Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Leicester Vs Liverpool - Match Thread KO 10:00 UK Time

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I made the comment a few times that everything was pointing towards vestergarde starting if coady wasn’t available. 

Maresca wants a passer in that role so that’s why it’s going to be him. I just hope he  knows just how poor at defending he actually is. Because we will concede more because of him than he will ever create 

If our new manager was going to be the next one to take us forward there is no way he would even contemplate playing Vestigard. you just know it's down here from now,

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The most worrying thing for me is that we've scored three goals in pre season all from midfield. Vardy has barely featured, Nacho hasn't done anything and Daka has been as expected. 

Worrying lack of firepower imo.

There's a lack of creativity in getting the ball to a striker at the moment. A lot of our better attacks have come from Daka or Iheanacho making the creative pass into the box rather than being on the right end of it.

The team is not complete. We're 3 players short, and that's precisely the 3 players that will be expected to set up the strikers. Left winger is due in tomorrow, and the right winger and second number 8 will be the current priority. 

• Thanks 1

Think Maresca’s got his work cut out trying to play the sort of football he likes with the resources he has at his disposal. But this was Liverpool, maybe it’ll be OK in the Championship.

The promising start quickly evaporated once they scored a goal and upped the press. We spent the rest of the match like whipped dogs, tail tucked under and piss running down the legs whenever they attacked, completely devoid of confidence. Don’t see how this is a good preseason preparation.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

People keep churning this out. In June it was 'we've got 6 weeks', now it's 'we got a month till the window closes' 2 day before it will be 'we've got 2 days till the window closes' then it will close. The club is too slow to act to a slow motion car crash. 

It should have been a full clearcut of all these who failed.

If we aren't doing that we should have kept Dean smith.

“It should have been a full clearcut of all these who failed.”

Says to me you haven’t got the faintest idea what you are talking about. You can’t magically make players leave, or other clubs interested. You get that right?

People are churning it out because it’s a fact. If the window closes and we’ve done nothing more, then moan then.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Verumex said:

There's a lack of creativity in getting the ball to a striker at the moment. A lot of our better attacks have come from Daka or Iheanacho making the creative pass into the box rather than being on the right end of it.

The team is not complete. We're 3 players short, and that's precisely the 3 players that will be expected to set up the strikers. Left winger is due in tomorrow, and the right winger and second number 8 will be the current priority. 

You could play a 100 great balls to Daka Duck and he'd miss 99% of the chances!!! 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

No need for the passive aggression in the final part. 

I fully grasp the reasoning behind the trip. I just don't agree with it. But hey, maybe as a poor little soul I will never understand... 

It's the constant grind & unneeded cynical pops at the club's every descision- that becomes boring,it becomes then too much cry wolf-syndrome..I might be more understanding but not continual whining ,every post 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Calm down and stay patient.  Sorting out last season’s car crash is going to take time. Fortunately having 46 League games to play, means you can have a slow start and still catch up.

Rudders needs to perform over the next month. If he fails to do so, then the clambering for his head will be very loud.

Relax, we all know Leicester tend to do things in an unorthodox way. We will come good.

A rare moment where we are in agreement. Except for the borderline obsessive Rudkin stuff the rest is spot on. 

• Like 1

Pre season and against Liverpool it may have been but that was a true horror show.  The score flattered us 

I would love to be optimistic about the season but there is no creativity at the moment. It just looked like Rodgers MK2 today.

We need at least another 3 in midfield or we can forget about getting anywhere near promotion. 

Can't see where goals will come from.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

And the return match?

We lost 2-1 to Liverpool before a 9 game unbeaten streak, then lost to man city and Liverpool after. Its basically our best premiership run ever, an we got battered by Liverpool on boxing day 2019, 8pm kick off I believe at home.

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Think it’s gonna be a long old season and those saying we were gonna win the league or ‘piss the Championship’ are gonna be in for a rude awakening, be amazed if we do. 

It looks that way..

