Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcbluearmy

Atmosphere/ Plans for first game

Well, that was more like it. Room for improvement for sure, but enjoyable.

Don't get me wrong, for that period in the second half from kick-off to maybe 5 minutes before we scored, we were flat as a pancake. It sums up the weird symbiosis we have with the team on the pitch - we came out flat and so did they, and we ended up waiting for them to do something to get us back up for it, rather than the other way around. It's hard to when they play like they did from 50 to 75 minutes, though.

Most of the first half, good craic from where I was in SK1. Not sold on the Soyuncu regen chant for Enzo, something about the fourth line with his name is just clumsy. Otherwise decent run through the songbook. Zombies in the East Stand didn't help much, but they had their clappers wagging along, so that's nice, I guess.

Cov fans had a spell after scoring (funny, that) but generally very poor for a 3k following. Considering they've been unironically bigging up how loud they are on social media this past week, pretty pathetic. Too busy making pathetic helicopter comments on Twitter to get themselves up for it, I guess.

No goal music! That absolutely elevated the whole experience, for the whole crowd, not just us hardcore fans. It was the loudest I've heard it in years when KDH bagged the winner. Please, for the love of god, I never want to hear that awful trumpet pop again during a match - it's cortisol for my ears.

Sidepoint, but while it's really more of a background thing, the matchday playlist was decent today. I'm a bit biased as it matched my own tastes, but hearing a bit of Stone Roses and The Wombats was a nice change from the usual crap we have blasted into our ears while queuing for a piss. I'm guessing we had some sort of contractual obligations to play certain playlists while in the Prem? I dunno, but if so then that's another thing we have more wiggle room with since being relegated, not least them throwing Wonderwall on at the end which was no-doubt a last minute decision given the circumstances. :P

• Like 3

Thought the Cov end for the goal was pretty good but generally expected a lot better from their travelling support.

Didn’t think the atmosphere in the Kop was particularly great.

Utterly delighted that the sh!tpot goal

music has been binned.

TIFO was excellent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Livid said:

Saw a few walking out with the honesty flags again. Maybe the message didn’t get across. :rolleyes:

A guy in his 40’s taking one of those ‘foxes never quit’  flags the club have given out numerous times off the pole and stuffing it into his pocket. I must have about 3 or 4 of those in the spare room already. 

Stewards at the back of G/H had armfuls of them. They'll have a proper argument with anyone they spot with them, the steward next to us was saying the club have specifically told them to use the words "club property" if they get any comeback.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maybes said:

Thought the Cov end for the goal was pretty good but generally expected a lot better from their travelling support.

Didn’t think the atmosphere in the Kop was particularly great.

Utterly delighted that the sh!tpot goal

music has been binned.

TIFO was excellent.

Thought the Cov fans were really good throughout - couldn’t have done much more.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

I didn’t celebrate the first goal properly I was waiting for VAR lol

I half stopped celebrating just waiting for VAR and the goal music to kill the mood. Joyfully realised neither were happening :scarf:

• Like 2

On 07/08/2023 at 19:56, SemperEadem said:

As of last night we have had around £90 come in on the back of the tifo.

We have been well backed this summer, the crowdfunder showed this.

However if you do enjoy them and would like to see me please do think about spending a bus fare or similar on them.

6 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Did @Union FS get any grief from the front of the kop for the display you held up in front of them? I know you have done in the past so just interested as to whether people had calmed the eff down about that?

Handful of messages before from one of two fans saying they wouldn't hold up the materials and one on social media after complaining about the banner. 
To my knowledge nothing was either said or heard on the day.

• Like 2