Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Leicester Vs Liverpool - Match Thread KO 10:00 UK Time

6 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Not what I said, but typical FT response.

More like typical FT moaning about nothing.

You are moaning about people shaking hands and laughing, what do you want them to do?

Edited by coolhandfox

If anyone thinks that the team that we were able to put out under a new manager and coaching staff were going to be anything other than tonked by the team put out by Liverpool under their established manager and coaching staff then they need to take softer drugs or even no drugs at all 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

We always set up to hit them on the break and nick it. We never went toe to toe. We weren't anything but plucky underdogs trying to nick anything we could as just all but probably 2 or 3 teams are. 

Doubtful currently to nick anything. Anyway the far east trip was barmy but out of the way. Will have a better idea next week where we are

4 minutes ago, john ridley said:

The days of us being competitive  and beating Liverpool are long gone. We have to face the fact of what we now are

Funny, it feels like just a couple of seasons ago...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

We don’t have to play liverpool

every week and that’s the beauty of it.

Less than 4 years ago we genuinely had a 50/50 chance against these every time we played them. The drop in standards from the club, the players and the fans has been very annoying. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Yet with designs on a quick return to the top flight. The point I'm  making is that the decline has been so rapid it was not so long ago we could compete at the top. 

Not really, we have been on the decline for 2 seasons.

Even in 19/20 when we finished 5th we got beat 4-0 at home by Liverpool and in 20/21 when we finished 5th we got beat 3-0 away.

12 minutes ago, john ridley said:

The days of us being competitive  and beating Liverpool are long gone. We have to face the fact of what we now are

Tinpot mentality that has contributed to where we are. If our fans didnt have such an inferiority complex we might have been able to force Rodgers out earlier and not fall as horrifically as we have. 

• Like 2

Might be a bit crazy to say, but I'm very impressed with Enzo, look at the team we put out last season and this team here, that team was way way better and yet this cobbled up team put in a much more cohesive effort, he's drilled this system into these players very well, some (castagne, ndidi, daka, vestegard, Albrighton) might not be able to play it but I doubt these players are ever gonna be in the same team ever again. 

• Like 1

Just now, coolhandfox said:

You are moaning about people shaking hands and laughing, what do you want them to do?

Just do the usual shaking hands and be professional. Laughing in the face of a 4-0 loss isn’t a good look this close to season start. We’ve not been spanked by Liverpool like that for some time, pre season or not. Just worrying to me as it’s attitudes like this why we went down in the first place, so I’m probably being too sensitive to it.

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Not really, we have been on the decline for 2 seasons.

Even in 19/20 when we finished 5th we got beat 4-0 at home by Liverpool and in 20/21 when we finished 5th we got beat 3-0 away.

And I bet most of us went potty at the time rather than acceptance. I fear we are in for a tough season and promotion a way off. Would love to be proved wrong

Just now, Dames said:

Less than 4 years ago we genuinely had a 50/50 chance against these every time we played them. The drop in standards from the club, the players and the fans has been very annoying. 

Really we got beat twice by the in the 19/20 lost 2-1 and 4-0

20/21 lost 3-0 and won on 3-1.

21/22 lost 2-0 and won 1-0

22/23 lost 2-1 and 3-0.

So even the two season we finished 5th we were L3 W1 F4 A 10

5 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

This is where the problem is. Rudkin has no ability to do this. He doesn't have the brain capacity of footballing nouse. Hes the director of football equivalent of demari gray! Until that chump is gone we are on a downward spiral. 

so many unknowns/uncertainties at the club, club finances, contracts, players wanting in/out, transfer targets plan, and hanging over this it is difficult to trust the club as last season, and to an extent this seasons preperations have been shambolic. Whilst i love the idea of Maresca, I wanted Benitez as i thought he would be honest with Top about what we need to do to move upwards and onwards, maybe enzo is doing that, who knows

• Like 1

What an absolute joke pre season and schedule a quite predictable unsurprising result imo ! Yes people can say that its just pre season and a training exercise but if your not worried about the start of the season you must be living on another planet! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Just do the usual shaking hands and be professional. Laughing in the face of a 4-0 loss isn’t a good look this close to season start. We’ve not been spanked by Liverpool like that for some time, pre season or not. Just worrying to me as it’s attitudes like this why we went down in the first place, so I’m probably being too sensitive to it.

You can't be a mardy arse in defeat, especially in pre season.

• Like 1

Link up play between CB's➡️Wingbacks➡️CM's➡️Wingers wasn't there today.

If this system is going to work imo we need playmakers playing next to winks who will link these together, pretty much like putty. 

I liked what I saw today and Stephy will will be a key player. GK will be like Becker, makes howlers but his distribution was great mostly. Daka/Castagna needs shifting. I also can't see nacho working as a sole striker because he relies far to heavily on his left foot. Vestagaards concentration was awful when Liverpool upped the ante.

Praet should be in the first team if we have no playmaker coming in soon and we need his technical skills particularly in tight spaces and he is almost the only player we have who is good in tight spaces in and around the box.

26 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Let’s see how we fare next weekend then. We know it’s a training game, but you still need winning mentality this close to the season. Wobble this 😂😂

Have a look at Burnley's pre-season results, and where they finished last season 👍

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dames said:

You expected to compete against Liverpool forever?

There is a good reason why nobody without endless pots of cash have ever done that.

Didn't get to see the whole game, but the first 20 I did see we looked like we're "getting" Maresca's system, which is really good to see. McAteer surprised me in how positive he was, even though I've liked him since he first cropped up near the first team. I think this season could be a big one for him, and Maresca will like his versatility.

...again, I only saw the first 20 minutes though 😅. I've seen lots of moaning about Vestegaard, Castagne and Ndidi in particular. Can anyone (constructively) elaborate a little more there please? And how did Mads do?