Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Leicester Vs Liverpool - Match Thread KO 10:00 UK Time

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Hopefully this is a sign to the hierarchy that these tours are pointless. Go for a few days earlier in pre-season to fulfil the vanity, but don't stay out for a week and it actually be detrimental to preparations. 

I fear it'll actually be worse next season if we go up... 

I mean, it was clearly organised, signed off and committed to financially before we were relegated with the view that we'd be coming back with plenty of time to prepare before the PL season kicked off. Annoying, but it is what it is. 

• Like 2

Get one or two more in this week and hopefully we can stay in touch with the leaders for the first 10 or more games an build into the season.

We won't walk this league but, hopefully if we make the right additions we can have a good season.

Lots of work to do tho.

6 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Very hard to draw any conclusions from the game itself, given the level of the opposition. Final game of a poorly thought out pre season, but we're seeing patterns of how we're going to play. I like that we're not afraid to use the direct option if needed.

Some of the player selections do worry me. Souttar seemingly never going to get a game here. Ricardo at LB when there are options on the bench. Our best chances falling to Wilf. There's a ton of work to do before the window closes but I'm not sure we're currently setting up to maximise the resources available to us.

Ricardo was a left back to deal with salah and did a decent job of it that was the right decision 

1 minute ago, indierich06 said:

I mean, it was clearly organised, signed off and committed to financially before we were relegated with the view that we'd be coming back with plenty of time to prepare before the PL season kicked off. Annoying, but it is what it is. 

Should have been canned the moment we were relegated then? 

• Like 2

Still don’t think Enzo knows his first 11 plus some of last seasons regulars still look like they want out . 
    Let’s see what happens this time next week that should give us a better idea just hope it’s not like today . 

• Like 1

I get it was a friendly but I didn’t see anything from Ndidi or Castagne in that game to suggest their alarming slump in form (and effort) has stopped.Vestergaard playing the full 90 is a real worry too, he demonstrated all of his fallibilities in that match.

Not sure what to make of the second half 

Liverpool’s ‘second string’ were clearly keen to make an impression and pressed better than the first half - and we tired markedly in the conditions (hopefully that rather than a lack of fitness/desire) 

we certainly missed squad depth with those unable to feature 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Hermansen

Castange

Faes

Doyle

Ricardo

Winks

KDH

Ndidi

Albrighton

Vardy

McAteer

Iverson

Vesty

Justin

Choudary

Kel

Daka

Soumare

Mavadidi

Thomas

;) I'll take a bet on anything, especially at those odds lol

Those odds :), free bet.

Just now, StanSP said:

Yeah, just write all that money off I guess. Flights, hotels, contracts with sponsors and other teams - just bin it all so we can stick 6 past Hinckley away and feel warm and fuzzy inside. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Do you know how much we are making from it and if there are any financial penalties if we withdraw?

With that information it impossible to day whether that was possible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Do you know how much we are making from it and if there are any financial penalties if we withdraw?

Depends how much you think it's worth selling preparation for a season for. I'm about 90% sure it'll be less than it's worth.

We have just played one of the strongest club sides in England/Europe and we are in the championship, this does define our season. Yeah we got beat 4-0 not really sure what people expected given the outgoings to date and the incomings we have been able to make. We are in transition and the start of a massive rebuild this is not a sensible gauge. 

Just for a bit of perspective Preston lost 2-0 to Stockport yesterday, the teams in the championship will be tough but they ain’t Liverpool so we need to calm down and grab a bit of perspective.  

the tour is a vanity project that isn’t the ideal preparation however from what I have seen, Enzo has already had a very positive impact on our play and fitness levels etc. There is no doubt a lot of work to be done still to shape the squad into a cohesive unit that will succeed under Maresca but the signs are positive.

The club now need to be realistic and ensure we move out players who are not committed, even if that means reducing valuations and give Maresca a fighting chance with players who are fully on board with the project. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'm sure another team would have taken our place.

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Wednesday is an open session at the KP 

Tbf could be a double session lined up; possibly a little trip back to Belvoir Drive? 

Either way I can’t see them doing anything major on Tuesday. Give these players credit as humans they’ve spent a good chunk of time away from their families 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, trooky said:

I'm pleased we tried something a bit different and appointed Enzo, I hope he learns and adapts quickly to management because our squad doesn't posess enough quality to play Pep ball even in the championship.

After our pre-season we'll be under prepared for the start of the championship which isn't Enzo's fault and having a slow start.

It will take until the end of the window to move on all the players and get the team Enzo wants. 

I just hope the stadium supports stays positive and really gets behind the team and stay with them.

Agree, just wish we had a Steve Walsh to find a gem.

11 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Genuinely can't wait to come back and find some of these posts in a few weeks. 

Oh no, bring on League 1, how will we ever compete in the championship when one of the best teams in the world have beaten us 4-0 😭

Oh this isn’t based on this one game, this is based on 2 clueless idiots running the club, you’ve only a week to wait and see what happens against Coventry but you carry on being a good supporter there there.

Just now, Corky said:

I'm sure another team would have taken our place.

Roma pulled out of their friendly in Singapore. 

Albeit after their promoter went bust of the Korea leg. So they couldn’t be arsed to all the over to Singapore for a single game despite the financial benefit.