Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Leicester Vs Liverpool - Match Thread KO 10:00 UK Time

2 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

We lost 3-0 to Liverpool on 15th May 2023, 3-0 on 22/11 2020. 4-0 on 26/19, 4-1 on 10/9/16, 3-1 on 2/12/14, and on 9 other occasions by a smaller margin. We have beaten Liverpool 5 times in the last 10 years, but our overall record is w5 D2 L14, of which at least 4 of those were batterings. My point is sure we can remember the 20% of games where we have got a result but we can't then forget the 80% where we haven't. 5 wins and 2 draws is 33.3% very of 21 matches very similar to our possession stats today.

Yes, but perspective wise Liverpool are far from being recognized as the potent club they were. They are now recognized as being also-rans. But anyway whatever the past results it has no bearing on how poor we were today. we looked and played just what we are a are second-division fodder, with players to boot. Guess we were lucky in having lived in times when we did it all and we have that to always remember.

Need to radically improve if Top and Enzo are really determined to tread this tippy-tappy path to its completion. Can see Coventry mugging us next week and even worse sides doing the same further down the line. Time will tell but the performances  thus far hardly inspire confidence that we'll be steamrolling sides any time soon. The Thailand/Singapore trip has turned a very important pre-season into a complete farce.  

Edited by l444ry
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Yes, but perspective wise Liverpool are far from being recognized as the potent club they were. They are now recognized as being also-rans. But anyway whatever the past results it has no bearing on how poor we were today. we looked and played just what we are a are second-division fodder, with players to boot. Guess we were lucky in having lived in times when we did it all and we have that to always remember.

Liverpool were also rans last season and beat man utd 7-0 who weren't. They can do that to most teams even a CL team. Let's see what next Sunday brings. I'm pretty confident within 5 years we will be back within the top 10 of the Premiership, the 2 5ths and the title win our exceptions to the rule. Which is where we were 5 years ago bar one freak season, progress can't continue to always move forwards, other teams also want success. Sure we have made mistakes but others will aswell in the future.

Edited by Beachyboy

12 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Missed any of it but I'm getting the overall message that we were good for half an hour and then capitulated?

Think Enzo has completely the right ideas, but we are about 2-3 weeks behind where we should be before 1st game of season 

Yes we looked good for the first half hour and might have scored a couple. Should have switched off at that point.

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I think the vestergarde decision indicates to me that he might be underestimating the league. 

He’s seeing us through a man city lens, that above all passing is going to be important… which in a competitive championship… won’t be true.  I just can’t fathom another season of us leaking goals. 

if i never saw wilf, vesty or castagne again my life would be sweeter

Agreed . He has absolutely no idea of what is required at this level to get us back up. Playing these standards of playing tells me that. Whatever you say about the managers we passed over for the job they knew what it required. He has no experience outside of using anything other than top standard players

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

No they aren't. Last 10 games of the PL they were only beaten one point by Man City. They come into this season following some of the best form from the tail end of last. They really struggled the first half of last season but i don't know anyone who recognises Liverpool as also rans. I think they go into next season with a very strong side.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

It's the constant grind & unneeded cynical pops at the club's every descision- that becomes boring,it becomes then too much cry wolf-syndrome..I might be more understanding but not continual whining ,every post 

I'm personally not constantly grinding at the club. There are far more worse than I! 

8 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Maybe, just maybe, Coady is injured, Faes wasn't in the squad, so he played Vestergaard merely for those reasons? Castagne was poor yes, but as I've said we cannot be judged playing Liverpool.

Not sure why Souttar is getting frozen out. I’d prefer him to Vesty.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beachyboy said:

Liverpool were also rans last season and beat man utd 7-0 who weren't. They can do that to most teams even a CL team. Let's see what next Sunday brings. I'm pretty confident within 5 years we will be back within the top 10 of the Premiership, the 2 5ths and the title win our exceptions to the rule.

You will never know how much I would love to think you are right and I am wrong. You love your city and long may that stay with you because it still does with me. Beach boy salute !

6 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

No they aren't. Last 10 games of the PL they were only beaten one point by Man City. They come into this season following some of the best form from the tail end of last. They really struggled the first half of last season but i don't know anyone who recognises Liverpool as also rans. I think they go into next season with a very strong side.

Go down to the bookies and see what price you get for the team that had won the Prem only once then. you're welcome.

10 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

You will never know how much I would love to think you are right and I am wrong. You love your city and long may that stay with you because it still does with me. Beach boy salute !

Enzo brings a plan and hope something we haven't had for 2 years. Top will be patient when it doesn't work straight away which it won't, so will I, I do have my doubts on whether the majority will show a bit of patience. This guy speaks about winning as well as all the possession stuff, Rogers was that slimeball every organisation has that's looking to lick ass and climb the ladder with no other thought for anybody but himself, we finally have a leader again, an leaders can lead when it's raining as well as when the sun is shining.

