aren't capable of doing it. It's quite clear to see that Ndidi, Daka and Castagne are going to hold us back in this system. We'll have some new players in and some of these gone before the end of the window. It's also a pre-season game. Relax a little. First 20 minutes was the best I've seen us pass the ball around in a long time and we could have been 2-0 up. 

Those first 20 were really encouraging

• Like 1

I’m enjoying seeing what Enzo has done so far. Some real positives in terms of shape and intensity out of possession.

We’ll learn and hopefully Enzo will, a lot more about the team and what’s needed by playing against Liverpool in this game today.

12 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Unless you are going to play to Daka strength of running in behind he's a waste of time.

He's hold up play is terrible.

Exactly. Nothing sticks with him up front, he doesn’t link up play and offers little from wide.

5 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Absolutely this!

We are gonna get torn to shreds when the football means something.

Someone tell the manager that we are NOT manchester City.

This is why we should have got a championship clogger type manager. Enzo required a comple rebuild, he's been clear on this, the club particularly Jon Rudkin or incompetent and out of their depth and can not provide the set. I think as long as Rudkin is here this club is only heading one direction, through whatever trap door is open. 

• Like 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

Defensively yes 

but you saw plenty of evidence why maresca would like him with the ball at his feet 

It's 2023. You can find a footballer that's faster than Vestergaard, better defensively than Vestergaard, works harder than Vestergaard, has better reactions than Vestergaard and is capable of passing the ball.

I mean the last time he played a full season, before we bought him, he was in the 24th percentile for pass completion. It's not like he's even Jon fvcking Stones or something with the ball.

1 minute ago, bluefox1 said:

Pointless games (tops fault,showing off his club over there,games played so far 3 goals,coventry have played 4 games back here and scored 12 goals and not lost (TOP THATS HOW TO INSTALL CONFIDENCE) fear for us next Sunday.:appl:

So we have played more than them in pre season ? Trained in tougher conditions, played against a world class team (whilst they beat Exeter 2-1) 

The over reaction to these past two weeks has been nothing more than embarrassing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

This team should look a lot different in 3-4 weeks time, so can’t get to distressed by the usual dossers playing badly.  

Castagne vestergaard Daka etc all useless - how Castagne is getting linked to Juventus is beyond me.

Could be an indifferent start to the season - will take a few months to get a settled side and some fluidity - and this joke of a preseason won’t help, but we are going to have to try and find some patience from somewhere (me included) because anyone that thinks we are pissing the league from the off, is an ostrich 

Juventus are that broke, they can’t send a scout to watch him.

They heard he’s a Belgium international though, so thought he was okay. 

Loan with an option to buy (that they’ll

never use).