Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Leicester Vs Liverpool - Match Thread KO 10:00 UK Time

Just now, StanSP said:

No but going out there and having poor prep may have detrimental effect on the club in more than just financial ways. 

Obviously hope it's not as drastic as that, but it's not ideal preparation. 

Would love to know how much we're making from it though. 

100% not ideal, but it's done and dusted and we just have to get in with it.

It's going to be a long road back.

25 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We are trying to fill a financial black hole.

We are trying to rebuild a squad and have loads to still do. 

We have employed a manager with what amounts to pretty much no experience, along with an inexperienced back room team. 

In terms of issues, a few pre season games are easily surmountable, especially with the early cup game. 

I think you might be focusing on the wrong stuff. 

I have to do it again.

:appl:...and to just to show I mean it..:appl:

Another simple,basic truth ,that many fans are finding hard to translate into the present clubs truth & reality..

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

100% not ideal, but it's done and dusted and we just have to get in with it.

It's going to be a long road back.

I don't disagree. My point being is that this could have been avoided, even if it did mean taking a bit of a financial hit. 

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

No but going out there and having poor prep may have detrimental effect on the club in more than just financial ways. 

Obviously hope it's not as drastic as that, but it's not ideal preparation. 

Would love to know how much we're making from it though. 

Ask Enzo or any experienced manager,if it is/was poor prep. They get to know their new players, outside their cosy seagrave environment, on these so called jaunts😜..slot more if they stayed at home and played Warrington Rovers..& Leeds utd..A squad away from home pre-season,+ club honouring certain profi-promises...

Is a step too far for some fans to grasp.

Poor little souls...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marcymarc666 said:

Of course a pre season friendly is important. It gives us an idea to see new formations, tactics, players fitness and their confidence.

So if we'd have lost 25-0 it wouldn't have been important?

It gives us a chance to see players doing whatever they might been asked to do in a practice match. We don't know what that is, beyond whatever we might try to guess from watching, if we really wanted to watch for some reason.

It tells us very little about fitness and even less about confidence, because it's a practice match the result of which means absolutely nothing. Whatever the result is, it means absolutely nothing.

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Ask Enzo or any experienced manager,if it is/was poor prep. They get to know their new players, outside their cosy seagrave environment, on these so called jaunts😜..slot more if they stayed at home and played Warrington Rovers..& Leeds utd..A squad away from home pre-season,+ club honouring certain profi-promises...

Is a step too far for some fans to grasp.

Poor little souls...

No need for the passive aggression in the final part. 

I fully grasp the reasoning behind the trip. I just don't agree with it. But hey, maybe as a poor little soul I will never understand... 

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

This is where the problem is. Rudkin has no ability to do this. He doesn't have the brain capacity of footballing nouse. Hes the director of football equivalent of demari gray! Until that chump is gone we are on a downward spiral. 

He is useless but that is the beauty of it!!!

2 hours ago, Phil Bowman said:

This place is hilarious.

1. It's a pre-season friendly. Not a real match.

2. Unless they live nearby and never get to see Leicester play, why would anyone ever bother watching a pre-season friendly?

3. Absolutely nothing about it matters except whatever it is they're using it for, and we don't know what that is.

Totally correct, l wonder if Wrexham now think they are premier league standard after beating Manure?

Or if they think the result was worth the loss of their top scorer for weeks/ months?

The Cov game is the moment we the supporters will have a clue not these training run outs.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We have over a month until the transfer window closes. 

People keep churning this out. In June it was 'we've got 6 weeks', now it's 'we got a month till the window closes' 2 day before it will be 'we've got 2 days till the window closes' then it will close. The club is too slow to act to a slow motion car crash. 

It should have been a full clearcut of all these who failed.

If we aren't doing that we should have kept Dean smith.

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You can’t watch that first 30 and not get a little excited. This manager has had this group for what a month. He’s had his hands tied by a useless ownership/leadership. He isn’t clear on who will/will not go to war with him for 46 games. He hasn’t had his full addition of players. And has got donuts like Vestegaard, Castagne and Ndidi (in his case only 30 mins) to pass the ball like that against one of the best in Europe. We shouldn’t even be on the same pitch as them and for parts of the first 30 looked very good. 

