Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Leicester Vs Liverpool - Match Thread KO 10:00 UK Time

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Really we got beat twice by the in the 19/20 lost 2-1 and 4-0

20/21 lost 3-0 and won on 3-1.

21/22 lost 2-0 and won 1-0

22/23 lost 2-1 and 3-0.

So even the two season we finished 5th we were L3 W1 F4 A 10

Theres a bit more nuance than just statistics and direct results against them don't tell the whole picture. From 2016-2021 there was a combination of peaks and troughs for both clubs which meant we could compete with them and during that period results up until 2019 were closer to 50/50 but the true capability of the squad from 2019-2021 was pretty close to being able to match them. Obviously we’ve fell off a lot since then and my point is that not enough people are disappointed by that drop off in standards. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

You expected to compete against Liverpool forever?

There is a good reason why nobody without endless pots of cash have ever done that.

No i’m annoyed that people just accept the complete drop in standards and revert to the whole ‘our natural place’ excuse. 

• Like 3

It’s pre-season. It’s minutes. We beat Champions League Sevilla last season at the KP. Undefeated if I remember rightly ? Yes this tour was the latest dumbass move by the rat bastards who run/own us but these games are minutes in the legs nothing more. Enzo is a proper coach who will spend the next week (as best as he can given the hand he has been dealt) getting the fitness levels up. Hopefully we can get one or two more in before then. 

Pre-season is all about fitness. The first month of the season is about getting as many points as possible without looking great. Nothing to be overly concerned with just yet. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Positives taken from todays game :

SFA. 

No gif or meme? Disappointing.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jono1604 said:

What an absolute joke pre season and schedule a quite predictable unsurprising result imo ! Yes people can say that its just pre season and a training exercise but if your not worried about the start of the season you must be living on another planet! 

We are trying to fill a financial black hole.

We are trying to rebuild a squad and have loads to still do. 

We have employed a manager with what amounts to pretty much no experience, along with an inexperienced back room team. 

In terms of issues, a few pre season games are easily surmountable, especially with the early cup game. 

I think you might be focusing on the wrong stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Good start but then wheels came off fast (sounds familiar?). Some good ideas and positive ag first but then we just got sloppy and gave the ball away far too cheaply and got ourselves unnecessarily into trouble (as far as I could tell because often it was off camera thanks to amazing production efforts from the tv coverage). 

I was a little disappointed that subs didn’t come sooner, especially for Castagne. 

KDH tried to do a bit too much with the ball - a bit like last year but I’m sure he’ll get that improved over the season 

It’s clear we need more attacking threat though 

6 minutes ago, Dames said:

No i’m annoyed that people just accept the complete drop in standards and revert to the whole ‘our natural place’ excuse. 

It’s where we are, so I’d suggest you accept it quickly also. 

34 minutes ago, john ridley said:

The days of us being competitive  and beating Liverpool are long gone. We have to face the fact of what we now are

We were not competitive in the premier and unfortunately I feel that we will not be in the championship. Enzo has had a month drilling the players into a new way of playing. On today's performance where was it ? 

15 minutes ago, Jono1604 said:

What an absolute joke pre season and schedule a quite predictable unsurprising result imo ! Yes people can say that its just pre season and a training exercise but if your not worried about the start of the season you must be living on another planet! 

Any planet would be preferable to the one you’re living on. 

• Sad 1

I thought the first 30-35 minutes was very positive. Mistakes when bringing the ball out of defence but that's pretty much expected when it's all fairly new.

The team look like they've been properly coached.

My worry if we don't look fit but that's probably because of this ****ing ridiculous preseason tour.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Not really, we have been on the decline for 2 seasons.

Even in 19/20 when we finished 5th we got beat 4-0 at home by Liverpool and in 20/21 when we finished 5th we got beat 3-0 away.

And you know what, other PL top 6-8 teams were beating each other 4-5 -0.

Or 4-1..I just can't understand the moan at anything fans, it's total lack of looking at the bigger picture & realising our present situation...We are starting from scratch..new idea & tactics are at developing stage & by the way this was L'pool who have the knack of finding new youngsters,mixed with quality new boys and experienced stay at club,winners and high achievers..

