Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Leicester Vs Liverpool - Match Thread KO 10:00 UK Time

53 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Ok, you've made this statement/ post, now look at the whole situation again objectively, taking in to consideration the following..

* We are now a Championship Club

* No Premier League status to dangle in front of prospective new players.

* We had to sell Maddison and Barnes to generate funds  (FFP) thus causing the creativity void.

* I'm sure the club does have an idea of who thay want to bring in but point 3 needed to happen to allow them to fund new players and points 1 and 2 govern who we can realistically get without offering silly and unsustainable wages too.  

Relegation seriously does hamper all aspects of how we operate at present.

Objectively. We are still one of the biggest clubs in the Championship.

We have had a creativity void for 3 seasons, the club have failed to address it which is the reason we are in the Championship.

With the current leadership I have no belief they can address thevoriblems or have a plan. The absolute calamity with 5 keepers and the Souttar and Kristiansen shows tge club has no plan or direction, they are just randomly pissing in the wind. 

I think a lot on here are getting caught up in the punditry comments of Leicester winning the Championship title, these pundits think they’re the oracle to all that is football knowledge they put out stupid comments almost saying we’ll walk this league are making them look rather stupid !

The Championship is one hell of a league and hard as Fuch to get out of we’ve been there before we’ve missed out a few times, I don’t care if we win this league or not would be nice too but the most important thing is to get out of this damn league at our first attempt I don’t care whether it’s 1st or 2nd but please not the lottery of the playoffs we’ve had that heartache a few times !

It is a worry with the lack of pre season game time the long trip to Thailand coming home a few days before start of season not knowing really if Enzo knows his starting 11 just yet but I’m sure first game of the season he’ll put out a first 11 that are capable of beating anyone, we still are being linked with a few more players to boost the squad and I’m sure Enzo wants to bring in another loan or 2 I’m just going to be chilled about this one yes it’s a fuching schitter of a tough league a few more games than the EPL but I’m sure we’ll do well and we need to get right behind Enzo and the lads straight from the get go starting with the home game against Cov make so much noise away sides will hate coming to the KP bring back the atmospheres of old bring back the  earthquake of Filbert Way show up on the universities Richter scale let’s do our part to push the lads on a new era to rebuild to get us back into the big time starts next Sunday !

Edited by justfoxes
  • Like 3

People need to chill out, we were playing a completely new style of play against one of the best pressing teams in the world. There is going to be hiccups! 

When it clicks I feel like we are going to be thanking our lucky stars that Maresca chose us… 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

We have had a creativity void for 3 seasons, the club have failed to address it which is the reason we are in the Championship.

With the current leadership I have no belief they can address thevoriblems or have a plan. The absolute calamity with 5 keepers and the Souttar and Kristiansen shows tge club has no plan or direction, they are just randomly pissing in the wind. 

We are in the championship because of a shit defence and not a poor attack. 

• Sad 2

Just now, Babylon said:

This is true to a large extent, although we have failed to really address the winger situation for years and have lost our most effective attackers, so that is now a concern. 

• Like 1

Everyone saying we had a great first 20 so it will be all fine clearly didn't watch us under Smith, nor have a clue how the championship works. We have had a shocking preseason with about 97 mins of worthy play and have a half full squad. Woefully under prepared is an understatement. 

4 hours ago, Basildon Fox said:

Pre season and against Liverpool it may have been but that was a true horror show.  The score flattered us 

I would love to be optimistic about the season but there is no creativity at the moment. It just looked like Rodgers MK2 today.

We need at least another 3 in midfield or we can forget about getting anywhere near promotion. 

Can't see where goals will come from.

Iverson,Ward & Smithies to resign on as strikers..

• Like 1

I think after what we’ve been through overreaction is understandable. I agree we do need to try and curb it but Christ it is difficult. 

The manager post match was straight out of the Brendan play book - yes we lost 4-0 but for 20 minutes we were good!! We’ve heard that somewhere before Enzo and believe me there are no positives to losing 4-0. Yes the opposition is top drawer, true we’re playing a new system - but it’s pre-season for them too and they’re a week less advanced in preparation (at least they should be). Once the first goes in - another two follow in quick succession and the game is to all intents and purposes, over. There’s a goal from a set piece. And our key defender is injured. Players who have no future at the club are inexplicably eating up game time of those who do. There’s a lack of urgency, energy and purpose at the top of the club. It’s all got a very familiar ring to it….

but, despite all of that, this is a new era and we must give it time. 

Edited by smudgerfox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dayday said:

I’m not that over bothered about today, not the best planning for a pre- season I get but I watched the play off final, and Coventry came across as bang average, even with all the upheaval we will be to much for them 

Unless they have a good dayday 

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

We have lost the scorers of 29 of our 51 league goals. 

