Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Leicester Vs Liverpool - Match Thread KO 10:00 UK Time

Enzo will learn more about his squad & what’s required from this game than smashing Oxford or Cambridge 6:0 

Those waffling about confidence will Liverpool think they will now win the league because they have beaten Leicester 4:0?

Again smashing 6 past Oxford won’t put that much confidence juice in the tanks of professional footballers looking to get back into the premier Lge.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

The overreaction on losing to a world class Liverpool team on here is terrible we have shown some positive spells could have scored 2 or 3 and won't play anyone anywhere near Liverpool quality all season

Good job the Spurs friendly got called off 

• Like 1

Vesteguard to quote the stereophonics " I have seen more life in a tramps vest. He has allowed a player.to come across him with no challenge and then  has a look between someone who has had a lobotomy or forlorn  hope the ball has gone wide.or.the keeper has done his job. Vesty you do your job!! (Sorry Roy Keane to nick your phrase).He is absolutely piss poor. I know we cannot force him to leave but I would put him as far out of the way as is possible. Before anyone calls me out and defends him, that is my view and it is not going to change.

19 minutes ago, Daggers said:

There's been a number of comments about posts in this thread.

I think it's important to remember that it's only pre-season and therefore the quality of the polarised opinions won't be here yet.

This period is all about gaining back typing skills and vocabulary rather than content.

We are where we are, it is what is 😂 

• Haha 1

Won’t go overboard with the pessimism but I do have concerns that the players won’t be ready for the start of the season after all the travelling and lack of match fitness.

Maresca doesn't seem to have any idea about his ideal 11 or tactics and this pasting will just lower morale too. 

1 minute ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

The overreaction on losing to a world class Liverpool team on here is terrible we have shown some positive spells could have scored 2 or 3 and won't play anyone anywhere near Liverpool quality all season

The question we have to ask today is “are we as prepared as we should be after this game for the start of the season?”

Unfortunately, I think the answer is “no”.

• Like 3

Just now, Bob666 said:

At least Vesty getting 90 mins in before the start of the season :trumpet:

I’m still amazed that he doesn’t dominate in the air more. 

I’d say Maresca will have learn’t a few things from this game. 

I don’t think it’ll have any bearing on next weeks result. 

I’m intrigued why Vestergaard has got the minutes he has, and Souttar isn’t fancied. 

Also, no Praet, VK or Faes. So what’s the deal? 

Just now, BKLFox said:

Enzo will learn more about his squad & what’s required from this game than smashing Oxford or Cambridge 6:0 

Those waffling about confidence will Liverpool think they will now win the league because they have beaten Leicester 4:0?

Again smashing 6 past Oxford won’t put that much confidence juice in the tanks of professional footballers looking to get back into the premier Lge.

Rubbish, getting a team gelled and in the winning habit is more important than learning about his squad FFS they are not unknowns, they are seasoned international and premier league players.

Just now, Sambiasso said:

Anything mentioned about the missing players from the squad such as Faes, Kristensen?

They're probably at some event celebrating the FBS partnership in Singapore, lile the lads who coincidentally were celebrating Chang while we player Port(O) Atheltic Vale United FC in Thailand.

Let's pretend they're injured or something though and not puppet assets of King Power.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, James_lcfc said:

lol

We somehow look worse than last year. There isn’t a single positive to take.

When are we allowed to over react? Just so we know… Christmas?

Because we are worse than last year. Our three key players have all gone.

• Like 2

Just now, The_77 said:

The question we have to ask today is “are we as prepared as we should be after this game for the start of the season?”

Unfortunately, I think the answer is “no”.

Maybe not and I agree the planning around this preseason hasn't been good but there have been positives to take from a very strong Liverpool team

Is it bad we’ve lost 4-0 to a good Liverpool side in pre season? No not necessarily 

Is it bad we look more unfit than a Liverpool side behind us in pre season, have spent the majority of pre season in a different continent where weather has meant games and training has been called off, and, that we are still in a different continent with less than a week until our first professional game meaning players could be jet-lagged? Absolutely 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

It's cute you think we would smash Oxford or Cambridge 

Guest Col city fan

I still don’t think people realise just how fooked up the club had become.

Its amazing (and ridiculous) that people like Rudkin are still in charge.

Financially we’d lost fortunes, tactically we’d become clueless. We had (and still do have) VERY average footballers on barmy wages.

This is going to take some time to fix. 
You can’t be as bad as we’d become and expect it to turn around overnight.

The biggest issue, for me, is clearly that Top is as soft as shite. I see it and hear it when I listen to him being interviewed.

Sticking with the regime that took us down is awful leadership imo.

48 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Mate, don't take this the wrong way, but are you okay?

If Vestegaard is the answer, what the hell is the question... but I do have a question involving big V. How many games have we won where he has started?

Just now, Tuna said:

Who knows? Probably being sold. I don't rate VK at all.

I don’t rate VK or Faes either. I’d lose no sleep if he was binned off.

Souttar I’d prefer over Vestergaard. 

• Like 1