Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesWalk

Harry Souttar

13 minutes ago, hackenbacker said:

See how rusty he is today. Australia play India in their opening game of the Asian Cup  at 2.30pm here in Qatar (11.30 am Uk time) and Souttar is sure to be in the Oz starting 11. Expecting Australia to win easily. They beat India 4-0 earlier this year but have lost to them 3 times in the past (out of 9 games). I have tickets so will be there.  

We’ll await your match report @hackenbacker

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Obviously I don’t know how he performs in training but to me it seems as if he hasn’t really had a fair crack of the whip during his time with us 

you and your whips :rolleyes:

Edited by MPH

On 12/01/2024 at 16:20, moore_94 said:

Go on Harry, off you go to get that Saudi wedge

The tears from other Championship teams if we manage to sell Souttar to Saudi for a decent amount will be glorious

The Saudi gig is struggling right now.  Poor attendance at games & big names not happy ...  Apparently all teams have filled their foreign quota so space will have to be made before any more  big deals are made...  It looks like it will crash and burn faster than the Chinese League.

6 hours ago, gurru991 said:

The Saudi gig is struggling right now.  Poor attendance at games & big names not happy ...  Apparently all teams have filled their foreign quota so space will have to be made before any more  big deals are made...  It looks like it will crash and burn faster than the Chinese League.

I read somewhere that Souttar counts as an Asian player (not sure if that's domestic for Saudi but certainly considered differently to overseas players such as Europeans) and that was one attraction in pursuing Souttar.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I read somewhere that Souttar counts as an Asian player (not sure if that's domestic for Saudi but certainly considered differently to overseas players such as Europeans) and that was one attraction in pursuing Souttar.

Yeah counts as an Asian player which is helpful for them in the Champions League

I think domestic he would still be classed as foreign though which is why they are looking to move on Fofana - however the Saudi league is increasing the amount of foreign players each team can have soon anyway

No offense to the domestically produces Saudi players, but it’s like putting world class players in the second division. And Ronaldo is bleating on about how many goals he is scoring lol

• Like 1

On 12/01/2024 at 23:30, Ric Flair said:

Wild thing is, if we sold him for £10m this month we'd be worse off in this seasons accounts than if we didn't sell him. Would have to be £12m or more to free up funds to buy.

Including wages?

6 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Including wages?

Wages for the rest of the season would be what £1-2m ? Could possibly afford to take £10m for him and book the saving on wages to offset the loss but I presume we harbour intentions of signing a player who we'll book a proportion of the transfer fee this year + signing on fee and wages for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wages for the rest of the season would be what £1-2m ? Could possibly afford to take £10m for him and book the saving on wages to offset the loss but I presume we harbour intentions of signing a player who we'll book a proportion of the transfer fee this year + signing on fee and wages for the rest of the season.

Yeah so new FFP makes this more difficult than it used to be.

Guest Col city fan
On 13/01/2024 at 08:47, FoxFossil said:

£20m should do the trick. Could unlock a few more deals, if Harry can take a couple of others with him.

If you think we’ll get 20 million for Souttar you are living in a dream world 

2 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

Very much tongue in cheek, but given Saudi cash.....

Yeah but we're Leicester, we even struggle to raise a decent fee for some of our best players of recent year's (see Barnes & Maddison)

I also think we're the only team in the world that Saudi teams actively try and avoid paying even when they owe us the money (see Ahmed Musa)

3 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

Yeah but we're Leicester, we even struggle to raise a decent fee for some of our best players of recent year's (see Barnes & Maddison)

I also think we're the only team in the world that Saudi teams actively try and avoid paying even when they owe us the money (see Ahmed Musa)

I think it became clear why the reported fees for those two were less than expected. 

22 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Can you remind me?

It appears the deals were done early at a knock down price to meet FFP requirements (ie to get the money within the current year accounts, something that Notts F failed to do with the Johnson deal). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From and Australian Newspaper today

Towering defender Harry Souttar fears for his Socceroos future due to his lack of football at club level.

Despite his name being one of the first on national coach Graham Arnold’s team sheet, Souttar admits that will end if he continues to sit on the bench for English Championship leaders Leicester City.

The 200cm centre-back has made just four appearances, only two of them as a starter, in all competitions for Leicester this season as he remains out of favour with manager Enzo Maresca.

Souttar has been linked with moves to Scotland and Saudi Arabia, as well as English Premier League cellar dwellers, but is adamant a move has “not even crossed” his mind as he concentrates on the Socceroos’ current Asian Cup campaign in Qatar.

“My full concentration is on Australia and I think it would be disrespectful to the country, my teammates, and the staff here if my head was anywhere else and thinking about these other things when we’ve got a massive tournament here,” he said.

Harry Souttar is working hard on the training paddock at the Asian Cup. Picture: Robert Cianflone/Getty Images

Harry Souttar is working hard on the training paddock at the Asian Cup. Picture: Robert Cianflone/Getty Images

However, the 25-year-old Scotland-born Socceroo knows he can’t afford to remain inactive at club level if he wants to continue being selected for Australia.

“It’s not been great that I’ve not got match minutes at my club, and obviously I know that can’t continue if I want to be a part of the national team,” Souttar said.

“Any player just wants to play football so I’m looking at it as a positive that I’m here (in Qatar) and I’m getting minutes and playing football, doing what I love again.

“You always want to pull that (Socceroos) shirt on. It just gives you an added something.

“You’re running on adrenaline and you’re playing football for a different reason as well, which always helps.

“There’s always that little bit more of that something special in the air.”

The battle between Kye Rowles and Cameron Burgess to be Souttar’s central defensive partner was one of coach Arnold’s tougher selection decisions entering the tournament.

Ipswich Town’s Burgess got the nod for the Socceroos’ 2-0 warm-up win over Bahrain, but it was Hearts centre-back Rowles who partnered Souttar in Australia’s opening Group B clash against India, which also ended in a 2-0 victory for Arnold’s men.

“We’ve got four centre-halves, along with Thomas Deng who’s a fantastic player. I’ve played alongside him many times at the Olympics as well,” Souttar said.

“Us four are fighting for those spots. The training levels and standards have to be high to get in a team.

“There’s no-one promised a place, so everyone’s got to bring it every day, which again, just helps the team culture really.

“What’s great about this team is that no matter who’s picked … the support from the ones that aren’t starting is more important.”

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, v6rat said:

According to Goodison News,

"Everton transfer news: Surprise Harry Souttar deal with Leicester City on cards"

Let's rinse them and put em over ffp again 😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅

We won't let him go cheap to them.

1 minute ago, murphy said:

I Still don't think he's had a fair chance here and when he goes for peanuts we might end up kicking ourselves further down the line.

Problem is we can't exactly give him a good run of games because the two in front of him (Faes and Vestergaard) don't deserve to be dropped

• Like 1

On 17/01/2024 at 15:11, Spudulike said:

It appears the deals were done early at a knock down price to meet FFP requirements (ie to get the money within the current year accounts, something that Notts F failed to do with the Johnson deal). 

I'm happy that the club took care of business & avoided FFP punishment.  It hurts to sell on the cheap but better than the alternative.