Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

John Ledwidge Leaves Leicester

So Leicester’s multi award winning head groundsman has taken a new role at Manchester City he made our pitch look so amazing, was hoping this year we’d be allowed to bring back our intricate designs as the prem were a bit uptight about our fantastic pitches designs!

Good Luck John on your new venture now hope we get in someone as talented as him !!

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-exit-confirmed-key-8644543

It's amusing to praise a groundsman for the pretty patterns he can make on the pitch. Like buying a house because you like the curtains. 

Surely he's well thought of because of the condition he keeps the pitch in, creating something that's safe and good to play on.

• Like 1

Had a good chat with him about 18 months ago and he was pretty honest. I questioned him on why the mix or grass and plastic we use compared to other Premier league clubs was different and why we seem to have taken the same sort of mix that is being used in NFL surfaces. Could this be the link to the amount of injuries we seem to get in training. 

He was pretty honest with his response but absolutely said there is no link with the mix of grass and plastic and the injuries we were getting. We use a mix or grass and 'slit flim' which is the same as Spurs a lot of of NFL teams. Research in America shows 2-3 times higher risk on this type of surface to pick up a non contact sporting injury. 

I guess there is a massive difference in the build of NFL players compared to footballers but its all well and good looking nice on TV or at Seagrave but we certainly used to see a lot less knee and ankle injuries back when there was some mud on the pitches. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Oldblueyes said:

Hope this decision is not part of any senior management think tank review. I for one cannot remember him missing too many penalties or open goals last season.

I doubt it. He's clearly well respected in the game (rightly so) and Man City have the clout and reputation to take him and pay him what he deserves.

Its a step up in his career and fair play for getting the move.