Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Leicester Vs Liverpool - Match Thread KO 10:00 UK Time

1 minute ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Yes, we have and not just the champions winning years. 3 occasions is not a true reflection over the last ten tears.

My point was yes we've competed with Liverpool in the last 10 years, but we've also been battered by them, even when we were on top form. They can do that to you, like others have said let's see next Sunday where we are.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

he isnt going to put out his starting 11 for next week out is he

lets be clear i cant imagine some of them will be starting next weekend

it’s pretty standard to have the first 11 out for the last preseason game. Maresca hasn’t hidden his cards at all, he more or less has put out what he thinks is the best 11 in every game. 

If we’d played coventry today, that would have been the line up. Hopefully it’s enough of a wake up call to rejigg it 

15 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

The fact that this was the team we’ve lined up with for the final pre-season game is beyond alarming.

My initial worries that vestergarde and wilf would be playing appear to be true and the rest… well it’s messy beyond belief. 

If faes and praet are off and these shouldn’t be surprises, why on earth have we given so many pre-season minutes to them. Particularly faes with souttar sat waiting. 

i’ve got the same rage hopelessness feeling that I had last season. Our board have genuinely messed up again, this pre-season tour has crippled any chance we had of hitting the ground running. The only positive is that the spurs game got cancelled and we actually played a semi useful warm up game where we weren’t being outplayed for 90 minutes. 

Glad to hear the same alarm bells ringing. You have to ask within a week before the kick of our new manager even contemplated let alone played Vestegard. I ask just why? in what way or shape is that sack of shit ever going to play in our season? if he is then I question why the hell I renewed my season ticket. this has got Soussa written all over it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

My point was yes we've competed with Liverpool in the last 10 years, but we've also been battered by them, even when we were on top form. They can do that to you, like others have said let's see next Sunday where we are.

Ok name when were battered by Liverpool in the past ten years when we were on top form ?

No surprise, we couldn`t beat them last year with our "best Premier league" standard team.

Saddest thing was very few positives.

I`m optomistic for the future but its going to take time to build a decent team once again

41 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You can’t watch that first 30 and not get a little excited. This manager has had this group for what a month. He’s had his hands tied by a useless ownership/leadership. He isn’t clear on who will/will not go to war with him for 46 games. He hasn’t had his full addition of players. And has got donuts like Vestegaard, Castagne and Ndidi (in his case only 30 mins) to pass the ball like that against one of the best in Europe. We shouldn’t even be on the same pitch as them and for parts of the first 30 looked very good. 

Forget the rest of them. Back this manager. If after 20/25 games we are collapsing like that v Championship sides, I can understand it. This was a ridiculous game organised for no other reason but for benefit of one persons (undeserved) over inflated ego (spare me the marketing arguments) and that 30 odd minutes give me hope that when Enzo finishes cooking there isn’t a team in the Championship that can deal with it. Scrape a few results before it all clicks and let the revolution take shape!

After 20/25 games, collapsing and losing 0-4 to FLC sides? We're favourites for promotion for a reason. I'd be stunned if it got that far, regardless of whether the board being hopeless can be used as an excuse. If their actions are coming into question to the extent that you'd expect if we were lower mid-table by Xmas, then their appointment of an unproven manager will be added to the list of complaints. Yes, their incompetence means we should have a little more patience with Enzo, but not that we should have more patience with the club as a whole when, in truth, we're in this mess in the first place largely as a result of patience. Additionally, if you're signing 25+ year-olds and proven pedigree, it does kind of indicate that you're going for short-term goals, rather than anything that requires a few years of circumspection. I wouldn't expect patience to the extent that we'd be happy with lower mid-table that far into a campaign. 

But in truth, a lot of errors can still be rectified. Committing ourselves to patience and faith in an unproven boss on the basis of 30 minutes in a friendly is as daft as reading too much into the hammering that followed it. However if we accept that things need working on (I do worry at times that some fans struggle to accept that either club or boss are capable of doing any wrong), and fast, then hopefully we won't need to argue over whether being 15 or 20 places below where everyone expected us to be is fine, or not.

It was always going to end in disaster playing Tottenham (if it had gone ahead ) and Liverpool. Especially with our depleted team. The worrying thing is we aren’t  ready for the Championship. We need some attacking firepower asap! 