Barnes, tiels and madders is a big big loss. Hell even perez might have offered something at this level. Not sure we've gone anyway to replacing even one of them. And the defence, this year, I don't think will be our issue. We're pretty strong there. Justin, riccy, faes, soutar nevermind the new boys. That's a bloody good back line at this level if they stay fit. But the rest of the team? 

16 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

I think after what we’ve been through overreaction is understandable. I agree we do need to try and curb it but Christ it is difficult. 

The manager post match was straight out of the Brendan play book - yes we lost 4-0 but for 20 minutes we were good!! We’ve heard that somewhere before Enzo and believe me there are no positives to losing 4-0. Yes the opposition is top drawer, true we’re playing a new system - but it’s pre-season for them too and they’re a week less advanced in preparation (at least they should be). Once the first goes in - another two follow in quick succession and the game is to all intents and purposes, over. There’s a goal from a set piece. And our key defender is injured. Players who have no future at the club are inexplicably eating up game time of those who do. There’s a lack of urgency, energy and purpose at the top of the club. It’s all got a very familiar ring to it….

but, despite all of that, this is a new era and we must give it time. 

I do tend to agree with you on some of the team selection,or are the club actually not selling anybody more,from the selected players..Don’t forget a lot of stories are actually being made up from various fans who are far too presumptuous on players

not fit for our requirements, as far as fan A,B,C are concerned, not what is coming from within the internal corridors of our club most gracious…I would suggest to many fans,stop believing what you are writing when making blind assumptions and guesses..Then confusion won’t rain on your parade,or reign within one own skitty emotions…

For example on any player,if I settled my own questions on player potential that they are 3rd or 4th choice,I would of put 3 or 4 players out in the mix,in exactly this game just to see,what is the best I can get out of them and their value has some decent short/longtime cover..& will I be talking to them this week,to say they will be getting dear John letters..

We can’t ,no sorry Enzo responsibility,to look across those 20-30 players and tell them where they fit in,if at all.

So they know they might as well look elsewhere. It is/was prudent that the new manager looks across all players available and takes in a small % of what others might add, compared to his thoughts…It would be unfair as a fan base to try and presume what he believes is the right approach..Like Puel,who first looked at the  whole squad and took also a couple of punts,who he wanted to invest in,and others who wouldn’t fit in as first choice,or at all.

Whether the fans think he has time is totally irrelevant,he’s taking on this squad,he is the one who will make the end descisions on those that decide to stay,if  then he thinks they can cut it…according to Messiah Enzo,& not what some fart on social media or club pundits might think….AND that’s what we actually want from a new manager…

I am guessing I know,but I believe he wanted to give the whole squad + special academy players upto this game before he made a descision on the remainers, who he thinks he wants to put up for first choice 14-16 players,  plus cover thereof..

& which ones he chooses has surplus to requirements…

Too many fans pushing the wrong buttons trying to force some sort of  descision making..

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
3 hours ago, Babylon said:

👍

3 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

One thing out of the way..what was wrong with the Souttar, & Kristiansen Investments,the club at that time would of known the restraints, some fans were still searching for that high quality sweet potato,the club not…

I still think even more that some fans were pissing in the wind on expected  incorrectly further club high finance player investment..

I believe it has been obvious to most fans during these 2 seasons that KP, after Corona were  financially suffering many of us plus the quieter fan quoting our dire & dower thoughts on the fact,we longer have that financial clout for OTT high quality investment in players also from the 2nd rows. Interest stopped when money was mentioned…Not what we wasn’t prepared to pay but Monies or financiers that simply were not available…and still some fans now are having it difficult that KP were massively taking an hit, % Thai or Asian businesses generally couldn’t ride the worlds economy compared to the oil rich Arabs.

This cost of living reality will be with us for the next 5-10 yrs.. Agents will be struggling to get those high prices from the 2nd 3rd row of still decent players or even bounced 1st row players…The money won’t be there…Bayern,BVB won’t chuck it out,PSG, wont have the same finances.The Italians have kept the romance,but not the financial clout. PL also rans won’t be feeding the agents with high record breaking transfers..Again either the massive clubs and ditto in PL,plus those with access to the Arab billions on offer…Bayern will be happy to close out the Kane offer & a few decent new & old face buys…Spanish also rans won’t be throwing money away…the Agents golden cow won’t be dropping so much..but still filthy sums to keep them going,if not the football clubs.. I expect some more 3rd -4th 9ld divisions teams could face difficulties in keep on going has fully Profi clubs.

One reason for our demise,and where I agree with quite a few of the fan base,has been since our title win,consistent poor descision making on player investments,related to our players we brought in has expected PL standard quality high rollers.

We couldn’t afford the amount of mishits the real top clubs could ride.Yes we also picked up some decent low key buys..

who contrary to some fans beliefs have gave us a decent service and return..

6 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

This is true to a large extent, although we have failed to really address the winger situation for years and have lost our most effective attackers, so that is now a concern. 

It is now, but it wasn’t then. I’m just addressing that it had nothing to do with us going down.