Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Leicester Vs Liverpool - Match Thread KO 10:00 UK Time

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I know they never saw relegation coming and the Asian tour was arranged months ago but you'd think when we were relegated they'd realize they needed to get their shit together.

I fully expect us to still be shifting out players and bringing in panic signings at the end of the window.

You would yet here we are. Aiyawatt ultimately cares more about the PR than the team.

Edited by Dan LCFC

We can only hope that we play like we did in the first 20 minutes today against Coventry, bag early and then power through on momentum and the crowd's support. 

If they bag first, we lose and lose badly. Fell apart like a wánker's hanky after Liverpool's first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Bring on league 1.

Genuinely can't wait to come back and find some of these posts in a few weeks. 

Oh no, bring on League 1, how will we ever compete in the championship when one of the best teams in the world have beaten us 4-0 😭

I'm pleased we tried something a bit different and appointed Enzo, I hope he learns and adapts quickly to management because our squad doesn't posess enough quality to play Pep ball even in the championship.

After our pre-season we'll be under prepared for the start of the championship which isn't Enzo's fault and having a slow start.

It will take until the end of the window to move on all the players and get the team Enzo wants. 

I just hope the stadium supports stays positive and really gets behind the team and stay with them.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Slightly weird we still have the same 11 out there - if I’m Justin and castagne is playing in front of me or souttar and vestegard in front of me I’m fuming - the new players look decent it’s the old ones that look crap 🤦‍♂️

The worry is getting stuck with players from last seasons downfall that don't really want to play for us at championship level. I'd be happier to see us get rid of players asap that don't want to play at this level. 

• Like 1

Hopefully this is a sign to the hierarchy that these tours are pointless. Go for a few days earlier in pre-season to fulfil the vanity, but don't stay out for a week and it actually be detrimental to preparations. 

I fear it'll actually be worse next season if we go up... 

47 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

But on our day we could beat them and were disappointed to lose especially Liverpool 

What were you smoking? 

When we beat Liverpool it was a shock. Not an expected result. We lost 7 of the last 10 against them in the league.

Edited by ARTY_FOX

It’s pre season at the end of day! First 20 mins was brilliant. The rest was awful but let’s hope now they can shift on some of deadwood and bring in some more because we need it, especially attacking players still 3 short imo. Surely top can see this after this game.

FFS we lost against possibly the best pressing team in the world and when they sorted themsleve out after 20 minutes it was one way traffic.

No team in the Chamionship will do anywhere near what Liverpool can do.

So there's not many positives unless we count Team fitness levels have just got better.

So now we've ripped the Team to shreds lets hope for few more signings so we can give this season a go at least. :thumbup:

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

The insanity of this tour is underlined that by the time we have a chance to work on the errors made today at training ground, it’s Wednesday. 

The players, errors and tactics were the same as last season.the only thing that has changed is the managers name. 

4 minutes ago, Bilo said:

We can only hope that we play like we did in the first 20 minutes today against Coventry, bag early and then power through on momentum and the crowd's support. 

If they bag first, we lose and lose badly. Fell apart like a wánker's hanky after Liverpool's first.

Tbf Liverpool only travelled through the night, maybe  they were still half a sleep

Edited by HankMarvin

6 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Thing is, on interview, you can see Maresca knows we're nowhere near ready, how can you criticise him at this point, he's being dealt a terrible hand

I'm not criticising him. I'm questioning. 

There seems to be far too many who, again, have absolute blind faith.