Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Leicester Vs Liverpool - Match Thread KO 10:00 UK Time

1 minute ago, Geo_LCFC said:

The result isn’t shocking, I’ll admit we looked suspect for their 2nd but reality is we showed how the system works first 20.

Liverpool are one of the best clubs in the world so it’s not a shock they adapted to it and punished us. The quality difference between them and the Championship is drastic and the players will have rust until at least a month into proper games. Trust the process 

We should be a week ahead with our preparation though. Hopefully that will show second half.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

dont get the massive over reaction from some, its a pre season game, get more mins in the legs and try something different etc

and of course they wont play the line up for next weekend, like showing your hand too soon

does show we need more attacking/creative players to come in

Have you seen an in match thread before?

Liverpool ended last season as the top in form team, and they started a pretty strong lineup playing a system they know inside out. I'm impressed we haven't deviated away from the strategy which at times has looked very good. Liverpools quality has outgunned a much weaker defence. I would rather watch us trying to implement a system, even if we are a handful of players short, than try and play 10 at the back against these like we did at the end of last season. We are not going to be coming up against Liverpool each week.

• Like 2

Just read the thread from the start of the game to now, the way people switch up so quick is amazing lol 

A lot of positives to take from that first half. You have to remember Liverpool have 3/4 years experiences playing against this style when they play teams like Arsenal and Man City. The fact we caused them trouble on multiple occasions is a positive.

Liverpool can also destroy anyone when they get clicking in recent years they’ve done it to the likes of Man Utd and even Real Madrid. They’re world class, so no need to get distraught about it despite it being disappointing. 

Personally impressed especially since our player personnel is only going to improve with new additions and players becoming more suited to the style.

4 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

And was incorrectly flagged offside when about to score.... so yeah, swings and roundabouts eh?

He has underwhelmed for 2 years. I concede I have lost faith that he will make it - especially in this set-up.

18 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Problem is that not so long ago we expected to compete with a team like Liverpool 

Considering where they've been in recent years it's pretty silly to think we were ever in competition to them. They and man city were in their own bracket. 

Just now, bluefox1 said:

Yes,but why aren't we playing games back here,wasted 2 weeks out there.

Who's got confidence them or us:dunno:

and winning against lower opposition could give a false sense of confidence, as you wont play that quality

I agree we have wasted 2 weeks in thailand tho,

4 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Sure... but the reason we are playing one of the world's best teams at a time we're trying to find confidence and our best 11 is the problem...

As a result of this the speed with which our heads go down and the white flags come out the second we go behind has now been shown to be as bad as last season before this season has even begun.

I'm sure it bodes well though... :bounce:

The manager, the change of tactics should help with confidence. Was always going to be a test today but they will take some confidence out how they have got in behind Liverpool a few times. 

3-0 isn’t great but these games aren’t really about the score so much as the preparation and learning. However, can’t hide the fact there are some worrying signs.

Those who say we need a season to adjust to this style of play will have to accept that at a club like Leicester expectations are high and a mixed championship campaign would likely lead to dismissal. Maresca doesn’t have that luxury I’m afraid.

Edited by Mr Weller 2

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

People need to get on board with the fact this is a massive rebuild and not going sort our issues over night.

Manager needs time.

Unfortunately those people who need to get on board actually sit on our board. All the noises from the club (and this vanity tour of Southeast Asia) indicate that they believe we’ll go straight back up.