Edited by wignalll2007
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

he isnt going to put out his starting 11 for next week out is he

lets be clear i cant imagine some of them will be starting next weekend

I’d say five or possibly six of today’s line-up will start next week. I’m one of those who thinks preseason games mean basically nothing, but I admit I was slightly surprised to see Maresca use our last preseason game to give fringe players some minutes rather than give our first 11 a dress rehearsal. I guess he must have his reasons…

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Ok name when were battered by Liverpool in the past ten years when we were on top form ?

Just after Christmas 4-0. Trent had the run of the city and we were flying at that point. Humbling defeat... few days we beat WHU with a reserve side then 3-0 away at Newcastle so it kept us on track. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wignalll2007 said:

It was always going to end in disaster playing Tottenham (if it had gone ahead ) and Liverpool. Especially with our depleted team. The worrying thing is we aren’t  ready for the Championship. We need some attacking firepower asap! 

Our defense is still the biggest worry.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I’d say five or possibly six of today’s line-up will start next week. I’m one of those who thinks preseason games mean basically nothing, but I admit I was slightly surprised to see Maresca use our last preseason game to give fringe players some minutes rather than give our first 11 a dress rehearsal, but I guess he must have his reasons…

If you can see it then maybe he should ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

The obvious one is Christmas 2019 - Leicester 0 Liverpool 4 in a clash between the top 2 teams in the PL.

Also autumn 2020 we lost 3-0 at Anfield at a time when we were again in the top 4.

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

it’s pretty standard to have the first 11 out for the last preseason game. Maresca hasn’t hidden his cards at all, he more or less has put out what he thinks is the best 11 in every game. 

If we’d played coventry today, that would have been the line up. Hopefully it’s enough of a wake up call to rejigg it 

it isnt always tbf, all depends on what the manager think, like im pretty sure Faes would be starting over Vesty, albrighton wouldnt be starting either, or McAteer, and ricardo wouldnt be at LB either

so im pretty confident that wouldnt have been the line up if we was playing cov today

6 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Glad to hear the same alarm bells ringing. You have to ask within a week before the kick of our new manager even contemplated let alone played Vestegard. I ask just why? in what way or shape is that sack of shit ever going to play in our season? if he is then I question why the hell I renewed my season ticket. this has got Soussa written all over it.

I made the comment a few times that everything was pointing towards vestergarde starting if coady wasn’t available. 

Maresca wants a passer in that role so that’s why it’s going to be him. I just hope he  knows just how poor at defending he actually is. Because we will concede more because of him than he will ever create 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

When we lost 4-0 to them on boxing day 2019 at home after we were on a 9 game unbeaten run that had ended the game before against man City.

Edited by Beachyboy

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The most worrying thing for me is that we've scored three goals in pre season all from midfield. Vardy has barely featured, Nacho hasn't done anything and Daka has been as expected. 

Worrying lack of firepower imo.

Vardy is done.

I can't see how any striker is going to operate in that kind of team, there's zero creativity, not one player who can play a defense splitting pass.

That's the worry. The club have had 6 weeks to address this, they have sold the only creativity in Barnes and Maddison and have zero idea who to bring in to replace them.

A huge failure once again on the football operations side. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

it isnt always tbf, all depends on what the manager think, like im pretty sure Faes would be starting over Vesty, albrighton wouldnt be starting either, or McAteer, and ricardo wouldnt be at LB either

so im pretty confident that wouldnt have been the line up if we was playing cov today

do we know why faes and praet were missing though? 

I assumed it was because they were off 

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Just after Christmas 4-0. Trent had the run of the city and we were flying at that point. Humbling defeat... few days we beat WHU with a reserve side then 3-0 away at Newcastle so it kept us on track. 

Dates please and you named one that I can't recall? You have to be more specific please.

3 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

The obvious one is Christmas 2019 - Leicester 0 Liverpool 4 in a clash between the top 2 teams in the PL.

Also autumn 2020 we lost 3-0 at Anfield at a time when we were again in the top 4.

What were the other results of those seasons at home ?

Just now, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Dates please and you named one that I can't recall? You have to be more specific please.

First Europe Season sorry I can't be more specific I can't be arsed to look for the dates. 

Another 3-0 battering at Anfield.. possibly the second covid season. Mane made fofana look awful. We were all over the place. Evans scored an own goal too I think?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

do we know why faes and praet were missing though? 

I assumed it was because they were off 

could be a number of reason, ive not seen any new transfer links with either,

probably to give others a go, to get equal-ish game time for all the squad i guess