Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesWalk

Harry Souttar

Surprised his agent didn't engineer an escape given the circumstances. That said, there's a long season ahead with many games to play and I think there may still be an opportunity for him to play his way back into Maresca's plans. All depends on his attitude I guess (although I don't think anyone would blame him for feeling sorry for himself) but what we do know is that at this level there aren't many better than him so that at least gives me some confidence that he can maybe turn this around if he applies himself. 

24 minutes ago, westernpark said:

He came back to training a week earlier than obliged, bought a house in the area during the close season. I don’t think Harry is the problem, it’s clearly just one of those decisions that’s based on marginal gains, but is huge in terms of declaring him not part of our plans. Personally I think he can pass the ball well and is a far better defender than Vestegaard, so he’d be in ahead of him.

and a proper threat from corners

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kuredufox said:

Was it? Vestagard was under the ball and had plenty of time to adjust. Doyle had no time to react

Yes. Been covered several times that although Vestergaard is tall, he isn’t 8ft tall. The ball loops in steeply and Doyle was the wrong side of his player. 

It was actually a good goal. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Kuredufox said:

Was it? Vestagard was under the ball and had plenty of time to adjust. Doyle had no time to react

Definitely Doyle, let the player get goal side, Vesty had no chance with a standing jump and even if he had got something on it, he may well have got an og.

3 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

Definitely Doyle, let the player get goal side, Vesty had no chance with a standing jump and even if he had got something on it, he may well have got an og.

Vesty had nullified the jump of his man. He'd done everything right. Unless we are expecting him to mark two men? (As Rodgers demanded of chilwell when he had Mahrez and KDH to mark and then TAA and Salah....and the crowd barracked Chilly!!!)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

As Rodgers demanded of chilwell when he had Mahrez and KDH to mark...and the crowd barracked Chilly!!!)

I mean that's just the epitome of poor tactical nouse. Not only getting him to mark our own player, but getting him to do it before he's even playing for the senior side!

It's fxxking amateur is what it is!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I bet that he still doesn’t make the bench today, and neither will Daka. 

In fairness, Daka was likely up late looking at properties in Bournemouth late last night. I’m sure there were too many distractions for him to feature today.

I would be surprised if Souttar doesn’t end up on the bench now. 

Maybe they'll try to get him out in January. If he's a high wage, isn't really wanted by Maresca, and, as has been shown, has not even had a bench look in, he's expensive cover. But, there again, as has been shown with Vesty, there is always a chance to show your worth to Maresca (which he clearly hasn't as yet). 

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

ThInk the defence has looked pretty poor all season, awful finishing has saved us games. Think Souttar is at least as good as the other three

It's the system though. Exposed CBs with no pace. Souttar would be no better. Vesty and Faes have been fine tbh. Shame JJ isn't utilised more though 

Edited by sdb

42 minutes ago, sdb said:

It's the system though. Exposed CBs with no pace. Souttar would be no better. Vesty and Faes have been fine tbh. Shame JJ isn't utilised more though 

he's read the flight of a ball far better than Faes does, he also looked a bit quicker