Yet, I feel the players at our disposal - even minus 4 late window departures - a manager prepared to craft and sculpt a winning formula based the the players available (rather than impose a philosophy) would get us up with ease

I've got a bad bad bad feeling about this guy. I hope I'm wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

It's the constant grind & unneeded cynical pops at the club's every descision- that becomes boring,it becomes then too much cry wolf-syndrome..I might be more understanding but not continual whining ,every post 

I have cut down on posting stuff because its difficult to be upbeat about anything at present, I'm not suprised by the negativity around pre season etc.

I dont think the Championship is going to be as easy as some people think either bumpy road ahead its natural to lash out a bit.

27 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

If our new manager was going to be the next one to take us forward there is no way he would even contemplate playing Vestigard. you just know it's down here from now,

even more alarm bells are ringing when we have wilf playing the role he did today. 

He might be getting in the space but he’s got the least ability in our squad to actually finish it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Beachyboy said:

We lost 2-1 to Liverpool before a 9 game unbeaten streak, then lost to man city and Liverpool after. Its basically our best premiership run ever, an we got battered by Liverpool on boxing day 2019, 8pm kick off I believe at home.

And your relevance now compared to how we went on in the premier league then is ? you missed out on all the times we easily beat Liverpool in other Prem games. The point today is the sheer gulf between us now as when we were then. we could afford to lose to Liverpool and still go on to win the premier league. What you saw today is that there is no longer an if or maybe, we can no longer pose a threat to them.

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

even more alarm bells are ringing when we have wilf playing the role he did today. 

He might be getting in the space but he’s got the least ability in our squad to actually finish it. 

That's down to a managerial decision that no other manager has made before. That says it all. We really are in trouble. Our new manager appears to think he can turn silk purses out of sows' ears. Ala Vestigard.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

one match? I said within the ten years parameter you set ?

We lost 3-0 to Liverpool on 15th May 2023, 3-0 on 22/11 2020. 4-0 on 26/19, 4-1 on 10/9/16, 3-1 on 2/12/14, and on 9 other occasions by a smaller margin. We have beaten Liverpool 5 times in the last 10 years, but our overall record is w5 D2 L14, of which at least 4 of those were batterings. My point is sure we can remember the 20% of games where we have got a win but we can't then forget the 80% where we haven't. 5 wins and 2 draws is 33.3% very of 21 matches very similar to our possession stats today.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

I think in playing Vestgard the manager is focusing on the wrong stuff. Good grief what on earth was the point of that? And loads still to do? it's next week we kick off it's hardly a work in progress, is it? Face it, we are now away now a long from being a premiership outfit  and today show us all why.  Miles off it and I can't see us bouncing back. It was always going to be a gamble I don't like the odds.

Maybe Enzo has the nous to realise that Vestergaard won't be playing Salah / Nunez every week, and that he has barely played competitive football for a year. I doubt he sees Vestergaard as the long term solution to his problems but we are going to be playing a lot of football next season, so could be useful backup If he slots into the system. At times Vestergaard looked assured on the ball, and at other times very sloppy. But you can't blame the manager for seeing how one of his options played against some of the best attackers in Europe!

• Like 2

Missed any of it but I'm getting the overall message that we were good for half an hour and then capitulated?

Think Enzo has completely the right ideas, but we are about 2-3 weeks behind where we should be before 1st game of season 

3 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

That's down to a managerial decision that no other manager has made before. That says it all. We really are in trouble. Our new manager appears to think he can turn silk purses out of sows' ears. Ala Vestigard.

On his back already after 3 friendlies??? We really need fans like you.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

I think the vestergarde decision indicates to me that he might be underestimating the league. 

He’s seeing us through a man city lens, that above all passing is going to be important… which in a competitive championship… won’t be true.  I just can’t fathom another season of us leaking goals. 

if i never saw wilf, vesty or castagne again my life would be sweeter

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I think the vestergarde decision indicates to me that he might be underestimating the league. 

He’s seeing us through a man city lens, that above all passing is going to be important… which in a competitive championship… won’t be true.  I just can’t fathom another season of us leaking goals. 

if i never saw wilf, vesty or castagne again my life would be sweater 

... or a pullover. 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

if i never saw wilf, vesty or castagne again my life would be sweater 

Maybe, just maybe, Coady is injured, Faes wasn't in the squad, so he played Vestergaard merely for those reasons? Castagne was poor yes, but as I've said we cannot be judged playing Liverpool.

• Like 1