Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Casadei

Just now, Genesis1 said:

What's the chances we could get him on a permanent at the end of the season?

Depends on his development, Chelsea have a good season they may not need him if he develops well, or he could be good Chelsea have crap season and they decide he’s ready for them next season 

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Good signing IMO, squad is really coming together now. Lad from Palace and a few outgoings and we're about all set?

Shame Coady got injured, need him back ASAP.

Happy with our strikers? I feel like we need a different type of striker to come in. 

• Like 1

https://www.scoutedftbl.com/best-young-football-players/cesare-casadei/

Stephen Ganavas
August 9, 2023

Who is Cesare Casadei?
It’s hard to imagine Cesare Casadei could ever have envisioned the 2022/23 season he was about to have 12 months ago. The first surprise came with his shock move to Chelsea as he became caught up in the loan deal that saw Romelu Lukaku return to the Blues.

Date of birth: 10/01/2003
Position: Box-to-box midfielder
Height: 1.85 metres
Preferred foot: Right

Then came the struggles with adapting to England, being stuck in Chelsea’s U-21 team for half the season, before a January loan to Reading allowed him to show his promise, despite playing in a struggling side.

All that experience gained eventually culminated in some remarkable performances at this summer’s FIFA U-20 World Cup, in which the big midfielder earned the tournament’s Golden Ball and Golden Boot awards, scoring six goals in seven games, driving Italy to the final. We had him in our bespoke team of the tournament too,

Cesare Casadei's style of play
First and foremost, Casadei is a big boy. I’ve seen him listed in a few places at 6’1”, but it would not shock me if he is a bit taller than that. Regardless, that’s a good size for a midfielder, and he’s pretty robust both in and out of possession too.

His off the ball work is very impressive. He can eat up the ground quickly in defensive transitions and defend out wide effectively too, as well as showing good lateral mobility and agility to defend against ball-carriers.

Casadei’s physical capabilities are a significant weapon in possession too. His ability to crash the box has been a constant feature since his time in Inter’s Primavera team, and it was once again highlighted in the Under-20 World Cup. He dominates in the air, with a great leap, sense of timing, and then has the size and intent to beat his marker to smash headers.

The Italian can be a bit of a mixed bag in possession. He excels when he has his head up and is able to play directly as a short passer and ball-carrier; he glides through space when everything is moving towards goal, but struggles a bit more receiving the ball with pressure on his back, and always seems to need to take one or two touches too many to move the ball on in these situations, often slowing down the play as a consequence.

It’s pretty clear that his future does not lie as a deep-lying six or as a pivot; Casadei is clearly in that goal-scoring eight mould. Coaches should be encouraged to get him picking up possession in or approaching the final third as much as possible.

He always seems much more comfortable dribbling and combining in these spaces than he does further away from goal where players feel more comfortable pressing aggressively further away from their goal.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Happy with our strikers? I feel like we need a different type of striker to come in. 

i'd be happy with Kelechi as our main striker... I think he has the ability to come deep and thrives with players running beyond him...   If we have two wide players staying wide and midfielders running beyond, then I think he would do well in that setup. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Cass-eh-die, maybe 

...when he is in possession - Ca-sa-day!!!

When he scores - Ca-sa- daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

When he goes back to Chelsea - Amarteyyyy

When we sign Hamer - Hamer-Time oh oh, you can't stop this oh oh,oh ho..it's Hamer time.................

8 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Kelechi and Vardy yeah.

I think we'll sell Daka though. Not sure if we'll sign another one or slightly change formation, false 9 etc.

Still think a lot more will happen in the next 3 weeks.

15 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Anyone got a summary of his time at Reading? 

Seems like he has a lot of hype but maybe didn't do great there? 

From what I’ve seen (admittedly not a huge amount) they all seem to say similar, one of their standouts in a very crap team, improved as the year went on, but loses the ball a fair amount, suits going forward and attacking from deep, and they were using him more as a 6 than as an 8 like we would.

• Thanks 1