And if I hear once more,these pathetic negatives over pre-season tour, I will come over with spikes on my Porsche

( Wheel chair) and roll over a few feet of these pub corner moaning flat caps,who actually are so bad judges/pundits they just can't see it..!!

Just once,only fling once I would like to see a single positive encouraging post from this always the same group of wailers...

Though maybe I am Rabid,and my rants

OTT for these poor,right to an opinion trollers...or 5th colomnist forest fans..

To be honest this defensive set up group,I didn't see coming to start with...

Rather discuss such things,than so called ill fated pre-season choice..

Plus L'pool ain't Coventry/Cardiff/ Ipswich/ or WBA.... L'pool are one of the best for pressing ,checking sides in Europe..

• Like 4

Didn't see much of the new, plenty of the old. Trying to play out from the back, no where to go, give the ball away... Concede a goal from lost possession, concede loads more. We really are going to struggle.  You just hope against inferior opposition it won't be so bad, but this was Liverpool playing nice and we couldn't get close, after the initial stages of the game 

4 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

We were not competitive in the premier and unfortunately I feel that we will not be in the championship. Enzo has had a month drilling the players into a new way of playing. On today's performance where was it ? 

He's been hamstrung by this shambles of a tour. Going into a new season with a new philosophy undercooked and the most important game for most of our fans first up. All too predictable to anyone with a footballing brain that it would do us no good.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Dames said:

Theres a bit more nuance than just statistics and direct results against them don't tell the whole picture. From 2016-2021 there was a combination of peaks and troughs for both clubs which meant we could compete with them and during that period results up until 2019 were closer to 50/50 but the true capability of the squad from 2019-2021 was pretty close to being able to match them. Obviously we’ve fell off a lot since then and my point is that not enough people are disappointed by that drop off in standards. 

I'm just realistic that it's going on take more the a pre season and the addition of a few players to raise those standards.

This rebuild is a massive undertaking.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We are trying to fill a financial black hole.

We are trying to rebuild a squad and have loads to still do. 

We have employed a manager with what amounts to pretty much no experience, along with an inexperienced back room team. 

In terms of issues, a few pre season games are easily surmountable, especially with the early cup game. 

I think you might be focusing on the wrong stuff. 

I think in playing Vestgard the manager is focusing on the wrong stuff. Good grief what on earth was the point of that? And loads still to do? it's next week we kick off it's hardly a work in progress, is it? Face it, we are now away now a long from being a premiership outfit  and today show us all why.  Miles off it and I can't see us bouncing back. It was always going to be a gamble I don't like the odds.

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

He's been hamstrung by this shambles of a tour. Going into a new season with a new philosophy undercooked and the most important game for most of our fans first up. All too predictable to anyone with a footballing brain that it would do us no good.

Important for the fans...only.!!

This was just another a let's see how far ( in player- management eyes), how far have individuals starting to pick up & understand our eventual ( not immediately expected) ideas and tactics...

The fans don't half slobber too much,and actually believe their presumptions are correct and the right way..!.   I mean FFS it's laughable fans guessing then demanding their crazy assumptions have the highest priority and must be right & on the button:crylaugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

I was hoping you’d tell us :ph34r:

Nothing has been mentioned though.

I don’t think David “Y’Know” Nugent is in the stadium though, so doubt the questions will get asked. 

No info atm whilst my source is out the country. 

Don't think there's been any new links either in or out since we've been on the jolly.

• Thanks 1

I saw enough in the first 20mins and for short periods in the 2nd half, to be positive about our season. McAteer, the GK & Ricky looked good. Vesty, Daka and Timmy looked off. Ndidi made some good runs into the box, but I'm surprised Enzo didnt try Soumare in that role. Overall with the addition of Vardy, Praet and Coady/Faes and Mavididi we'll look better. 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Do you know how much we are making from it and if there are any financial penalties if we withdraw?

With that information it impossible to day whether that was possible.

No but going out there and having poor prep may have detrimental effect on the club in more than just financial ways. 

Obviously hope it's not as drastic as that, but it's not ideal preparation. 

Would love to know how much we're making from it though.