Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Casadei

1 minute ago, Bagworthblue said:

A more impressive retort indeed but it still comes down to "insults being the last refuge of a fool". Oh dear - just by quoting such... the irony and where it places me 🤣

Parklife

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Bagworthblue said:

Being in a similar line of work and regularly identifying business needs, running procurement exercises, negotiating  drafting and agreeing terms in what are much more complicated agreements than in football, I can assure you all that it takes time to get these things over the line. Whilst I negotiate very complex agreements  once we are down to the 2 parties, it's the tern6s that take time to agree. But in football, the terms will be somewhat simpler but with large £s at stake and considerable risk but....  you never have just 2 parties. There are 2 ( maybe 3 or 4 clubs)  sets of agents, lawyers and the player himself all with a part to play). After initial identification of targets, there will be 2 or 3 targets for each position identified and in sounding out availability or in having initial talks, some press leaks will occur and we may get linked to a player who is our number 2 target. This is a player the club will be monitoring but holding off on pending progress on the 1st target. That 1st target may or may not be released by the club. They may want to wait and see how their own cover is panning out, they may be yet to decide whether we are the best option ( if a loan etc). The player will have a say. He will have preferences and that may change based on pressure from his agents or other factors. As you hold fire for your number 1 choice, you see your number 2 target isn't moving anywhere so you decide to hold off another week or 2. But that number 2 targets name has been in the transfer thread for 3 weeks now. Things move on and number 1 target is looking less likely so tou restart talks with number 2 target and start to have talks with number 3 target. Number 3 target's name now gets leaked and a thread appears on foxestalk. It's been 4 weeks now, there are 3 names on foxes talk. Eventually number 1 target falls through or you decide its too risky to pursue as time is moving on and eventually you agree in principle with number 2 or 3 target, the club, player agents but only after stepping up commercial talks and getting to a rough agreement in principle. You then have the finer details, league paperwork, medicals etc plus time to pull together a press statement. In some cases, on day 1 , the club says a player is available, the player wants to come, his agents are no issue and it only takes a week or so to agree terms. But in many cases it's not that easy as so many parties are involved in the process and it only takes 1 to hold it all up. If you try to force the issue too early, you risk an opposite party walking away when a bit more patience was required. Too much patience and you miss your 2nd or 3rd choice. Its all a balancing act. Nobody  including me, can really comment on how well the LCFC recruitment team  are performing or otherwise. We don't even know 5% of what is going on so its all conjecture. Remember also, all of that is for 1 position. You are also repeating this for other positions whilst also trying g to move players out the club and having reverse negotiations. Depending on how that is going g impacts your spend budget on incoming. Its likely very fast paced, and you need to be agile and able to change approach on a daily basis. Whilst on here it feels like years are passing, I bet every day is relentless for those trying to do the business. 

TLDR?

So long... we couldve signed a player in the time it takes to read

Edited by ozleicester

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Tyler Adams to move Chelsea has broken down. Do we think this could have a knock on effect to this being announced? 

No. 

They've not even given Casadei a squad number and they're playing with the money cheats on. 

They're loaning him out, he isn't playing for Chelsea this year if ever. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, filbertway said:

At the speed we're going we'll have signed the 4th player we're after in January 2025 :D 

Signing players isn't easy mate, if it was easy they'd have just done it. We have to negotiate and sign contracts and talk to their clubs and make agreements and fill in the paper work. Other clubs don't just sign players. I'd rather get the right player than just rush. These things take time. There's loads of time left anyway. Maybe Casadei is just a smokescreen. We might have a busy deadline day for once.Besides we don't need all of those players on one window, maybe the extra 4 includes January. Anyway we'll have a whole window in January to add to the team. Maresca will know more by then. There's 15 days left in, what are you panicking for. We might have a busy deadline day for once. Should have done more in January.

Edited by Stadt
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Bagworthblue said:

Each response lifts my inner satisfaction. ( I think I know what's next) 

You think you're getting hassled cos you're old. @davieG is 105 years old. He gets FoxesTalk. 

You're just posting like you're an AI that's been jointly programmed by an 18th century villain and Johnny Vegas. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

You think you're getting hassled cos you're old. @davieG is 105 years old. He gets FoxesTalk. 

You're just posting like you're an AI that's been jointly programmed by an 18th century villain and Johnny Vegas. 

Who is getting hassled? I'm just bored and having fun to pass the time

13 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Signing players isn't easy mate, if it was easy they'd have just done it. We have to negotiate and sign contracts and talk to there clubs and make agreements and fill in the paper work. Other clubs don't just sign players. I'd rather get the right player than just rush. These things take time. There's loads of time left anyway. Maybe Casadei is just a smokescreen. We might have a busy deadline day for once.Besides we don't need all of those players on one window, maybe the extra 4 includes January. Anyway we'll have a whole window in January to add to the team. Maresca will know more by then. There's 15 days left in, what are you panicking for. We might have a busy deadline day for once. Should have done more in January.

Exquisite lol