Edited by Beachyboy

In case anyone has a short memory, this lot hammered us 3-0 at home less than 3 months ago when we were supposedly fighting for our premier league lives with a team containing Evans, Madders, Barnes and Youri, fast forward to now, all those have gone and the squad is being built to compete for the championship and then to progress back into a premier league side, please can we have some perspective. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Maybe, just maybe, Coady is injured, Faes wasn't in the squad, so he played Vestergaard merely for those reasons? Castagne was poor yes, but as I've said we cannot be judged playing Liverpool.

Maresca has clearly designated positions for certain players. It looks like coady has one role with vestergarde as cover.

Souttar is looking so far down the pecking order i’m not sure when he’ll get a shot.  But not sure he’s considered for the ball playing central defender role 

Edited by Lambert09

We’re 3 players, a Coady recovery and some more fitness away. 

Hermansen

Ricardo

New CB (not got a suggestion but a pacey one)

Coady

Doyle

Winks

New CM (Hamer?)

KDH

New RW (Palmer?)

Daka/Kel/Varda

Mavididi

We would need another winger on top for the bench I think. Possibly another CM too if Praet leaves.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Agreed . He has absolutely no idea of what is required at this level to get us back up. Playing these standards of playing tells me that. Whatever you say about the managers we passed over for the job they knew what it required. He has no experience outside of using anything other than top standard players

I really have no idea what you are getting at. The manager has a vision for how he wants to play, and is using preseason to coach that into the team he has at his disposal. Liverpool was a tough test (even if you think Salah, Gakpo Nunez and Trent etc are all rubbish). Its best to test everything you have in tough situations to truly asses where you are. I think it would have been pointless to try and sh**house a counter attack win against Liverpool today as it would have proven nothing. He can't magic 5 world class players out of his backside - he has to work with what he has but its important he has a vision for where he wants to get to.  The rebuild isn't complete, but Enzo goes to the Cov game knowing how he wants to play also knowing that he's not going to be facing one of Europes top teams.

I think we all need to be prepared for a slow start. Its the sort of division where you won't win it but peaking too soon. Its definitely a Marathon and squad depth will actually be important over the corse of the season. If Enzo thinks Vesty has a job to play against sides that are likely to sit back against us then he has that at his disposal. Or he might come out of today not wanting him anywhere near the team again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

In case anyone has a short memory, this lot hammered us 3-0 at home less than 3 months ago when we were supposedly fighting for our premier league lives with a team containing Evans, Madders, Barnes and Youri, fast forward to now, all those have gone and the squad is being built to compete for the championship and then to progress back into a premier league side, please can we have some perspective. 

or for context you can understand that this is just a pre-season game for them and they were barely in second gear. 

1 minute ago, Devonfox1884 said:

We’re 3 players, a Coady recovery and some more fitness away. 

Hermansen

Ricardo

New CB (not got a suggestion but a pacey one)

Coady

Doyle

Winks

New CM (Hamer?)

KDH

New RW (Palmer?)

Daka/Kel/Varda

Mavididi

We would need another winger on top for the bench I think. Possibly another CM too if Praet leaves.

Hamer and Palmer will be in the prem next season, we have to lower our expectations a bit. 

My team next week

Hermansen

Justin 

Doyle 

Faes 

Castagne

Wilf

Winks 

Mavididi

KDH 

Kelechi 

Vardy (hopefully if not Daka)

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

I really have no idea what you are getting at. The manager has a vision for how he wants to play, and is using preseason to coach that into the team he has at his disposal. Liverpool was a tough test (even if you think Salah, Gakpo Nunez and Trent etc are all rubbish). Its best to test everything you have in tough situations to truly asses where you are. I think it would have been pointless to try and sh**house a counter attack win against Liverpool today as it would have proven nothing. He can't magic 5 world class players out of his backside - he has to work with what he has but its important he has a vision for where he wants to get to.  The rebuild isn't complete, but Enzo goes to the Cov game knowing how he wants to play also knowing that he's not going to be facing one of Europes top teams.

I think we all need to be prepared for a slow start. Its the sort of division where you won't win it but peaking too soon. Its definitely a Marathon and squad depth will actually be important over the corse of the season. If Enzo thinks Vesty has a job to play against sides that are likely to sit back against us then he has that at his disposal. Or he might come out of today not wanting him anywhere near the team again.

Don't know why you bothered with such a long response, the guy is clearly missing a few screws, and seems extra salty we lost a pre season kick around. 

Basically you can't try and play football because the championship is full of big scary men and our new manager should already be sacked for trying to play football and starting Vestergaard.

18 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

You are one of those fans that are desperate for it to go wrong, hate the board, hate Rodgers, hate filbert, hate Chang beer the lot. There are plenty of them about. 

Must be so desperately depressing to be like that on a daily basis. 

• Like 2

Just now, WigstonWanderer said:

What was the verdict on McAteer’s performance? I thought he showed some promise and clearly has some pace. Decision making was suspect.

Very promising. I feel he will have a big season. He can beat a man and has great work rate. He will learn the more he plays, but very promising so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1