Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Leicester Vs Liverpool - Match Thread KO 10:00 UK Time

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Thought we played well for the majority. Punished by one of the worlds best teams. 

Sure... but the reason we are playing one of the world's best teams at a time we're trying to find confidence and our best 11 is the problem...

As a result of this the speed with which our heads go down and the white flags come out the second we go behind has now been shown to be as bad as last season before this season has even begun.

I'm sure it bodes well though... :bounce:

2 minutes ago, bluefox1 said:

Pointless games (tops fault,showing off his club over there,games played so far 3 goals,coventry have played 4 games back here and scored 12 goals and not lost (TOP THATS HOW TO INSTALL CONFIDENCE) fear for us next Sunday.:appl:

against lower teams than themselves......

Just now, JimmyC74 said:

Exactly. Nothing sticks with him up front, he doesn’t link up play and offers little from wide.

Not a great presser either which is why I don’t get why people compare him to prime Vardy. He’s not even *that* fast. Just don’t see why some of our fans are so convinced Daka will score goals for fun at Championship level

The result isn’t shocking, I’ll admit we looked suspect for their 2nd but reality is we showed how the system works first 20.

Liverpool are one of the best clubs in the world so it’s not a shock they adapted to it and punished us. The quality difference between them and the Championship is drastic and the players will have rust until at least a month into proper games. Trust the process 

• Like 3

Just now, Finnegan said:

It's 2023. You can find a footballer that's faster than Vestergaard, better defensively than Vestergaard, works harder than Vestergaard, has better reactions than Vestergaard and is capable of passing the ball.

I mean the last time he played a full season, before we bought him, he was in the 24th percentile for pass completion. It's not like he's even Jon fvcking Stones or something with the ball.

He’s not the answer and we will try to offload him before the end of august but I reckon maresca would be happier to be left with him rather than souttar.   The FD would not. 

It's a shame we conceded quick fire goals but I'm personally really impressed with what we're trying to do. Obviously there's room for improvement and we need a couple of new players still, but I'm positive about it. Hopefully we get a goal or two for confidence second half because we really should have taken he lead.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

People need to get on board with the fact this is a massive rebuild and not going sort our issues over night.

Manager needs time.

Agreed. We are a work in progress and probably need at least 3/4 in. The prospect of that probably has Rudders in a cold sweat.

Think people need to get a sense of perspective. It’s been a really promising first half if you ignore the score. And Vesty’s ability to get outjumped by an oompah loompah. And Ndidi and Daka’s inability to retain and pass the ball. And Daka’s ability to look like he’s a competition winner given the chance to have a run out. And Castagne’s positioning. And the lack of any real battle. And the lack of a leader. 

• Haha 2

Just now, st albans fox said:

He’s not the answer and we will try to offload him before the end of august but I reckon maresca would be happier to be left with him rather than souttar.   The FD would not. 

Based on his lack of game time I agree that Souttar does not seem to have much of a future here.

Just now, Stopharage said:

Think people need to get a sense of perspective. It’s been a really promising first half if you ignore the score. And Vesty’s ability to get outjumped by an oompah loompah. And Ndidi and Daka’s inability to retain and pass the ball. And Daka’s ability to look like he’s a competition winner given the chance to have a run out. And Castagne’s positioning. And the lack of any real battle. And the lack of a leader. 

Kit looks nice though, so its about medium overall?

Just now, lee7 said:

Passed the ball around well in spells. 

It's a completely different style of play to last season but much more exciting to watch. 

It will take time for the players to fully adjust however It doesn't help when players like Castagne can't find feet with a 5 or 10 yard pass :thumbdown:

He has had a stinker.