Forget the rest of them. Back this manager. If after 20/25 games we are collapsing like that v Championship sides, I can understand it. This was a ridiculous game organised for no other reason but for benefit of one persons (undeserved) over inflated ego (spare me the marketing arguments) and that 30 odd minutes give me hope that when Enzo finishes cooking there isn’t a team in the Championship that can deal with it. Scrape a few results before it all clicks and let the revolution take shape!

Good measured post 

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We have over a month until the transfer window closes. 

If you really examined our defense today you would realise a month is not going to cure it. Look at the ease with which they scored, Salah had time to look up and pass it where he wanted. The whole defense was an absolute shambles. Both positionally and awareness of where the opposition was. We have a week to kick off and we look even worse than we were last season.Face it we are no longer one of the men we are the boys.

• Like 2

The fact that this was the team we’ve lined up with for the final pre-season game is beyond alarming.

My initial worries that vestergarde and wilf would be playing appear to be true and the rest… well it’s messy beyond belief. 

If faes and praet are off and these shouldn’t be surprises, why on earth have we given so many pre-season minutes to them. Particularly faes with souttar sat waiting. 

i’ve got the same rage hopelessness feeling that I had last season. Our board have genuinely messed up again, this pre-season tour has crippled any chance we had of hitting the ground running. The only positive is that the spurs game got cancelled and we actually played a semi useful warm up game where we weren’t being outplayed for 90 minutes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

If you really examined our defense today you would realise a month is not going to cure it. Look at the ease with which they scored, Salah had time to look up and pass it where he wanted. The whole defense was an absolute shambles. Both positionally and awareness of where the opposition was. We have a week to kick off and we look even worse than we were last season.Face it we are no longer one of the men we are the boys.

Have we ever been one of the men against Liverpool? We used to get some results at home, but I can recall at least 3 occasions where we have looked like a rabbit in headlights against them, even when we were doing well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedSoxUK said:

Letting in 4 goals means nothing? Most of this team played in the PL last season, yeah it's embarrassing.

No we didn’t have Madders or Barnes and the kids playing today didn’t have much input in the league, We’ve got a few new players incoming over this week by all accounts so we can fill in the missing pieces we didn’t have a leader on the pitch either to kick arse that’s where Coady will come in when he’s back !

The only thing I’m worried about is that this pre season we haven’t played many games to give the whole squad game time therefore not being able to show Maresca that they are good enough to start he’s only seen them in training, I remember the time we went down to Div 1 it was all doom and gloom then but we dug in and got ourselves out of the Schitt at the first attempt as Champions I’m not saying we’ll be champions this season I just hope we only have the 1 season in this damn awful league and I’m sure we have the right man for the job in Maresca he’ll put the pegs in the right holes to get us march onto promotion take this preseason with a pinch of salt it all comes down to the EFL Championship game next Sunday which I’m sure we will win and win very Well !!

1 hour ago, Jono1604 said:

What an absolute joke pre season and schedule a quite predictable unsurprising result imo ! Yes people can say that its just pre season and a training exercise but if your not worried about the start of the season you must be living on another planet! 

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Any planet would be preferable to the one you’re living on. 

July, 1604: "I am not of such a stock as to praise fools”, King James to parliament

July, Jono1604: pretty much the same thing.

Seems to me this is just history repeating itself.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

People keep churning this out. In June it was 'we've got 6 weeks', now it's 'we got a month till the window closes' 2 day before it will be 'we've got 2 days till the window closes' then it will close. The club is too slow to act to a slow motion car crash. 

It should have been a full clearcut of all these who failed.

If we aren't doing that we should have kept Dean smith.

You do realise someone has to want to buy them?

10 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Have we ever been one of the men against Liverpool? We used to get some results at home, but I can recall at least 3 occasions where we have looked like a rabbit in headlights against them, even when we were doing well.

Yes, we have and not just the champions winning years. 3 occasions is not a true reflection over the last ten tears.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

The fact that this was the team we’ve lined up with for the final pre-season game is beyond alarming.

My initial worries that vestergarde and wilf would be playing appear to be true and the rest… well it’s messy beyond belief. 

he isnt going to put out his starting 11 for next week out is he

lets be clear i cant imagine some of them will be starting next weekend