Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesWalk

Harry Souttar

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

He's in Qatar not really the other side of the world is it? Also he could easily do a medical over there, if Shef U were serious they could fly someone out there in 9 hours

If it happens, do you think it's likely to be a permanent deal?

He won't be flying there and back in a day, and while I appreciate medicals are sometimes done remotely, it's not often for (relatively) big money permanent signings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

they supposedly want a loan with an option… which we don’t want to do. 

Obviously, as they are going down and won’t be signing him 

I doubt very much that Souttar would want to sign with Sheffield on a permanent deal considering that they are favourites for relegation. A loan could work very well for Leicester if Souttar can go there & impress

35 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I doubt very much that Souttar would want to sign with Sheffield on a permanent deal considering that they are favourites for relegation. A loan could work very well for Leicester if Souttar can go there & impress

they will always concede goals. It just doesn’t seem like a sensible move in the slightest and will damage his value, as it did to thomas 

33 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

they will always concede goals. It just doesn’t seem like a sensible move in the slightest and will damage his value, as it did to thomas 

Chris Wilder is a pretty decent manager who with the addition of a couple of players could shore up that defence. Souttar's value will decline sitting on Leicester's bench & at Sheffield he would have the chance to showcase his talents.

It's win/win for me.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Chris Wilder is a pretty decent manager who with the addition of a couple of players could shore up that defence. Souttar's value will decline sitting on Leicester's bench & at Sheffield he would have the chance to showcase his talents.

It's win/win for me.

When they last got relegated they were one of the worse sides the PL has ever seen, Wilder was responsible for that even if he left months before they finally went down.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

When they last got relegated they were one of the worse sides the PL has ever seen, Wilder was responsible for that even if he left months before they finally went down.

He really didn't have much to work with.  They were an over achieving Championship club with a piss poor owner.  Regardless of that I would rather see Souttar playing somewhere rather than sitting on the bench. Coady & Nelson are more than adequate back ups.

4 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

A loan no good to us, need to get rid on a perm 

A loan gets him off our payroll & show cases him to other teams . It a step in the process !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Why are people saying he would he be good for them? They're rubbish and he isn't great.

Ffs shhhhh :ph34r:

Let’s be fair though, they’ll be in the championship next season. He’s at very least a good if not very good defender at this level if in the right system/manager. He’d just been not in favour with Enzo.

It could be a good move for all parties.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

He really didn't have much to work with.  They were an over achieving Championship club with a piss poor owner.  Regardless of that I would rather see Souttar playing somewhere rather than sitting on the bench. Coady & Nelson are more than adequate back ups.

They spent loads of money, people forget that. 

I’d prefer him to play somewhere else, especially if we could see or get a loan which leads to a sale.

Surely just offer him on loan with a fee that matches the Sensi loan fee and a future fee that matches whats left in amortisation if they stay up. Get him in the window for summer