Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Leicester Vs Liverpool - Match Thread KO 10:00 UK Time

I’ll put my tin hat on but I thought there were some positives - Mcateer looked sharp and is like a new signing. Mads in goal played well and his distribution looks a level or two above what we’ve had and there was definitely evidence of a good team in there in the first 20/25 minutes. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Go down to the bookies and see what price you get for the team that had won the Prem only once then. you're welcome.

I dont bet - so couldn't care less. But you are implying that anyone other than Man City is an 'also ran'. In terms of a team quality, thats nonsense, and I would be shocked if they weren't knocking on top 2/3 next season. A quick check shows me as Liverpool 3rd favourites. They will be winning a lot of games next year. Think you just need to calm down a little.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

We’re 3 players, a Coady recovery and some more fitness away. 

Hermansen

Ricardo

New CB (not got a suggestion but a pacey one)

Coady

Doyle

Winks

New CM (Hamer?)

KDH

New RW (Palmer?)

Daka/Kel/Varda

Mavididi

We would need another winger on top for the bench I think. Possibly another CM too if Praet leaves.

I think that CB next to Coady is JJ, which will suit his game when transitioning to a three at the back. I do like Souttar though

Edited by scinnell

Just now, Tommy G said:

You are one of those fans that are desperate for it to go wrong, hate the board, hate Rodgers, hate filbert, hate Chang beer the lot. There are plenty of them about. 

Must be so desperately depressing to be like that on a daily basis. 

There are that's why I found it so refreshing to hear Striderhiryu on beyond the 90 recently. The ones that are more positive need to be vocal, if you are going to climb a hill it's hard enough anyway, if two people get on your back aswell, it's so so hard. Let's try and persuade the negativity out of people rather than being critical. We all want the same thing a winning Leicester city.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Don't know why you bothered with such a long response, the guy is clearly missing a few screws, and seems extra salty we lost a pre season kick around. 

Basically you can't try and play football because the championship is full of big scary men and our new manager should already be sacked for trying to play football and starting Vestergaard.

Fair enough. I think i'm having to go through the process of explaining it to myself. Its funny, but me and my boy were jumping up and down for the first 30 minutes or so thinking this was some of the best football we have played for a long time. Then it went very flat! If Enzo can keep their sprits up and get them playing consistently like that i genuinely think some nice building blocks fall into place. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sly said:

The more I see of him, the more I think he isn’t the player we need to play this type of football. 

He has not offered a lot at all so far. 

I wonder if we’d entertain letting him go. 

Running in on goal he is fine but the way we are playing now, we need a forward that can hold the ball up.

27 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I dont bet - so couldn't care less. But you are implying that anyone other than Man City is an 'also ran'. In terms of a team quality, thats nonsense, and I would be shocked if they weren't knocking on top 2/3 next season. A quick check shows me as Liverpool 3rd favourites. They will be winning a lot of games next year. Think you just need to calm down a little.

think you need to have a little faith in the bookies. I don't bet either but I know Liverpool is not going to win the league.

31 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

You are one of those fans that are desperate for it to go wrong, hate the board, hate Rodgers, hate filbert, hate Chang beer the lot. There are plenty of them about. 

Must be so desperately depressing to be like that on a daily basis. 

Wow, that's a lot of assumptions there. I assume you are very young ? and not used to adversity and how to live with it? Calm down it's only a commercial.

1 hour ago, l444ry said:

Need to radically improve if Top and Enzo are really determined to tread this tippy-tappy path to its completion. Can see Coventry mugging us next week and even worse sides doing the same further down the line. Time will tell but the performances  thus far hardly inspire confidence that we'll be steamrolling sides any time soon. The Thailand/Singapore trip has turned a very important pre-season into a complete farce.  

What would you have us play? 4-4-2, lump it to Vestergaard and Souttar up top?

40 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I really have no idea what you are getting at. The manager has a vision for how he wants to play, and is using preseason to coach that into the team he has at his disposal. Liverpool was a tough test (even if you think Salah, Gakpo Nunez and Trent etc are all rubbish). Its best to test everything you have in tough situations to truly asses where you are. I think it would have been pointless to try and sh**house a counter attack win against Liverpool today as it would have proven nothing. He can't magic 5 world class players out of his backside - he has to work with what he has but its important he has a vision for where he wants to get to.  The rebuild isn't complete, but Enzo goes to the Cov game knowing how he wants to play also knowing that he's not going to be facing one of Europes top teams.

I think we all need to be prepared for a slow start. Its the sort of division where you won't win it but peaking too soon. Its definitely a Marathon and squad depth will actually be important over the corse of the season. If Enzo thinks Vesty has a job to play against sides that are likely to sit back against us then he has that at his disposal. Or he might come out of today not wanting him anywhere near the team again.

He and the rest of the supporters not wanting Vestigard would be the correct answer. You as a new manager should not even contemplate having the freebooting no mark anywhere near the team. the fact that he has played him fills me with dismay.

39 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I’ll put my tin hat on but I thought there were some positives - Mcateer looked sharp and is like a new signing. Mads in goal played well and his distribution looks a level or two above what we’ve had and there was definitely evidence of a good team in there in the first 20/25 minutes. 

