Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesWalk

Harry Souttar

20 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

But I'm not disputing that Soutter isn't a good player - I'm challenging the logic of him starting in front of Vestergaard or Faes at present.

I really don’t get anyone that has this point of view… I mean I still see people clambering for Vestergaard to be dropped for Coady despite Vestergaard pretty much becoming one of the first names on the team sheet lol all 4 have had games this season and I genuinely don’t think Souttar or Coady have looked comfortable enough with the ball at their feet to displace either Jannick or Wout who’ve both shone in this system due to being very comfortable on the ball

Edited by dbtcity
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, grumpy old git said:

Look I stood up for Vestergaard last year when Rogers had him training on his own, every body was saying he is rubbish a waste of money, Now look at him this year everyones changed there tune now!

A good player does not just become a bad over night, its managers who have there favourits they make these problems. Now I standing up for Soutter he is just going though what Vestergaard went though last year with Rogers in charge. Soutter was a very good player when we brought him and he still is a very good player now again its just the manager who has changed.

We got relegated. Vestergaard and Faes both didn't look up to it in the PL but both look good a division below. Happens to lots of players.

Likewise I never liked what I saw of Souttar. And if Enzo doesn't rate him too that's good enough for me, we are top after all.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

From a Scottish rag. There’s been rumors of a bid from Rangers for a while now…

Outcast Harry Souttar will reportedly be allowed to leave Leicester City this month. 

Rangers appeared to be in the running for the Australia international last summer who has dropped out of the Leicester side since the arrival of boss Enzo Maresca. Reports south of the border stated that the Socceroo and the club were keen on a loan exit for the defender who arrived for £15million a year ago - and he could get his chance this month. 

The Athletic state that City are willing to listen to offers for the fringe man. He is currently with the Oz squad at the Asian Cup.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wild thing is, if we sold him for £10m this month we'd be worse off in this seasons accounts than if we didn't sell him. Would have to be £12m or more to free up funds to buy.

Loan him with an obligation to buy in the summer then?

Guest nathan.
3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wild thing is, if we sold him for £10m this month we'd be worse off in this seasons accounts than if we didn't sell him. Would have to be £12m or more to free up funds to buy.

How do we know it’s £10m

How do we know other players are sticking around?

55 minutes ago, nathan. said:

How do we know it’s £10m

How do we know other players are sticking around?

We don't, I'm just saying that sometimes the notion we should just sell unwanted players is actually not that easy. Balance sheets make for some illogical decisions.

• Like 4

We’re still in rebuild mode realistically and we need to move on the likes of Souttar, Soumare, Thomas, Ward, Kristensen etc on a permanent basis.

Even if we don’t replace all of them this transfer window, I’d rather have one of two players that actually aid the first team squad. 

We will be looking at other transfer for the summer, so generating space now for the long term, isn’t a bad thing. 

• Like 1

Souttar has played just one league game this season and observes that when the team is flying as Leicester currently is, it’s difficult to break into the team. “It’s been a frustrating time,” he says.

But discussions on his club future, he says, are for later, as his focus right now is on representing the Socceroos at an AFC Asian Cup. That’s a goal that has driven him to keep putting in the work, day after day, during his long spell on the sidelines in the Midlands.

“Knowing that the Asian Cup was always around the corner … it was always kind of just try and get yourself as fit as you can,” Souttar says. “Even though you’re not going to be playing a lot, do extra sessions here and there and keep yourself as top fit as best you can. I’ve worked so hard to get here, so my full concentration is on the next month and a half.”

——————————————————

I’m guessing he’s focussing on the Asian Cup and that’s it basically. 

40 minutes ago, Sly said:

Souttar has played just one league game this season and observes that when the team is flying as Leicester currently is, it’s difficult to break into the team. “It’s been a frustrating time,” he says

See how rusty he is today. Australia play India in their opening game of the Asian Cup  at 2.30pm here in Qatar (11.30 am Uk time) and Souttar is sure to be in the Oz starting 11. Expecting Australia to win easily. They beat India 4-0 earlier this year but have lost to them 3 times in the past (out of 9 games). I have tickets so will be there.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hackenbacker said:

See how rusty he is today. Australia play India in their opening game of the Asian Cup  at 2.30pm here in Qatar (11.30 am Uk time) and Souttar is sure to be in the Oz starting 11. Expecting Australia to win easily. They beat India 4-0 earlier this year but have lost to them 3 times in the past (out of 9 games). I have tickets so will be there.  

Please also undertake a detailed psycho-analysis of Harry based on things like: overall performance; body language; amount he smiles; twinkle in his eye; celebrates a goal by rubbing his hands together in a 'cash money' style gesticulation etc. etc.  

The please report back with a score of between 1-10.  1 being he's back down the Saff straight after the cup and 10 being he's almost certainly sunning himself in Saudi by Feb.  

Cheers.  

15 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Obviously I don’t know how he performs in training but to me it seems as if he hasn’t really had a fair crack of the whip during his time with us 

I think it’s as simple as Vestergaard and Faes are in the form of their lives. 

• Like 1