Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Leicester Vs Liverpool - Match Thread KO 10:00 UK Time

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Have you seen an in match thread before?

Liverpool ended last season as the top in form team, and they started a pretty strong lineup playing a system they know inside out. I'm impressed we haven't deviated away from the strategy which at times has looked very good. Liverpools quality has outgunned a much weaker defence. I would rather watch us trying to implement a system, even if we are a handful of players short, than try and play 10 at the back against these like we did at the end of last season. We are not going to be coming up against Liverpool each week.

thats true, one mins it on top of the world the next bottom of the ocean

The problem here isn't the football we're trying to play as a Championship club, it's the opposition and location. Play like we have against a lesser opponent down the KP today and I think more of us would see more positives with what we're slowly building.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stopharage said:

Think people need to get a sense of perspective. It’s been a really promising first half if you ignore the score. And Vesty’s ability to get outjumped by an oompah loompah. And Ndidi and Daka’s inability to retain and pass the ball. And Daka’s ability to look like he’s a competition winner given the chance to have a run out. And Castagne’s positioning. And the lack of any real battle. And the lack of a leader. 

It’s really not, it started off amazing like watching another team. The last 25 minutes it’s very reminiscent of play under Rodgers. That could be match fitness, altitude etc.

If you talk about leicesters missed chances then you also need to talk about liverpools like when the ball was given straight from a goal kick.

It was a encouraging start, but it really wasn’t a promising half.

This could be highlights from any game from last season. Dog shit rolled in cat shit sprinkled with bird shit.

The usual suspects making the same mistakes that contributed to getting relegated. The only time we have looked good is when McAteer received the ball early and quickly. 

• Like 1

We desperately needed a complete rebuild, with the vast majority of these players moved on and it looks like we aren't going to get that. Can't see us achieving anything with these mercenaries from last season, they just aren't going to have the right mentality.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The scoreline is brutal, but this is the nature of this style of play, and also part of the development and learning for the team. Liverpool are a high-pressing team that look to force you into mistakes with a counter-press. The style of play we are trying makes you vulnerable to this, they are targetting Winks and Ricardo and getting the ball off them often by swarming them. They have been playing like this, or variations of it since 2016.

If we beat their press, it opens up their team and there are tons of spaces in behind. That's where our chances come from. But it's a high-risk game, because if it goes wrong, they get chances too. They have the better players, with more experience and are more clinical.

Let's see what the team looks like and plays like when we get to the mid-way point of the season. Honestly it will take at least one whole year to fully adjust to this style of play, and that's with a finalised squad, which we don't have yet.

I predict if we keep in contention of the play offs we'll be doing well, maybe I'm a pint half empty, but I think there's so much to sort out, we should be looking at 4/6 windows

2 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Patson ‘Tear up the Championship’ Daka

He is playing Liverpool, a side that won the Champions League not long ago, in fairness. Although I think he’ll struggle with his lack of general technical ability.

Edited by Beechey

That was a good first 25 minutes and that is the vision Enzo has. I'm more than happy with that.  This is about minutes in legs and getting used to this new system.  I don't think the scoreline reflects the play so let's be positive. Enzo is taking this club the right way. The players are on board and they all just need a bit of time. Let's give them that! This is Liverpool who are fielding a strong team, we have starters not playing....

Edited by Hales
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

The manager, the change of tactics should help with confidence. Was always going to be a test today but they will take some confidence out how they have got in behind Liverpool a few times. 

Pretty sure the damage of what is now happening defensively and proof of how weak our mentality still is will have more of an impact than 20 minutes of promising football, but fingers crossed you are right. 🙏 

Guest Col city fan

Don’t base anything on the outcome of this game.

It’s a friendly, we’re trying to build again, fitness levels will be suspect at present and we ARE now a Championship club.

Personally, I give it till at least Christmas before we know whether the new manager is the right manager, or not.

Just now, Foxin_Mad said:

So from this we can deduce we need approximately 7 new players. Great work from the clubs leadership team, its clear lessons were well a truly learnt! *****

well we won't be playing Liverpool every week and I expect the starting line will be different to what we seen today.

I don't want to see Castange or Vester in the starting 11 though terrible players

2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

So from this we can deduce we need approximately 7 new players. Great work from the clubs leadership team, its clear lessons were well a truly learnt! *****

Has the transfer window closed? Why did no one tell me?

We’ve playing against a PL team having lost Tielemans, Maddison and Barnes from last year. Replaced them with Harry f*****g Winks.

Of course we’re getting battered. We would be if Liverpool played their youth team.

The manager and tactics are totally irrelevant.

3 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

The Liverpool press is impressive. They've plugged the hole in their midfield and look much better for it. We won't face a press anything like this in any of the 46 league games we play.

Another reason this friendly is ridiculous, but you are right.

• Like 3