His tweet suggests he’s going to be involved in the squad too! 

53 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Enzo brings a plan and hope something we haven't had for 2 years. Top will be patient when it doesn't work straight away which it won't, so will I, I do have my doubts on whether the majority will show a bit of patience. This guy speaks about winning as well as all the possession stuff, Rogers was that slimeball every organisation has that's looking to lick ass and climb the ladder with no other thought for anybody but himself, we finally have a leader again, an leaders can lead when it's raining as well as when the sun is shining.

Good post. I'll try to see the sun shining a bit more.:schmike:

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

What was the verdict on McAteer’s performance? I thought he showed some promise and clearly has some pace. Decision making was suspect.

Thought he looked good but I’d have him as one of the midfield 3 positions.

2 hours ago, Vazman said:

I have cut down on posting stuff because its difficult to be upbeat about anything at present, I'm not suprised by the negativity around pre season etc.

I dont think the Championship is going to be as easy as some people think either bumpy road ahead its natural to lash out a bit.

But not now going into a new season..

Maybe I am a guy that is easily willing to forget the past...but only when the button has been pressed to start the new beginning...

All or most of my working life ,I was considered and used has a troubleshooter, in mostly the everyday routine and or projects.I would step on toes,I would question the responsible areas,but there comes a time,for collective,holding together meetings that says,cross-swords and words have had their given period,now it's time to start and face either old challenge under different circumstances,or the new challenge with different prospects and aspirations,also mostly with the same teams or groups.

New goals,logical agreed targets,can suprisingly motivate ,rekick-start & rekindle individuals and the wider group aspirations,whether it's routine daily bread,or in development & small or wider larger projects...Even then one finds that same stubborn wall,but one is challenged to prove a new thought path is better than sticking always to that same negative narrative while/when approaching various objectives and next phase aspirations.

Also..quite often it can be an old idea,that can kick-start the new approach or path...Open minds & flexibility from all sides is one of the keys , that opens the box..

2 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Vardy is done.

I can't see how any striker is going to operate in that kind of team, there's zero creativity, not one player who can play a defense splitting pass.

That's the worry. The club have had 6 weeks to address this, they have sold the only creativity in Barnes and Maddison and have zero idea who to bring in to replace them.

A huge failure once again on the football operations side. 

Ok, you've made this statement/ post, now look at the whole situation again objectively, taking in to consideration the following..

* We are now a Championship Club

* No Premier League status to dangle in front of prospective new players.

* We had to sell Maddison and Barnes to generate funds  (FFP) thus causing the creativity void.

* I'm sure the club does have an idea of who thay want to bring in but point 3 needed to happen to allow them to fund new players and points 1 and 2 govern who we can realistically get without offering silly and unsustainable wages too.  

Relegation seriously does hamper all aspects of how we operate at present.

1 hour ago, scinnell said:

I think that CB next to Coady is JJ, which will suit his game when transitioning to a three at the back. I do like Souttar though

I seem to remember Souttar playing some excellent long passes in the world cup. He could be excellent in this system.

• Like 2

9 players gave left, we have brought 4 in, JJ and Ricardo making there why back to fitness. We have lost arguably our best 2 attacking players.

We have had 4 pre season games under a new manager before playing one of the best teams in Europe.

Add to that probably 4 or 5 players having a eye on leaving.

No a surprise we struggled.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

No need to put your tin hat on there defo was positives but this place is pathetic full of people who are desperate for us to do badly so they can come on here for a moan. 

I don’t know what people were expecting today, we got slapped by one of the best teams in the world, who happened to also destroy us about 10 weeks ago when we had a far better side.

The first 20 mins today shows the players have completely brought in to what the manager is trying to implement and with a bit more time in training and some new signings we’ll be absolutely fine this season.

But I guess it far easier to be a negative ninny and say we’ll be shit!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

think you need to have a little faith in the bookies. I don't bet either but I know Liverpool is not going to win the league.

They are upgrading their entire midfield spending + of £170m and are looking into a season long loan of Mbappe.

I think they are going to be closer to Man C than Arsenal will be. 

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Think it’s gonna be a long old season and those saying we were gonna win the league or ‘piss the Championship’ are gonna be in for a rude awakening, be amazed if we do. 

Even with my positivity,I think we are far off from walking into top 6..let alone top 2..

But I just like to be positively surprised and want to see on more occasions our chosen tactics & performances set us up to put in a strong determined round of performances moving into December until EOS. These are aspirations & wishes,we have to wait and see how reality serves us...

1 hour ago, scinnell said:

I see Souttar and Faes more than capable if Coady out at the beginning.

Vestergaard is in that position where he hast o prove to the fans, he is a good cover or could turn out to be a longer term fit/fix...

IMO I hope Souttar and Doyle are the 1st choice write ins with/without Coady. Though I still see Faes has that one that gives the manager that selection problem..Maybe Faes could play in that DM slot,or even Doyle...

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Think it’s gonna be a long old season and those saying we were gonna win the league or ‘piss the Championship’ are gonna be in for a rude awakening, be amazed if we do. 

Totally agree. Luckily I think some folk are now drinking the realist tea, after this last week.