Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Leicester Vs Liverpool - Match Thread KO 10:00 UK Time

I suppose in fairness we lost 3-0 to Liverpool with Maddison and Barnes in the team,  so I suppose if Rudkin can find a yellow sticker deal on a crocked winger or 2 and maybe some creativity we might be in business.

I'm worried by the strikers, Vardy is done, Daka is shit and Nacho might not suit the system. There's absolutely no creativity in the team. 

I do have belief in the manager snd tactics, as fans we need to give him time. If the club gave him everything we could blame him but the club are giving bent square pegs for round holes, is he a magician, I think he'll try! But it has to be remembered if we turn on anyone it's Rudkin and Whelean not the manager. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

This place will be in meltdown if we have the same start to the season as them as well

6 points from 5 games against Huddersfield (18th), Luton (3rd), Watford (11th), Hull (15th), Blackpool (23rd)

some are already on the meltdown after this bloody game:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

We have just played one of the strongest club sides in England/Europe and we are in the championship, this does define our season. Yeah we got beat 4-0 not really sure what people expected given the outgoings to date and the incomings we have been able to make. We are in transition and the start of a massive rebuild this is not a sensible gauge. 

Just for a bit of perspective Preston lost 2-0 to Stockport yesterday, the teams in the championship will be tough but they ain’t Liverpool so we need to calm down and grab a bit of perspective.  

the tour is a vanity project that isn’t the ideal preparation however from what I have seen, Enzo has already had a very positive impact on our play and fitness levels etc. There is no doubt a lot of work to be done still to shape the squad into a cohesive unit that will succeed under Maresca but the signs are positive.

The club now need to be realistic and ensure we move out players who are not committed, even if that means reducing valuations and give Maresca a fighting chance with players who are fully on board with the project. 

This isn’t meant to be haughty but what have you seen in our play that is different?

I honestly can’t see anything.  To me, the same players are making the same mistakes with the same style of play.  CB pings a ball into the feet of a marked midfielder, returns it back, slow side to side until the pass out the back under pressure doesn’t make the target and goal conceded.

When we get an attack KDH stinks it out.  The only positive was McAteer in the first 20 mins. 

Same mistakes from Castagne. 

If the manager only has one style of play and the combination of our players not able to execute it and the opposition working out how to press quickly, it will be a long season. 

• Thanks 1

We badly need some creativity or we're going to be easy to play against. Teams will sit back and watch us knock it from side to side until someone inevitably gives it straight to an opposition attacker.

In other news, if Vesty never plays for us again, it'll be too soon. The guy is a joke of a footballer.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

What were you smoking? 

When we beat Liverpool it was a shock. Not an expected result. We lost 7 of the last 10 against them in the league.

We expected to be competitive win, lose or draw. Not going into a match like a plucky lower league side hoping to avoid a trashing.

1 hour ago, Mark said:

We needed to get that winning habit back in pre season, whoever decided on these fixtures has ruined the preparation.

We beat Northampton and Port FC. That should be sufficient for confidence! 

:ph34r:

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

It is a training game. ****ing hell, some people on here need to give their head a wobble. 

Let’s see how we fare next weekend then. We know it’s a training game, but you still need winning mentality this close to the season. Wobble this 😂😂

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm not criticising him. I'm questioning. 

There seems to be far too many who, again, have absolute blind faith. 

How many weeks has Maresca had the players? At this stage all I'm looking for is the players buy into him. I want to see all players not giving 100% moved on, the players he want's brought in, and see where we are in 6 months, then I think we can make a judgement

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

We expected to be competitive win, lose or draw. Not going into a match like a plucky lower league side hoping to avoid a trashing.

We always set up to hit them on the break and nick it. We never went toe to toe. We weren't anything but plucky underdogs trying to nick anything we could as just all but probably 2 or 3 teams are. 

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

How many weeks has Maresca had the players? At this stage all I'm looking for is the players buy into him. I want to see all players not giving 100% moved on, the players he want's brought in, and see where we are in 6 months, then I think we can make a judgement

This is where the problem is. Rudkin has no ability to do this. He doesn't have the brain capacity of footballing nouse. Hes the director of football equivalent of demari gray! Until that chump is gone we are on a downward spiral. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad